[ROM] [whyred] ArrowOS 10.0 | OFFICIAL [Android 10] [2020.11.09]

Search This thread

Dr.07

Nov 15, 2017
Did you flash any custom kernel? use tr cam
Hello op. Nope I didn't flash any custom kernel. The issue is with snap camera and arnova build 6.2 v1.7( the only I could test). The Open camera app works just fine and the GCam from this thread worked:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/themes/android-9-gcam-por-global-whyred-t3898879

There is one more new bug:
The Swype gesture on AOSP keyboard don't work. I use opengapps nano. It installs Swype libraries but it no Swype typing. I found a solution by replacing it with older Android 9.0 version from apkmirror of LatinIME by Lineage OS.

Overall solid ROM op. Has few hicups in animation here and there but its the hardware limit of the device I guess. Thankyou for such a clean AOSP experience.

MagicalSword

Dec 5, 2011
I installed Arrow some days ago and I am veryr pleased with performance and battery life, including StormBreaker kernel is a win. I have a couple of questions: ever since I installed the 2020-04-27 release, I have a notification warning about a new release available since May 9, which fails to download, obviously. Any way to hide it?

Also, included kernel is a bit old, as version 5.1 is already available: can I flash the eas version over Arrow's?

Thanks for the great work on the ROM!

Enviado dende o meu Redmi Note 5 usando Tapatalk

@sreek995

Sep 15, 2017
Hyderabad
I installed Arrow some days ago and I am veryr pleased with performance and battery life, including StormBreaker kernel is a win. I have a couple of questions: ever since I installed the 2020-04-27 release, I have a notification warning about a new release available since May 9, which fails to download, obviously. Any way to hide it?

Also, included kernel is a bit old, as version 5.1 is already available: can I flash the eas version over Arrow's?

Thanks for the great work on the ROM!

Enviado dende o meu Redmi Note 5 usando Tapatalk

The May 9th build had some network issues and hence it was deleted, and yeah you can flash 5.1 eas without any issues

Reactions: MagicalSword

wordice68

Jun 5, 2009
Hi, I went from the miui to the pixel experience but I miss the possibility of organizing the home icons in a 5x6 grid, the alarm clock that turns on the phone, and a block app stock, so I ask you first if this rom has things I need. Second question: I can flash the rom with the twrp, after cleaning. Third question: if I want to go back to the next miui 12 I can do the usual procedure to flash the miui. Sorry for the many questions and thanks for the work you do.

brunnius

May 19, 2020
Hi, I went from the miui to the pixel experience but I miss the possibility of organizing the home icons in a 5x6 grid, the alarm clock that turns on the phone, and a block app stock, so I ask you first if this rom has things I need. Second question: I can flash the rom with the twrp, after cleaning. Third question: if I want to go back to the next miui 12 I can do the usual procedure to flash the miui. Sorry for the many questions and thanks for the work you do.
First question: Yes, you can change the grid of the home icon, the alarm clock comes with this feature and you can also block app stock. Second question: Yes, you can flash in this room with twrp, after doing a complete cleaning (Dalvik / art cache system, data, internal storage, cache). Third question: I don't know.

wordice68

Jun 5, 2009
First question: Yes, you can change the grid of the home icon, the alarm clock comes with this feature and you can also block app stock. Second question: Yes, you can flash in this room with twrp, after doing a complete cleaning (Dalvik / art cache system, data, internal storage, cache). Third question: I don't know.
Thanks for the quick reply, I install the rom, but the alarm does not turn on the phone, what am I doing wrong?
How do you disable the second sim?

Last edited:

Dr.07

Nov 15, 2017
Edit: It was not necessary to do anything. Just disabled MI Sound Enhancer(Dirac) from sound settings and installed Viper4Android FX 2.7.1.6.
There were no issues.

Once again thanks for the great ROM:)

Last edited:

KRisXD

Sep 3, 2018
Ok Google (Voice Assistant) does not work with Arrow-Gapps.
Steps:
1. Clean flashed: Arrow-v10.0-whyred-OFFICIAL-20200609-GAPPS.zip
2. Logged in Google account
3. Installed Google from Google Play‎
Configured Voice Match but in the end Voice Match is greyed. (attatched screenshot)
Then also tried:
4. Installed Assistant from Google Play‎
Still do not work.
Out of curiosity flashed OpenGapps nano. Ok Google - works.

Thx for great ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Google_20200609-161501.png
    Screenshot_Google_20200609-161501.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 192

Dr.07

Nov 15, 2017
Ok Google (Voice Assistant) does not work with Arrow-Gapps.
Steps:
1. Clean flashed: Arrow-v10.0-whyred-OFFICIAL-20200609-GAPPS.zip
2. Logged in Google account
3. Installed Google from Google Play‎
Configured Voice Match but in the end Voice Match is greyed. (attatched screenshot)
Then also tried:
4. Installed Assistant from Google Play‎
Still do not work.
Out of curiosity flashed OpenGapps nano. Ok Google - works.

Thx for great ROM.
Use arrow os 10.0-vanilla with open gapps 10.0 nano(arm64). All issues related will be resolved:)

MagicalSword

Dec 5, 2011
This is something that's happened to me 3 times already, I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem and if there's some easy solution (I have vanilla + weeb gapps): every times I get the update available notification, I download it and apply it (Orange Fox recovery): everything goes smooth and effortless, but after the reboot, Play services suddenly stop, and won't stop notifying until I go back to recovery and reflash gapps. Then, it's gmail turn to stop (so I have to reinstall, I have switched to outlook for the moment, it's annoying); lastly youtube has to be uninstalled and installed again. I guess this has something to do with the Play services problem and the gapps reflash. Any ideas of why would Play services break? should I flash a different gapps package? I don't see any difference in manually flashing the rom or the OTA package (as it's not an delta but the whole thing and I would do manually exactly the same the script is doing). This is not a big deal, actually, just a bit annoying. Otherwise, the phone goes smoothly and with a great battery life after almost 2 years of use. Thanks for the help!

KRisXD

Sep 3, 2018
This is something that's happened to me 3 times already, I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem and if there's some easy solution (I have vanilla + weeb gapps): every times I get the update available notification, I download it and apply it (Orange Fox recovery): everything goes smooth and effortless, but after the reboot, Play services suddenly stop, and won't stop notifying until I go back to recovery and reflash gapps. Then, it's gmail turn to stop (so I have to reinstall, I have switched to outlook for the moment, it's annoying); lastly youtube has to be uninstalled and installed again. I guess this has something to do with the Play services problem and the gapps reflash. Any ideas of why would Play services break? should I flash a different gapps package? I don't see any difference in manually flashing the rom or the OTA package (as it's not an delta but the whole thing and I would do manually exactly the same the script is doing). This is not a big deal, actually, just a bit annoying. Otherwise, the phone goes smoothly and with a great battery life after almost 2 years of use. Thanks for the help!

Can't tell you where exactly is the problem. But it looks like weeb gapps. I did not have such a problem with The Open GApps. So my advice is use The Open GApps. Or simply Arrow with Gapps but now after clean flash Arrow-v10.0-whyred-OFFICIAL-20200609-GAPPS.zip. Ok goole does not work (at least for me).
Maybe for someone who had earlier version and updated to newest thru OTA, Ok Google works. So maybe someone who is using Arrow-Gapps could say if Ok Google works after update from earlier version.

Reactions: MagicalSword

MagicalSword

Dec 5, 2011
does this ROM also has the in-call low microphone volume and echo problem like all other android 10 roms?

It's working perfect for me: clear audio at both ends.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Really need to know this especially the in-call echo issue

It's quite loud and absolutely clear on my phone. YMMV though...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone