[ROM] VZW JDQ39 4.2.2 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODS

Search This thread

pez910

Feb 23, 2011
I had to log in to make the comment that my GNex has never run smoother with another ROM, Stock or not.

Also, these are the best radios I've come across yet for me. I'm getting LTE in my house now, whereas even my iPhone 5 isn't getting LTE, just about 2-3 bars of 3G at best. I'm very pleased with this OTA.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
There isn't a Verizon stock 4.3 for him to build off of.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I've built one from aosp and made it as close to a stock Verizon rom as possible. I can upload it in my other thread if people are interested.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new JDQ39 stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus from the leaked OTA from google's servers. It is stock other than being rooted (CWM version), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, insecure kernel, and init.d support. You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios HERE. I will add some mods in the coming days, but I would imagine that any mod made for aosp 4.2.2 will probably work.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Goo.im DOWNLOAD

CUBBY.COM MIRROR

MD5: 6d58b5c69e11f1a03d1ecaffbc81f1f8
    Size: 251.69 MB

Thanks to El Madhatter for posting the google link to the update and oldblue910 for the link to the OTA update from google's servers.

MODS: - All mods backup the original file that is replaced to /path/filename.apk.bak. To restore, just delete/rename the 'mod' version and remove '.bak' from the original version.

Extended Power Menu - CM style
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: ba770f7e7b491468c642b225a0d6bd61

Facebook Sync Mod
    - Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
    - Replaces /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: a9de49b9e0aefc20656bd76c1d8961f4
    Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
    - Remove you Facebook account
    - Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
    - Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
    - Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
    - Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
    - Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
    - If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

1% Battery Mods
    - Replaces /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    -
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-40-23.png

- DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: 98d144757692bb82727d10ea6ae2620d
    - A circular version made by mcl630 is HERE.
    -
    attachment.php

Native Tethering
    - Removes carrier check when tethering
    - Replaces /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    - MD5: 2600a27ed78615299b3497a5ca05f872
    Native tethering, power menu, 1% battery, and facebook sync mods have been added to post 1.
    Probably a dumb question but what are the real and practical differences between this and a near stock room like MMuzzy? I certainly appreciate MWalt2s work in making this available but I am not sure I understand the distinction between these two types. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    When we both release aosp-built roms, there is very little difference to the stock rom he has. However, this rom is what will be the stock image (other than the fact that it is deodexed, rooted, has busybox, and an insecure kernel so you can use adb on /system without rebooting to recovery) once google releases it if follows the previous 'leaks' and does not change before Verizon gives the ok to push to all devices. It's not aosp-based with stuff added in to make it work correctly.

I've also been doing it about 1 month longer than mmuzzy lol :D. I liked the way craigacgomez did his 4.0.4 thread with a stock rooted rom and follow along in those lines when new builds come along.
    Anyone know where I can get the latest google wallet?

You can grab it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2122313
    Could you post a mirror?

Here's an alternate link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108997228/JDQ39-Circular-1prct-Battery-MCL.zip

I've also added it to my original post.