[ROM] [WHYRED] ArrowOS 12.1 | OFFICIAL [Android 12L/12.1]

Search This thread

TFT69

Aug 22, 2013
I don't see why not. You'll have to format your data, so backup everything from internal to SD.
thanks temporarium.
can i use orange fox? i read in the back, that it would be better to use twrp.
I have also read something about encryption.
I don't use the option to encrypt the phone.
so, doing the corresponding format, can i install this rom with orange fox?
thank you.

temporarium

thanks temporarium.
can i use orange fox? i read in the back, that it would be better to use twrp.
I have also read something about encryption.
I don't use the option to encrypt the phone.
so, doing the corresponding format, can i install this rom with orange fox?
thank you.
It should work, though I believe A12 encrypts automatically, so one way or another you'll need to format data (and lose what's on internal storage).

OF should work. If not, you simply flash a newer TWRP later.

So, do your TWRP/OF backup (onto SD card) and copy your photos, music, etc. from internal to SD. That way you can always revert.

TFT69

Aug 22, 2013
It should work, though I believe A12 encrypts automatically, so one way or another you'll need to format data (and lose what's on internal storage).

OF should work. If not, you simply flash a newer TWRP later.

So, do your TWRP/OF backup (onto SD card) and copy your photos, music, etc. from internal to SD. That way you can always revert.
I will look into that. I didn't know that android 12 automatically encrypts.
I keep everything important on the sd.
If I ask all this is not to put me hours with this.
if it is as easy as it is now, that is, copy the rom, flash with orange fox or twrp, perfect.
problems can always arise, but if I will not be able to install it through the recovery or encryption, it would be wasted time.
Thank you.

jd_dpgc

Feb 24, 2011
Karachi
Returned to this rom after using Lineage 18.1 for quite sometime. Did a clean install of ROM Gapps build and google apps from playstore.

Great performance improvement from the last version I used.

couple of things I noticed so far:
  1. Caller ID announcement is not working. you can hear something if you take the speaker close to your ear. I tried all volume controls, but nothing worked. any suggestion to make it work?
  2. Faceunlock is not built in. any plans for it?
  3. Google keyboard doesn't pick up what i say. The permissions are there but for some reason it's doesn't hear me.
  4. Google assistant doesn't pick up what i say.
Super thanks

Last edited:

oscarkim

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to give this ROM a try and I'm impressed. It works great so far. I switched from lineage OS 18.
Compared to lineage ...the camera is much better (significantly), it takes up even less storage (I installed Gapps version) and I'm also getting better battery life :).

One thing I've noticed is that the GPU shows as Adreno 512 instead of 509 in device info app. Is this suppose to be like that ..or have I messed up something during installation XD. I flashed directly from lineage to this without flashing firmware. Anyways everything is working well so far. Thanks for the ROM!

Also, the ROM passes google safety check without the need to root and use magisk. (amazing!)

After some time I've also noticed that the performance is lower in benchmarks (like geekbench), there are times when the UI is unresponsive and the call volume is low. Still a good ROM overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: niyas90

kanand72

Jun 7, 2020
Decided to give this ROM a try and I'm impressed. It works great so far. I switched from lineage OS 18.
Compared to lineage ...the camera is much better (significantly), it takes up even less storage (I installed Gapps version) and I'm also getting better battery life :).

One thing I've noticed is that the GPU shows as Adreno 512 instead of 509 in device info app. Is this suppose to be like that ..or have I messed up something during installation XD. I flashed directly from lineage to this without flashing firmware. Anyways everything is working well so far. Thanks for the ROM!

Also, the ROM passes google safety check without the need to root and use magisk. (amazing!)

After some time I've also noticed that the performance is lower in benchmarks (like geekbench), there are times when the UI is unresponsive and the call volume is low. Still a good ROM overall.
Whats the battery life you are getting ? Screen on time ?

oscarkim

Oct 28, 2017
Whats the battery life you are getting ? Screen on time ?
I've since switched to Derpfest 13 (the call volume was too low XD) ...I didn't note down the screen on time I got with Arrow OS( I just noticed it lasted more playing cod mobile than Lineage)

If you are considering this rom I found out that there is no current maintainer and would recommend flashing a android 13 ROM ( I find they perform better ) - hoping there'll be Arrow OS 13 .

-btw with the current ROM I'm on, I'm getting about 4 and a half hours screen on time

Reactions: dusaka

philxdaneo

Sep 24, 2014
still blocked with arrow logo ...
trying gapp and vanilla, wipe cache data, system etc... nothing work
i use twrp-3.7.0_9-0-whyred
any ideas?

Top Liked Posts