• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [Whyred] Redmi Note 5 China AI to Official Global Stable 8.1 Oreo [9.5.13.0]

Search This thread

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines

xq0tZpH.png

WARNING: DON'T TRY TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU'RE ON MIUI10 BETA 8.7.6 AND MIUI9 9.5.19 (GLOBAL/CHINA) AND ABOVE. OR TRY TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM WITH LOWER FIRMWARE VERSIONS. IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE AND THERE IS NO FIX YET BUT TO GO TO SERVICE CENTRES. XIAOMI HAS ENABLED THE ANTI-ROLLBACK FEATURE OF OREO.

Warning: All data will be erased. Use at your own risk.

REQUIREMENTS:
Unlocked bootloader
Redmi Note 5 Official Global FASTBOOT ROM (Oreo) 9.5.13.0
MiFlash Tool 7.4.25
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

1. Download and install MiFlash Tool and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
MS .NET Framework is required to run MiFlash Tool.
Log out Mi Account and Google account. Disable any lockscreen.

2. Extract fastboot rom with winrar/winzip.
FGn1qlK.jpg

3. Right click on file and select Open with winrar/zip and extract folder.
XvyB2FD.jpg

gFzlRyp.jpg

4. Boot phone to fastboot (Power Off Phone and Hold Vol Down + Power).
yopBfM6.png

5. Connect phone to PC. Open MiFlash Tool and browse to folder where you extracted the fastboot rom.
Make sure to select "CLEAN ALL" on MiFlash Tool.
I repeat CLEAN ALL and flash Redmi Note 5 Official Global FASTBOOT ROM (Oreo) 9.5.13.0 with MiFlash Tool.
tbSzgJt.jpg

LNs1VE9.jpg

6. Wait to finish and phone will boot to Official Global Oreo 9.5.13.0 Rom. DONE.
2gttfnr.png
2zempv5.png
xf6b7k.png

UPDATES:
Try to change region to India/Bangladesh/Malaysia/Indonesia and check for updates. If there are none do it manually.
Create a folder named downloaded_rom on the internal storage. Copy zip recovery there and go to SYSTEM UPDATE > CHOOSE UPDATE PACKAGE > File Manager and Browse for file in the downloaded_rom folder.
Or install TWRP/REDWOLF RECOVERY and DIRTY FLASH. Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Vendor only.
Oreo Rom v9.5.6.0 OEIMIFA
Oreo Rom v9.5.11.0 OEIMIFA
Oreo Rom v9.5.13.0 OEIMIFA
Oreo Rom v9.5.14.0 OEIMIFA

MIFLASH TOOL TROUBLESHOOTING:
1. If you're unable to flash fastboot rom. Browse to fastboot rom folder and
open Flash_all.bat with notepad/notepad++, delete highlighted lines and save.
ur0cC2o.jpg

2. If with "Flash xbl error" then Disable Driver Signature Verification/Enforcement. Search for it.
3. If you accidentally selected Clean All and Lock and phone bootloops or
with the system has been destroyed error then boot to fastboot.
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER with MiFlash Unlock Tool and start again.
4. If phone restarts when selecting a different region after installation then reflash fastboot rom, not the recovery rom.
5. If you're not satisfied with the Global Rom then you can just flash back the China Oreo Rom 9.5.16.0 with MiFlash Tool.
.​

Last edited:

Ghoul159

Dec 5, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
You can flash but your camera will not work for sure, as rnp5 AI has different camera sensor.

This build is for Redmi Note 5 Pro/Redmi Note 5 Global. However, you can flash it on RN5 China too. It was leaked 8-9 days ago. OP might've missed this article on xda. Read this, https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-pro-android-oreo-stable/

Heck, I've been using this build for 7 days since the time it was leaked. It was ok, and the issues in 9.2.7 are still not addressed. Again saying this is for rn5 global/rn5 pro, not for rn5 china. Since rn5 global has same specs as rn5 china, chinese users can also flash this build.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I guess it can be flashed to Indian version provided we can flash camera libs from the indian variant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Dude, it was for RN5 Pro and RN5 Global. Jeez, OP should've checked in the link, it has HMNote5ProGlobal meaning rn5 pro is also included besided rn5 global. And also this was old build and many have already flashed this.

Reactions: jack_hunter97

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
This build is for Redmi Note 5 Pro/Redmi Note 5 Global. However, you can flash it on RN5 China too. It was leaked 8-9 days ago. OP might've missed this article on xda. Read this, https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-pro-android-oreo-stable/

Heck, I've been using this build for 7 days since the time it was leaked. It was ok, and the issues in 9.2.7 are still not addressed. Again saying this is for rn5 global/rn5 pro, not for rn5 china. Since rn5 global has same specs as rn5 china, chinese users can also flash this build.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Dude, it was for RN5 Pro and RN5 Global. Jeez, OP should've checked in the link, it has HMNote5ProGlobal meaning rn5 pro is also included besided rn5 global. And also this was old build and many have already flashed this.

Yea dude. The link you posted is where I got the rom from. Have you read the title of the thread dude? "LEAKED" . Who cares if you've been using it for an extra three days . I would have posted this earlier if my bootloader was unlocked earlier. Who really cares dude. And I dont just post threads if I havent tested it. It was posted to just worked on redmi note 5 pro (india variant) and no one has flashed it on their china rn5. I'm just here to help dude.
Can you post atleast the new build dude?

Ghoul159

Dec 5, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Yea dude. The link you posted is where I got the rom from. Have you read the title of the thread dude? "LEAKED" . Who cares if you've been using it for an extra three days . I would have posted this earlier if my bootloader was unlocked earlier. Who really cares dude. And I dont just post threads if I havent tested it. It was posted to just worked on redmi note 5 pro (india variant) and no one has flashed it on their china rn5. I'm just here to help dude.
Can you post atleast the new build dude?

Dude, I didn't quote you. And the my reply is not to you but to this answers, "You can flash but your camera will not work for sure, as rnp5 AI has different camera sensor." and this, "Can confirm this is the official global rom for redmi note 5 ai/china." and this, "I guess it can be flashed to Indian version provided we can flash camera libs from the indian variant. "

No offense whatsoever intended. I replied coz your title though nothing wrong in it, but is misleading people who want to flash this rom on rn5 pro. And misleading answers are what I addressed in the quote. There's no new build btw. Only global devs are new.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Edited the msg, I see you have rn5 china device. AFAIK, some RN5 AI users who flashed this update still face camera fcs like in global nougat. Seen in MIUI forums btw. Can you confirm that in this build, camera is working fine for rn5 ai users? I can confirm that there're no major issues for rn5 pro, and camera is working fine.

Last edited:

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
Dude, I didn't quote you. And the my reply is not to you but to this answers, "You can flash but your camera will not work for sure, as rnp5 AI has different camera sensor." and this, "Can confirm this is the official global rom for redmi note 5 ai/china." and this, "I guess it can be flashed to Indian version provided we can flash camera libs from the indian variant. "

No offense whatsoever intended. I replied coz your title though nothing wrong in it, but is misleading people who want to flash this rom on rn5 pro. And misleading answers are what I addressed in the quote. There's no new build btw. Only global devs are new.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Edited the msg, I see you have rn5 china device. AFAIK, some RN5 AI users who flashed this update still face camera fcs like in global nougat. Seen in MIUI forums btw. Can you confirm that in this build, camera is working fine for rn5 ai users? I can confirm that there're no major issues for rn5 pro, and camera is working fine.

Yeah dude im using RN5 China AI. Everything is working fine. No issues at all. Just got tired of the chinese customizations.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

xq0tZpH.png

WARNING: DON'T TRY TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU'RE ON MIUI10 BETA 8.7.6 AND MIUI9 9.5.19 (GLOBAL/CHINA) AND ABOVE. OR TRY TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM WITH LOWER FIRMWARE VERSIONS. IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE AND THERE IS NO FIX YET BUT TO GO TO SERVICE CENTRES. XIAOMI HAS ENABLED THE ANTI-ROLLBACK FEATURE OF OREO.

Warning: All data will be erased. Use at your own risk.

REQUIREMENTS:
    Unlocked bootloader
    Redmi Note 5 Official Global FASTBOOT ROM (Oreo) 9.5.13.0
    MiFlash Tool 7.4.25
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

1. Download and install MiFlash Tool and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
    MS .NET Framework is required to run MiFlash Tool.
    Log out Mi Account and Google account. Disable any lockscreen.

2. Extract fastboot rom with winrar/winzip.
    FGn1qlK.jpg

3. Right click on file and select Open with winrar/zip and extract folder.
    XvyB2FD.jpg

gFzlRyp.jpg

4. Boot phone to fastboot (Power Off Phone and Hold Vol Down + Power).
    yopBfM6.png

5. Connect phone to PC. Open MiFlash Tool and browse to folder where you extracted the fastboot rom.
    Make sure to select "CLEAN ALL" on MiFlash Tool.
    I repeat CLEAN ALL and flash Redmi Note 5 Official Global FASTBOOT ROM (Oreo) 9.5.13.0 with MiFlash Tool.
    tbSzgJt.jpg

LNs1VE9.jpg

6. Wait to finish and phone will boot to Official Global Oreo 9.5.13.0 Rom. DONE.
    2gttfnr.png
    2zempv5.png
    xf6b7k.png

UPDATES:
    Try to change region to India/Bangladesh/Malaysia/Indonesia and check for updates. If there are none do it manually.
    Create a folder named downloaded_rom on the internal storage. Copy zip recovery there and go to SYSTEM UPDATE > CHOOSE UPDATE PACKAGE > File Manager and Browse for file in the downloaded_rom folder.
    Or install TWRP/REDWOLF RECOVERY and DIRTY FLASH. Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Vendor only.
    Oreo Rom v9.5.6.0 OEIMIFA
    Oreo Rom v9.5.11.0 OEIMIFA
    Oreo Rom v9.5.13.0 OEIMIFA
    Oreo Rom v9.5.14.0 OEIMIFA

MIFLASH TOOL TROUBLESHOOTING:
    1. If you're unable to flash fastboot rom. Browse to fastboot rom folder and
    open Flash_all.bat with notepad/notepad++, delete highlighted lines and save.
    ur0cC2o.jpg

2. If with "Flash xbl error" then Disable Driver Signature Verification/Enforcement. Search for it.
    3. If you accidentally selected Clean All and Lock and phone bootloops or
    with the system has been destroyed error then boot to fastboot.
    UNLOCK BOOTLOADER with MiFlash Unlock Tool and start again.
    4. If phone restarts when selecting a different region after installation then reflash fastboot rom, not the recovery rom.
    5. If you're not satisfied with the Global Rom then you can just flash back the China Oreo Rom 9.5.16.0 with MiFlash Tool.
    .​
    Only 1% in 6hours standby.

Standby time overnight on the custom built rom based on this leaked system, it's still odexed but I'm rooted, Viper4android working, 4k recording and very debloated, Mii cloud removed.

Just fixing the flashable as things on Android 8.1 are quite different.

I had gotten myself in a few bootloops testing some mods like Dolby Atmos for example so that's why is taking so long, but patience is a virtue.

Stay thirsty my friends...
    Reports said that RMN5 Global will be coming here in the Philippines next week. I sold my rosegold RMN5 and I'll buy the black soon. Hope it's cheaper.

I just saw at honorbuy and is going to be cheaper slightly, but anyways I'm keeping my China version, it's the same hardware except for the b20 band which I don't need, roms will be interchangeables as the rest of the software is the same. BLACK is nicer! So go for it!

:good: ha! Well, good to know! That's all i'l say about this. And again, if it's not to much asking, can you tell me is boot.img which is modified with magisk still used during os boot time and particularity is it safe, after magisk deinstallation get into recovery and perform factory reset? Regarding recovery, is it safe to flash stock recovery in place of twrp after i have made debloating procedure with magisk and twrp? Again, thank you on your kindness and help!

With the respect of my buddy @devcon69 thread, I finished deodexing this leaked version and need a couple of brave users to help me debugging the boot sequence in case it doesn't load up completely. I had a blackout last night while uploading it but in a couple of hours I'll be at the office with fast lighting internet access to quick upload it and see if this Rom can be modded even more. Already removed safe volume warning message, added 4k video, and testing some other experimental mods. Anyone with the proper knowledge and willing to enter in a bootloop in case of needed please pm me,
    YOU MUST BE ON THIS ROM AND HAVE DONE BACKUP AND HAVE TWRP INSTALLED.
    How to unlock bootloader on bootloop position?? Please man :crying::crying:
    On the trobleshooting No.3 is my problem

how did your phone went into bootloop?
    if your phone's already unlocked then just boot to fastboot and unlock with miflash unlock tool.
    Installed this one yesterday and everything is running great. Had one Google fc but i consider it random. Will keep testing and posting here, im already rooted with magisk 16.4, safetynet passed and 4k recording mod applied. I might consider using this base for a rom....

No second thoughts plz. Always use Global rom as base as it contains all global languages. :)