[ROM] ViSiON-X N4 INTL 5.1.1 [N910FXXU1COJ5v1][11-06-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

semakawa

Aug 28, 2011
Montreal
I had the 32gb Note 5 here in Canada, it lasted 5 days in my hands as i couldnt stand the lack of storage space, lag and bad battery life. Unless I had a lemon I have no idea but I definitely wasnt happy with the device. @force70 the 64gb is now available here? wonder the off contract tag on that. I'm just worried even with that the storage will fail me

I had the same N5 on Rogers for 1 week but i quickly came back to my old N4. Now I'm running an N5 international port and all that i can say us that I'm happy with my N4. Will wait to see what the Note 6 will bring. Maybe Snapdragon 820 and micro SD. Don't care for removable battery.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I had the 32gb Note 5 here in Canada, it lasted 5 days in my hands as i couldnt stand the lack of storage space, lag and bad battery life. Unless I had a lemon I have no idea but I definitely wasnt happy with the device. @force70 the 64gb is now available here? wonder the off contract tag on that. I'm just worried even with that the storage will fail me

Good timing on that question Turilo...lookee what i picked up today, 64gb titanium silver.

This is by far the sweetest looking device i have ever seen.

It was just shy of $900 out the door off contract

sent from my Nexus 6 or Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1447017188983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1447017188983.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 365
  • uploadfromtaptalk1447017198680.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1447017198680.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Good timing on that question Turilo...lookee what i picked up today, 64gb titanium silver.

I think I'd rather go with the nexus 6p

ArsusX

Jan 6, 2011
It is time for a Vision-X N5 port. I have seen, I like, and I will build....so let the games begin......hell yes.....:D:good::good:

Super! I hope international one...

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Does it support Vietnamese language like the first version did?

I see it in the settings...

Reactions: dangkhoivt

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas

I am testing still, data goes on and off with my build...hmm...getting closer.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas

You da man....I can not swing $800 at the moment, maybe soon, but medical bills are in order first.

we'll see....:D

Reactions: ALLDAT

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I have a 910w8 canadian note 4, what kernel can i use with this?

The one thats baked in works just fine

Sent from my Note 5, Nexus 6P, Note 4 or Nexus 6

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Hi guys
Do I need to clean wipe everytime I'm updating this rom
Or can I just dirty flash over the previous version

Clean flash, diff base.

Sent from my Note 5, Nexus 6P, Note 4 or Nexus 6

Reactions: ALLDAT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GALAXY NOTE 4 - INTL ROM
    N910T/N910W8
    Stock, Slim, Clean, and Fast! Insane Battery Life
    * By downloading this ROM, You are accepting that CUSTOM ROMS have issues!
    * Any issues that you may experience, report them in the THREAD ONLY! I will NOT answer pm regarding this ROM! Period!

UPDATED 11-06-15

The ViSiON X N4 Team

★ Lead Developer ★
    AxAtAx
    ★ Senior Developer ★ Themer ★
    C13v3r0n3
    ★ Senior Developer ★ Themer ★
    chenxiaolong
    ★ Developer ★ Chief Tech Support ★
    force70

★ Disclaimer ★
    By flashing this ROM, your warranty is now voided.
    Do not use ANY part of this ROM without asking my permission!!
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THING THAT BREAKS YOUR DEVICE!

This ROM is based off the N910F International Firmware.
    This ROM will ONLY get base change releases.
    This ROM will be re-based upon Samsung releases.
    This ROM will NOT receive changelogs. (So DONT ask)
    ViSiON-X International ROMS carry same mods!

ViSiON X N4 ANDROID L 5.1.1 ViSXN910FXXU1COJ5v1 DeODEXED [11-06-15]
    • COMPLETE STOCK LOOK • DEODEX • CLEAN • FAST • INSANE BATTERY LIFE!

IMPORTANT : PLEASE READ THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FIRST

• MAKE A COMPLETE NANDROID BACKUP
    • BATTERY MUST BE 80%+ NO EXCEPTIONS
    • COMPLETE WIPE TO INCLUDE DALVIK,CACHE, DATA, SYSTEM. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    • FLASH THE VISION-X 5.1.1 ROM
    • T-MOBILE USERS NO NEED TO FLASH KERNEL – JUST BOOT
    • <<<<INCLUDED KERNEL USED - KERNEL IS LOCATED BELOW>>>>
    • ALL OTHER DEVICES MUST FLASH A WORKING 5.1.1 KERNEL
    • FLASH SuperSU from Chainfire, LOCATED DOWNLOAD HERE
    • BOOT ROM – DEODEX VERSION TAKES AT LEAST 7-8+ MIN TO BOOT
    • >>> YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED – AGAIN ROM TAKES 7-8+ MIN!!!! BE PATIENT, IT WILL BOOT <<<
    • AFTER IT BOOTS, SETUP AND UPDATE ALL MARKET APPS -(IMPORTANT)
    Where it says "EULA &Diagnostic Data" Make sure you select "No Thanks" to the "Consent to provide Diagnostic and usage data" (this is a Samsung prompt) OR YOU WILL HAVE DATA ISSUES!
    • MANUALLY ENTER THE CORRECT APN FOR YOUR DEVICE. CAN BE FOUND HERE
    • ENJOY!

Special thanks to @friedrich420 for his 5.1.1 AELKernel!

WHAT'S INCLUDED

• 5way Reboot Menu
    • AdAway Updated
    • Enabled CALL & MSG BLOCKING
    • Native Call Recording
    • SuperSU 2.46 Included
    • Cleaned Up the Build.prop
    • Added /mnt/externalsd & /mnt/media_rw Write Support
    • The Rom is solid and Fast
    • Stable Rom for Daily Use
    • Very Good Battery Life​

Model name GALAXY Note 4
    Country Unknown
    Version Android 5.1.1
    Changelist 5932638
    Build date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:23:17 +0000
    Product code TTR
    PDA N910FXXU1COJ5
    CSC N910FTTR1COI1

COJ5 DOWNLOAD HERE

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: Do I need to flash a Bootloader and or a Modem?
    A: No, Unless you have data issues and or drops or cannot boot.

Q: I can not connect wifi, what can I do?
    A: Flash a compatible lollipop 5.0 kernel made for your device.

Q: Will flashing this rom trip Knox 0x1?
    A: YES

Q: Does this rom have Wifi-Calling?
    A: NO, it is an international rom - Duh!

COMMON FIXES
    Root Fix
    You need to update supersu via play store then set it to always grant. Grab SELinuxModeChanger from play store and set it to permissive. After that make sure SELinuxModeChanger is set to always grant. Once that's done you can go back and set supersu to prompt.

Set US Region
    Change the following in build.prop:
    ro.product.locale.language = en
    ro.product.locale.region = US

Fix Wifi
    Edit build.prop ro.securestorage.support and ro.securestorage.knox from true to false. If they are already false change to true and then back to false. Reboot.
    In order to get the play store to work properly, I had to change the following lines in build.prop:

ro.product.device = trlteus
    ro.product.name = trlteus

I also changed the ro.product.model to SM-N910T, but I doubt it really changed anything. The playstore still recognizes it as SM-N910W8

Very Special Thanks to:
    ★★★ TheWife★★★
    - For putting up with this craziness!!! Without her, I WOULD NOT BE HERE!!

Thank you all very much! I really appreciate all of your support!

ALL OLDER ROM BUILDS

R.I.P. @Flashvetrin, YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND, AND WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] ViSiON-X N4 INTL 5.1.1 [N910FXXU1COJ5v1][11-06-15], ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    AxAtAx, force70
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ViSXN910FXXU1COJ5v1
    Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: ViSXN910FXXU1COJ5v1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-06

Created 2015-03-28
    Last Updated 2015-11-06
    Enough

[FONT=&quot]Xda has changed, now there is more complaining than I have ever seen, I spend MANY hours to try and bring some roms to the users here, so people can at least have a choice of different roms to run. I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS! People continuously send me emails and PM saying that I need to do more to help them get their rom running, I have tried to help, but these people want a person to hold their hand and walk them thru every damn step. These people that complain have NO reason to be flashing when they do not know even the basics of flashing, I am tired, I am seeing this in many threads. I need to take a break from this, and spend time with my wife. I will still frequent the site, but I will no longer build for ungrateful people. I am truly sorry that some have to suffer for others. Thank you. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rodney[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]AxAtAx[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    EDIT: Moved to http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...t-unmodified-port-sm-n910w8-lollipop-t3072920

The original post is available by clicking the button below.

The SM-N910W8 Lollipop works extremely well on the SM-N910T due to the exact same hardware. As @Dingchow pointed out, the Canada model has "SM-N910T" printed under the battery.

NOTE: The flashable zip has been updated to include the language files that were originally from cache.img.ext4. This fixes the SNote crashes and Action Memo crashes.

The Canadian build runs without any of the hacks for the international builds except for the brightness fix kernel patch. Even LTE data is working properly. Here's how to flash the build. ROM developers can make ROMs based off of this.

Flashable version

1. Factory reset (data is not compatible with international ROMs). Otherwise, you'll experience issues with android.process.acore crashing
    2. Flash the flashable Canadian N910W8VLU1BOC4 stock ROM from https://mega.co.nz/#!Qwp3WQAC!c_CaIGo-1HOjiRQYfJjC2PYc5il3mgAEctNW52YBK_U
    3. Flash SuperSU
    4. Reboot
    5. Set up the T-Mobile APN (see: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14688#apn_settings).
    6. Enjoy a flawless ROM!

Installing manually

1. Factory reset (data is not compatible with international ROMs). Otherwise, you'll experience issues with android.process.acore crashing
    2. Download the Canadian N910W8VLU1BOC4 stock ROM from https://mega.co.nz/#!hxYXzYhJ!M_KCVikSc4iETI4mjAzlZSqHXCrtXYJeElzv9xZpPgI
    3. Extract cache.img.ext4 from the Odin tar.md5 archive and extract recovery/sec_csc.zip from that ext4 image
    4. Open sec_csc.zip and remove:
      • system/csc
      • system/etc
      • system/CSCVersion.txt
      • system/SW_Configuration.xml
    5. Add "mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "");" to the updater-script
    6. Remove all images except for "system.img.ext4" from the Odin tar.md5 archive (keeping the *.mbn can hard brick your device! Don't do it!)
    7. Flash using odin
    8. Reboot into recovery
    9. Flash the modified sec_csc.zip
    10. Flash my patched kernel from https://noobdev.io/canada/Kernel_N910W8VLU1BOC4_Patched.zip (stock kernel, but with tima and dmverity disabled to boot on our device and added CM patch for brightness fix)
    11. Flash SuperSU
    12. Reboot
    13. Set up the T-Mobile APN (see: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14688#apn_settings).
    14. Set "ro.securestorage.support" to false in /system/build.prop (or else WIFI passwords won't persist across a reboot)
    15. Disable SecurityLogAgent with TitaniumBackup or delete /system/app/SecurityLogAgent to remove the KNOX notification.
    16. Enjoy a flawless ROM!

GPL Kernel source is here: https://github.com/chenxiaolong/Note4Kernel

Screenshots:

@AxAtAx: You should totally rebase your ROM on this. It works flawlessly and best of all, no hacks or workarounds! (And yes, the logcat spamming is completely fixed as well)

EDIT: I can't even begin to say how happy I am with the logcat spamming gone. Makes debugging my stuff so much less painful.

EDIT2: The Canadian stock ROM has no bloatware, no CSC customizations, and customizable auto-brightness. This is as good as it gets!

This post here is for the ***** people, I better see the thanks button light up, wow, you don't even have to go back a page...here it is...

• T-MOBILE KERNEL USED - KT-NOTE4 - KTweaker - 5.0.1 LOCATED DOWNLOAD HERE

one more in case anyone is color blind.....

• T-MOBILE KERNEL USED - KT-NOTE4 - KTweaker - 5.0.1 LOCATED DOWNLOAD HERE

OP HAS BEEN UPDATED!
    Hey @AxAtAx:

Just found out how to fix the brightness issue! The Kit Kat bootloader on the Note 4 does not report the display panel's name, which the Lollipop kernel expects. CM already worked around this by hardcoding a valid value into the source code (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/7fd52ab04c816cd03f65f8a991cf03054f18d731). I've applied this patch to ktoonsez's sources (at commit a2efde66e8903cd00eb70255b20802482f37552e), and as expected, the brightness changes work now :)

The following boot.img file should fix the brightness issue. I recompiled the kernel and swapped out the kernel from your boot image.

Enjoy!

Download: https://noobdev.io/visionx/boot.img

EDIT: Fantastic ROM by the way! It works much better than I originally anticipated.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone