• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM] ViperOne 9.0.0 ◦ Sense 7 | Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs ◦ All variants

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Can u explain further ?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
If you're using latest viperone now then your rom version would be 6.09.xxx.xx and hence your firmware should also match the same i.e 6.09.xxx.xx. If you are in Lollipop rom then your firmware should be whatever that your rom is based on. Ex: 7.19.xxx.xx etc..

Sent from my HTC One
It is always a good idea to have the newest firmware. New firmware + older ROM base = seldom any issues. Old firmware + newer ROM base = radio issues (among others), specifically wifi/data connectivity.

Reactions: iBalajiS

gokudre

Mar 12, 2009
Springfield Massachusetts
It is always a good idea to have the newest firmware. New firmware + older ROM base = seldom any issues. Old firmware + newer ROM base = radio issues (among others), specifically wifi/data connectivity.
Thank you. So even though I'm on the CURRENT viper I should jump to the 7xxx firmware ? If so I'll do it tonight

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

akpe

Jan 25, 2006
Athens
Well, I just jumped onto the lollipop train just to get a glimpse, and wow. Changes may not be major (in Sense at least) but they damn well look major. Smoothness is beyond comprehension, ART does wonders, and battery looks better (although I've only went through two cycles for now).

If the stock(ish) lollipop rom is like this, I can't wait to see what ViperOne lollipop is gonna be like!

After the latest M9 leaks I'm actually more impatient for ViperOne than for the M9 announcement :D
@j to the 4n, any suggested firmware/recovery versions to be prepared for the release? :D I'm guessing 7.19.401.2 with TWRP 2.8.5.0, right?

(althouth 2.8.5.0 gave me issues when trying to install ARHD lollipop, stuck in formatting and unable to mount system, so I reverted to 2.6.3.3 and flashed it)

Reactions: doc_v15 and nek46

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Well, I just jumped onto the lollipop train just to get a glimpse, and wow. Changes may not be major (in Sense at least) but they damn well look major. Smoothness is beyond comprehension, ART does wonders, and battery looks better (although I've only went through two cycles for now).

If the stock(ish) lollipop rom is like this, I can't wait to see what ViperOne lollipop is gonna be like!

After the latest M9 leaks I'm actually more impatient for ViperOne than for the M9 announcement :D
@j to the 4n, any suggested firmware/recovery versions to be prepared for the release? :D I'm guessing 7.19.401.2 with TWRP 2.8.5.0, right?

(althouth 2.8.5.0 gave me issues when trying to install ARHD lollipop, stuck in formatting and unable to mount system, so I reverted to 2.6.3.3 and flashed it)
Not sure about the recovery, but the firmware yes thats right

I can flash Lollipop Sense ROMs on 2.8.5.0, but apparently m8 has some issues on the newest TWRP so lets see how it goes on m7

Last edited: