[ROM][Vzw] ViperOne 7.0.1 • Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs and more

Search This thread

thekwijibo

Feb 3, 2009
It can be a few things but sometimes that happens with under volting or clocking the min values such that the phone has difficulty waking from deep sleep. I had this problem on both AOSP and Sense 4.4.2 pretty consistently, but has not happened once since moving to even beta version of 7.0

I haven't tweaked any CPU settings and was running the stock kernel when it happened a week or so ago. Just to shake things up I ran the Elite Lunar Kernel. This weekend, I had it happen again. :( Should I try overclocking it?

Not a huge deal, but it can be annoying when you need to snap a picture, answer a text, etc.

AlPoo

Oct 3, 2012
My Mobile hotspot isnt working. Ive wiped cash via TiBu. on the dropdown window it'll turn "on" but none of my devices can find it. there is no persistent notification either

Hot spot should have persistent notification even with 0 users. However these things don't just break themselves. You have either flashed something incompatible or installed ad blocking perhaps?

And please don't post back and say the hotspot setting for hide SSID is checked mysteriously [emoji1] [emoji1]

the hide ssid box is unchecked with no security and lan settings on default. i havent flashed or installed anything recently, and i've had Xposedinstaller youtube ad away without any previous problems. I've since uninstalled and hasnt fixed my problem. Around the time it stopped working, Google Play Auto-updated ES File Manager, Facebook, HTC Sense TV, My Verizon Mobile, Twitter and Youtube. I don't know if any of those may have been the problem.

Last edited:

arshull

Mar 26, 2009
Raleigh
Since using version 7, I can not find the feature that enables the home button to unlock the lock screen. It worked well in versions 6.1 and 6.2. Additionally, I can not remove the app shortcuts on the lock screen. There are 4 at the bottom of the screen. In previous versions, you could disable them to have a cleaner look.

Any recommendations or am I just overlooking something?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
Since using version 7, I can not find the feature that enables the home button to unlock the lock screen. It worked well in versions 6.1 and 6.2. Additionally, I can not remove the app shortcuts on the lock screen. There are 4 at the bottom of the screen. In previous versions, you could disable them to have a cleaner look.

Any recommendations or am I just overlooking something?

Lockscreen Button actions got removed because issues were found shortly before the rom release.

To remove lockscreem shortcuts:

Vemomtweaks-lockscreen: shortcuts

Enable it and then disable all shortcuts

Reactions: arshull

arshull

Mar 26, 2009
Raleigh
Lockscreen Button actions got removed because issues were found shortly before the rom release.

To remove lockscreem shortcuts:

Vemomtweaks-lockscreen: shortcuts

Enable it and then disable all shortcuts

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply! Do you foresee the button feature being reinstated in future releases or is that feature causing too many problems to be worth it?

Thanks again!

Banished Angel

Nov 23, 2012
A couple days ago Verizon had an outage in my area. A fiber line was apparently cut and no one on Verizon had service for 12 hours or so. Once service came back on I started having problems that no one else seems to be having. Once my phone has been on for a while I can't make or receive any calls. Texting and 4G internet work fine, but calls won't connect. If I reset my phone, calls will work for about 15 minutes and then I'm back to the same problem. I tried reflashing the latest 4.4.3 Verizon firmware and that didn't fix the problem. I'm running ViperOne 7.0.1 and haven't done anything to my phone recently that should be causing this. I thought it could just be the Verizon network acting up after the outage, but like I said no one else I know is experiencing this. Does anyone have any advice?

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
A couple days ago Verizon had an outage in my area. A fiber line was apparently cut and no one on Verizon had service for 12 hours or so. Once service came back on I started having problems that no one else seems to be having. Once my phone has been on for a while I can't make or receive any calls. Texting and 4G internet work fine, but calls won't connect. If I reset my phone, calls will work for about 15 minutes and then I'm back to the same problem. I tried reflashing the latest 4.4.3 Verizon firmware and that didn't fix the problem. I'm running ViperOne 7.0.1 and haven't done anything to my phone recently that should be causing this. I thought it could just be the Verizon network acting up after the outage, but like I said no one else I know is experiencing this. Does anyone have any advice?

have you checked to make sure your network preference is correct? Tweaks > Misc > Phone information > should be set to CDMA + LTE/EvDo. Next thing to check would be APN

Inane65

Nov 1, 2012
I did a clean flash to 7.0.1 over the weekend and I am having issues with the lock screen staying black. A few times during the day Sunday and again today, when I push the Power button to wake the phone the screen stays dark.
If I leave the phone alone for 5-10 minutes, it starts working as expected.
I can take a screenshot (still black) and to a Power reset, so I know my button is working.
I saw this on version 6.2 and 7.0.0, but kept hoping it would go away.

I love this ROM, but I may have to migrate back to NuSense if I cant find a solution.

I seem to be having a SIMILAR issue. Don't know if it's exactly the same.

I live in Oklahoma and work the turnpikes. When I get on the Indian Nations turnpike, I start having issues. I came from ViperOne 5.8 and didn't have the issues on that ROM.

When it happens and I'm watching it, my status bar disappears first and the screen seems locked. Touching the screen doesn't do anything. Then the screen locks (back to the lockscreen) and still not allowing any input touches on the screen. Then the screen dims and then goes black (after about 5 seconds or so). When I press the power button, the capacitive buttons light up, but the screen stays black. If I press the button again, the buttons dim out. If I wait a few seconds, the buttons will dim out on their own. After continuing down the pike, continually pressing the power button, eventually the screen will come back on to the lockscreen and will allow touch input again. I can then unlock my screen and it operates normally until it does it again (which can be from just a few seconds to a few minutes or even longer).

I know this can't be location related, but I do have very little to no signal (data and voice) in the locations it happens. I thought it might be something to do with radio, firmware, kernel, data roaming, etc. This was going on last night as I drove, so I went from the stock kernel to Lunar and then to Elemental all with the same result. I went from the newest radio back one version with the same results. Didn't flash firmware.

It seemed to not happen if I put the phone in airplane mode with all radios turned off.

This happens every time I get in that location. Puts me completely out of contact.

Anybodies gots any ideers?

Verizon HTC One
ViperOne 7.0.1
Elemental X 17.2.3
Sense 6.0

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Moderator - I Regret No
Apr 14, 2009
Texas

I live in Oklahoma and work the turnpikes. When I get on the Indian Nations turnpike, I start having issues. I came from ViperOne 5.8 and didn't have the issues on that ROM.

When it happens and I'm watching it, my status bar disappears first and the screen seems locked. Touching the screen doesn't do anything. Then the screen locks (back to the lockscreen) and still not allowing any input touches on the screen. Then the screen dims and then goes black (after about 5 seconds or so). When I press the power button, the capacitive buttons light up, but the screen stays black. If I press the button again, the buttons dim out. If I wait a few seconds, the buttons will dim out on their own. After continuing down the pike, continually pressing the power button, eventually the screen will come back on to the lockscreen and will allow touch input again. I can then unlock my screen and it operates normally until it does it again (which can be from just a few seconds to a few minutes or even longer).

I know this can't be location related, but I do have very little to no signal (data and voice) in the locations it happens. I thought it might be something to do with radio, firmware, kernel, data roaming, etc. This was going on last night as I drove, so I went from the stock kernel to Lunar and then to Elemental all with the same result. I went from the newest radio back one version with the same results. Didn't flash firmware.

It seemed to not happen if I put the phone in airplane mode with all radios turned off.

This happens every time I get in that location. Puts me completely out of contact.

Verizon HTC One
ViperOne 7.0.1
Elemental X 17.2.3
Sense 6.0

Have the same issue here, mate. Just re-started the phone about 5 minutes ago with the same symptoms :eek:

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012

Verizon HTC One
ViperOne 7.0.1
Elemental X 17.2.3
Sense 6.0
That sounds like when your signal changes it causes the systemui to crash or restart (which is what is sending you to the lockscreen when you restart systemui). not sure about the inability to unlock, but are you using any status bar tweaks like themeing or changing of icons? Also can you please submit a ticket @ venomroms.com, the dev/support team can't monitor these threads as frequently as we'd like to.

spjoneser

Jun 5, 2010
Been having same problem, exactly as described above. As much as problem sucks, relieved to finally hear I'm not the only one. Been camping a couple times lately, definitely location or service triggered. As soon as I get into better service area problem is resolved. My wife on the other hand is using completely stock HTC One and her phone always stays functional. Which of course gets me the ole. . . "I don't know any you mess with your phone like that". . Anyways, resolution would be awesome. If anyone needs more info or help resolving would love to help!

Guess I should add that I am still on 6.2.1 with lunar kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: onthehole

theDK10

Mar 7, 2011
Rebooting

Hey so Im latest ruu and Im coming from tiktak gpe rom. I factory reset with stock rom and then flashed current twrp from the installer then installed and it just keeps bootlooping. Ive tried with viper settings and without. Any suggestions please. Verizon htc one

zibrah3ed

Aug 16, 2010
Kansas
Same problem whenever i get on the Indian Nations turnpike myself. Notification disappears and screen turns off and will not turn back on until rebooting or signal is out of voice roaming again. Impossible for me to logcat since it always happens while driving. Music I'm listening to keeps playing while this is happening though.

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Hey so Im latest ruu and Im coming from tiktak gpe rom. I factory reset with stock rom and then flashed current twrp from the installer then installed and it just keeps bootlooping. Ive tried with viper settings and without. Any suggestions please. Verizon htc one

After flashing the stock rom, you have a secure boot.img.
Flash the insecure boot.img from post 2 in my stock rom thread.
Then flash this rom. You should no longer bootloop.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitephlight

Inane65

Nov 1, 2012
Same problem whenever i get on the Indian Nations turnpike myself. Notification disappears and screen turns off and will not turn back on until rebooting or signal is out of voice roaming again. Impossible for me to logcat since it always happens while driving. Music I'm listening to keeps playing while this is happening though.

Yeah, well, I turned in a ticket on their new ticket system, wrote back and forth with someone a couple of times was told to leave some logs. So I uploaded some log files and they closed the ticket with no explanation. I have no idea why. It seems it's not a widespread issue, but it sure sucks for the people that do have the issue. I also haven't seen anything related on any other carrier. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. LOL! I hope someone can figure this out because I'm missing my Viper. I currently am trying Ecliptic inverted. But I haven't been back to the Indian so far this week. I'll post back when I do go.

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah, well, I turned in a ticket on their new ticket system, wrote back and forth with someone a couple of times was told to leave some logs. So I uploaded some log files and they closed the ticket with no explanation. I have no idea why. It seems it's not a widespread issue, but it sure sucks for the people that do have the issue. I also haven't seen anything related on any other carrier. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. LOL! I hope someone can figure this out because I'm missing my Viper. I currently am trying Ecliptic inverted. But I haven't been back to the Indian so far this week. I'll post back when I do go.

Can you link me your ticket?

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012

...got assigned to @Turge ...he's a bit lazy lately :)
The ticket got autoclosed, what happens after 4 days of inactivity. I'll take a look in a few. Seems it's really not a wide spread issue. Tbh I heard of it the first time if I'm not wrong.

Edit: I really need a logcat of that thing, when the statusbar dissapears. Otherwise it's like finding IQ in the heads of the guys in the m8 threads, complaining about wifi not working :D
It's seems that SystemUI (Statusbar) is FCing in a loop...a blackscreen is usual bevavior if a system app is fcing several times in a row

Last edited:
Reactions: nitephlight

Inane65

Nov 1, 2012
Edit: I really need a logcat of that thing, when the statusbar dissapears.

Hmmmmm... You know, I'm not a complete noob, but I sure feel like one now. LOL! I'm sorry to be asking this, but I've never done a logcat before. Could you direct me to what the process is and/or what I need to do and I'll see if I can get it done for you the next time I'm out in the location it happens?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC_One_M7.png

developers.png

Turge | j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | hansbert | shnizlon

visit_us.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Vzw] ViperOne 7.0.1 • Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs and more, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    Turge, j to the 4n, hansbert, Basil3,SneakyGhost,Whiskey103
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: HTC Sense 6.0

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-07

Created 2013-12-30
    Last Updated 2014-11-02
    downloads.png

Venom User Agreement - PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD

agreement.png
    This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you and the
    providers of this ROM ("Licensor") and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or
    agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not
    be modified or amended orally, impliedly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this
    Agreement.
    This Agreement may be amended by Licensor at any time and without notice, but only by amending this
    document as posted in Team Venom ROM threads or Team Venom ROMs, unless otherwise agreed to in
    writing by you and Licensor.
    Any amendments will become effective immediately after being posted. As a condition for this license
    you agree to periodically check this license Agreement and terms of use.

License Grant

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR
    USING THE CONTENT.
    THE OFFICIAL WORK OF TEAM VENOM, INCLUDING TEAM VENOM PROVIDED SOFTWARE IS
    COPYRIGHTED AND LICENSED. IT IS NOT SOLD NOR BOUND BY OPEN SOURCE SHARING OR LICENSING.
    BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS CONTENT YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS
    LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE
    AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE OR ACCESS THE CONTENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO
    THE ABOVE IS IN CASES WHERE TEAM VENOM ROMS ARE DISTRIBUTED WITH A CUSTOM KERNEL, IN
    WHICH CASE SAID KERNEL IS FULLY GPL COMPLIANT AND FULL KERNEL SOURCE WILL BE PROVIDED VIA
    PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE IN AGREEMENT WITH APPLICABLE OPEN SOURCE POLICIES REGARDING
    DISTRIBUTION OF SOURCE CODE FOR MODIFIED LINUX KERNELS.

Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the
    content only as authorized in this License Agreement.

Prohibited Acts

Except as authorized in this Agreement, no Team Venom related portions of this ROM may be distributed
    by you or any person under your authority or control. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense,
    transfer, pledge, sell, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the Team Venom portions of this ROM, or
    any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user
    names. You agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, convert to another programming language,
    or otherwise translate the content, and that you will not rent, lease, or lend the content, or any
    component of it, in violation of 17 U.S.C. §§ 109(b)(1). You agree that you will not alter, publish, copy,
    cut, modify or transform the content, or any component of it, in any form to any storage medium, known
    or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever, except as authorized. You will be held legally responsible for
    any trademark or copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the
    terms of this License Agreement.

Licensor reserves the right to deny access to any person or to terminate this license for any reason if
    Licensor reasonably believes that is not being used for its intended purpose, or for any other reason in
    the sole discretion of Licensor.

Licensor's Rights

You acknowledge and agree that the Team Venom owned portions of this ROM are proprietary products
    of Licensor, protected under the copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title,
    and interest in and to the ROM content, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall
    remain with Licensor. You agree that only currently serving Team Venom members working on official
    Team Venom Projects may modify, distribute, or use the ROM and its contents.

No Warranty

THE CONTENT IS LICENSED "AS IS," AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER
    EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, AND/OR
    USE OF THIS ROM DEMONSTRATES COMPLIANCE WITH ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO
    NOT WISH TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT YOU MUST CEASE USING THIS ROM AND ALL
    TEAM VENOM APPLICATIONS.

Limitation of Liability

In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary
    damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME
    STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR
    CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

No Guarantee of Correctness - No Legal Advice - No Medical Advice
    The ROM has been prepared and/or obtained for general information and entertainment purposes only
    and is not intended to provide legal, medical, tax, or professional advice. You acknowledge that Licensor,
    its owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents do not promise or guarantee
    that the ROM is correct, complete, or up-to-date. There is no guarantee that the ROM is correct,
    complete, or up-to-date for any specific circumstance.

Privacy Policy

By using this ROM, you agree to the collection and use of your information by Licensor in accordance
    with this Privacy Policy. Licensor reserves the right to change the terms of this Privacy Policy at any time
    without notice. Your continued use of the ROM following any changes to this Privacy Policy will
    constitute your acceptance of such changes.

Information Collected Automatically

This ROM automatically collects technical information when you connect to VenomHUB or check for OTA
    updates. Examples of this type of information include the type of phone operating system you are using
    as well as your IMEI for phone/user identification purposes and for OTA Update functionality.
    Information collected for the purposes of utilizing VenomHUB or OTA ROM updates will not be shared
    and is inaccessible publicly.
    Governing Law
    You expressly agree that this License Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with,
    the laws of jurisdiction in which Licensor resides, to the exclusion of any other applicable body of
    governing law. This Agreement is entered into in that jurisdiction and not any other jurisdiction.

Exceptions

The following exceptions apply to the above:
    In the case of Team Venom Theme Apks, you are permitted to modify, host, and redistribute solely for
    use in official Team Venom Viper ROMS. You agree that said modified Apks will be properly labeled as
    Team Venom Theme Apks. Further you agree that under no circumstances will said modified Apks be
    utilized in any projects that are not explicitly sanctioned by Team Venom, collectively. This includes but
    is not limited to: Unofficial Beta releases and ‘Kangs’. Team Venom takes no responsibility for issues
    arising from modification or redistribution of aforementioned Theme Apks.

All downloads now on:

See Main Thread for changelogs
    changelog.png
    ViperOne 5.0.0
    • Rebased to 4.19.401.8
    • Added Sprint support - ViperOne 5.0 supported on Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T/etc.
    • Added TMO WiFi Calling
    • Added new Venom Hub - registration is now required: adds Venonm account to "Accounts & sync" in settings
    • Added Venom Downloads UI with ability to specify download folder based on extensions
    • Added tweak to customize folder style in Prism Sense Launcher
    • Added tweak to customize folder background in Prism Sense Launcher
    • Added tweak to switch phone button icons between graphics and text (thanks Dunc!)
    • Added ability to launch Clock/Calendar (or custom app) by clicking Clock/Date in notification panel
    • Added ability to customize Weather app in notification panel
    • Fixed Venom Tweaks error with older stored profiles
    • Fixed whitelist for calls in Quiet Hours
    • Renamed Software updates to Venom updates
    • Updated Google Apps

downloads.png

changelog.png
    ViperOne 5.5.0

• INSTALL:
      • Added ability to remove different media types (alarms, notifications, ringtones)
      • Added ability to remove all various user apps along with more system apps
      • Added ability to remove Venom apps such as File Explorer and Venom Side Panel (and Small Apps)
      • Added Google Now Launcher to DeSense option
      • Added Google Bookmarks Sync
      • Added Google News and Weather Widget
      • Added AdAway hosts files migration during full rom install
      • Changed US English only keyboard installed by default. Added ability to add more keyboards
      • Fixed removal of Stocks app
      • Fixed TWRP recovery flashing for all supported devices (Sprint/Verizon will be automatically detected)
      • Removed Flash Player from install
      • Updated all apps
    • PRISM:
      • Added option to hide clock on blinkfeed
      • Added option for Blinkfeed update interval
      • Added option for Blinkfeed articles ratio
      • Added option for Blinkfeed pages
      • Added Prism indicator options
      • Added Icon size tweak
      • Added new app launch animations
      • Added Navbar slide out
      • Added Statusbar slide out
      • Fixed HtcMusicWidget resizeable
      • Fixed Calculator widget resizeable
      • Fixed custom homescreen layouts
      • Fixed infinitive scrolling
      • Fixed 4x1 weather clock/calender/music widgets for custom homescreen layouts
      • Fixed Feed <-> All Apps bug
      • Fixed transparent dock in App Drawer
      • Fixed clock background in feed
    • STATUS BAR:
      • Added hiding wifi calling icon
      • Added ability to launch custom app when clicking on Analog Clock
      • Added new tweak to dim background as notification panel expands (Tweaks - Statusbar - Notification PullDown Tweaks)
      • Added SoundEnhancer HEQS
      • Changed battery text to left of battery icon
      • Fixed Recent Apps not backing out to previous app with Back/double press Home button
      • Fixed Notification Panel Header background
      • Fixed Status Bar Notification/Settings animated buttons
      • Fixed issue with VEQS/NEQS opening by default when status bar first loads
      • Fixed VEQS Wifi Hotspot
      • Fixed block status bar pulldown on lock screen/during call
      • Removed default notification header clock/date shortcuts - custom shortcuts to clock/calendar will need to be created in Tweaks - Misc
      • Fixed Wireless ADB HEQS/VEQS
      • Added ability to customize analog clock dial and hand colors
      • Added ability to tint notification panel header buttons
    • CAMERA:
      • Added/Fixed Camera date format options (12/24 hour format)
      • Fixed Camera audio bitrate
      • Fixed Camera audio sampling rate when using custom audio bitrate
    • VENOM TWEAKS:
      • Changed bug reporting:
        • Added different logcat modes: FC of app/Other
        • Added screenrecording
      • Fixed intermittent FC when configuringquiet hours notifications whitelist
    • NOTIFICATIONS:
      • Added new venom notification settings for button light/flashlight notification
      • Added counts of flashes per app
      • Added repeat count of flashes
      • Added timeout between flashes
      • Added global timeout
      • Added Intercept mode: Choice of turning screen on or flipping the device turns off the button light/flashlight
      • Added ability to finally add phone calls to blink/flash notifications
      • Added notification interval/delay
      • Added option to flashlight notifications to just flash when the device is faced down
    • MISC:
      • Added Weather Animations
      • Added Screen on Time and Wifi on Time
      • Added All Apps action for 3 Finger Gestures
      • SoundEnhancer effects are now available without the requirement to have headphones connected
      • Removed "HTC Apps" icon from Drawer
      • Added shortcut functionality to pie actions
      • Added shortcut functionality to button actions

Everyone ready for an update?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone