• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Rom] Viper OS for Motorola Moto C (namath)

Search This thread

shr!pad

Nov 2, 2017
Bangalore
It doesn't .. my advice no need to waste time.
I tried every tool, and they doesn't work.
We need a box with moto support, or a good nvdata backup, someone already sent one to me but it is corrupted.

yes i can agree with you, but without trying all methods we cant say not working. yes u r right, need good nvdata backup.
But no one sharing good nvdata backup, then we can't help,. i have no more moto c/c plus device.

Reactions: AdwayPratap

AdwayPratap

Feb 27, 2018

Mysteryagr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 16, 2012
Cairo
Reactions: AdwayPratap

AdwayPratap

Feb 27, 2018
No, you have to edit it using this method:
http://lenovo-forums.ru/tutorials/a...mei-na-smartfonah-motorola-s-processorom-mtk/

I used XT1755 back, and I put any random number at the end of the imei.. it works but it doesn't fit with the signal frequencies in my country.
This method gives wrong imei in sim2 but sim 1 is working in mine.
Sim 2 isn't working because there will be 1 as the last digit instead of 5 in imei 2.
Well I want to use my own IMEI ...
Trying hard to figure that out ..LOL
Can't understand how did they converted imei into hex format.
Still they messed up with imei 2.

Mysteryagr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 16, 2012
Cairo
This method gives wrong imei in sim2 but sim 1 is working in mine.
Sim 2 isn't working because there will be 1 as the last digit instead of 5 in imei 2.
Well I want to use my own IMEI ...
Trying hard to figure that out ..LOL
Can't understand how did they converted imei into hex format.
Still they messed up with imei 2.

I edited both IMEI with this method, and it doesn't show wrong imei.
I want to write my own IMEI too, but there's no clear instructions.. I done a heavy research, and asked the author... He didn't reply.
And While I was researching I found a comment on a video, someone wrote his IMEI In this strange hex format and it is similar to mine except for few numbers which I tried to collect from the previously mentioned tutorial hopping it will work .. but I still need a good working backup of nvdata.bin from model XT1754, and if I couldn't write my own imei I guess I will just modify it. Right now, the signal is dropping and is not stable so this is something I should care about first, before searching for a way to change the imei number back to the original one.
Motorola might be smart to make it that difficult, so if a thief stole your phone, he won't be able to change the imei easily (Except of he has a box which support moto), but in our case it is a pain to fix the device.

HB72K

Jul 19, 2015
Jalapa del Marqués
hello friends I am trying to compile with the sources of @Mysteryagr but I get this error
some idea of ​​how to solve it?
the commands that I use are

. build / envsetup.sh && breakfast namath
lunch viper_namath-userdebug

cd device / motorola / namath / patches

chmod + x apply-patches.sh
./apply-patches.sh
mka poison

thanks 7u7

media_AudioSystem.d >> /home/hb72k/viper/out/target/product/namath/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/android_media_AudioSystem.P; rm -f /home/hb72k/viper/out/target/product/namath/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/android_media_AudioSystem.d )"
target thumb C++: libandroid_runtime <= frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1765:21: error: no member named 'GetAudioData' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(AudioSystem::GetAudioData(par,len,(void *)buffer) != NO_ERROR ){
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1789:21: error: no member named 'SetEMParameter' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(AudioSystem::SetEMParameter ((void *)EMParameter, len) != NO_ERROR ){
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1814:21: error: no member named 'SetAudioData' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(AudioSystem::SetAudioData (par,len,(void *)AudioCustomVolumeParameter) != NO_ERROR ){
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1826:49: error: no member named 'SetAudioCommand' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(PERMISSION_DENIED == (ret = AudioSystem::SetAudioCommand(para1, para2)))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1841:33: error: no member named 'GetAudioCommand' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(NO_ERROR != AudioSystem::GetAudioCommand(para1, &ret))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_AudioSystem.cpp:1865:21: error: no member named 'GetEMParameter' in 'android::AudioSystem'
if(AudioSystem::GetEMParameter ((void *)buffer, len) != NO_ERROR ){
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
6 errors generated.
[ 40% 13578/33250] build /home/hb72k/viper/out...android-support-compat-kitkat_intermediates/classes.jack
Building with Jack: /home/hb72k/viper/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android-support-compat-kitkat_intermediates/classes.jack
[ 40% 13578/33250] build /home/hb72k/viper/out...roid_runtime_intermediates/android_media_ToneGenerator.o
target thumb C++: libandroid_runtime <= frameworks/base/core/jni/android_media_ToneGenerator.cpp
[ 40% 13578/33250] build /home/hb72k/viper/out...LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex
Building with Jack: /home/hb72k/viper/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
build/core/ninja.mk:166: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/hb72k/viper'

Attachments

• build.log.zip
    270 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
     * Your warranty is voided.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * Third World War, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Code:
    If you are having problems and want to send a report (Logcat), make sure that you are reporting from the default kernel, not a modified one. Modified kernels can break or fix, even make things better. It depends. I cannot get a full hint of the problem when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
    Status bar Customization

- Customizable icons
    - Quick pulldown
    - Smart pulldown
    - Notification count
    - Clock position
    - Seconds in clock
    - Date design

Quick Settings

- Brightness slider
    - Brightness icon
    - Tile tap customization
    - Header customization

System

- Power menu customization

• Working:
    - Almost everything

• Bugs:
    - Video recording

• ChangeLog
    First build:
    Code:
    * Intial build for Moto C
    Second build:
    Code:
    * Semi fix for video recording
    * Used Camu instead of snap camera temporary

• Instructions:
    1. Download the ROM and move it to your phone storage.
    2. Reboot phone to TWRP recovery.
    3. Wipe everything execpt SDcard (Internal memory is optional).
    4. Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5. Reboot.

• DOWNLOADS:
    - First Build: Download from here
    - Second Build: Download from here

• TWRP recovery
    - Tutorial for locked bootloader
    - Compiled recovery

• Source
    - Device tree
    - Vendor
    - kernel source

Base
    LineAge OS

Credits
    - crDroid Android
    - CypherOS
    - AICP
    - PureNexus
    - AOKP
    - Dirty Unicorns
    - Paranoid Android
    - and more..
    @iykeDROID™
    @Nonta72
    @nasreirma
    @Zormax
    @darklord4822
    - Other developers mentioned in my device tree

~ Happy flashing ~​

XDA:DevDB Information
    The first Viper OS for Moto C, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Mysteryagr
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N/A
    Based On: LineAge

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-06

Created 2017-12-07
    Last Updated 2017-12-06
    xt1754
    tried flashing stock firmware with 2 different sp flash too verions [one that has a field for auth file and one that doesnt(was bundles in the folder with stock rom)]
    the version that doesnt have an option to select an auth file requires an auth file to flash and the version that lets me select an auth file tells me error 0X00

Found something. You can flash images through twrp. Put system and boot images of stock firmware on your phone and boot into recovery.

In twrp, choose install option and switch to flash images. Navigate to the folder where you put the firmware and choose.

When you do so, twrp will ask you in what partition to flash the image. Choose carefully: system image on system partition and boot image on boot partition.
    gapps which to use ..?
    Use the gapps you like, I am using Aroma open gapps
    hi, do work it on moto c XT1754 model? must Unlock boot loader (enable OEM Unlock) before Flash this custom rom?
    thanks

No need to unlook bootloader. use this method:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-3-1-1-0-moto-c-t3703184

After install custom recovery, DO a backup of your actual rom, so if something goes wrong, you can always go back to your original firmware.