• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM] WICKED™ v10 | AROMA | Rom Control | Full Customization | 5-10-13| UNDEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2xpolak

Apr 30, 2011
Re: [ROM] WICKED JB v6 [Aroma] 1-14-13 [Deviant Development]

Reboot and flash of new v6 still gives me same results. I'll report back of I find the issue

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

g2xpolak

Apr 30, 2011

System tuner. Been using it since ics v2

peterkef

Aug 25, 2007
New York
question

I'm running wicked from the beginning and I love it. so smooth.
I'm on V6 now and it is superb.

But 1 question. I see people with a battery life of 12 hours and more and screen time of 3 and more.
I'm so jealous :)!

I get hardly 7 hours with 2 hours screen time. I did a clean install (wiped everything, factory reset) and did odin (desktop) to stock before.
I undervolted also to 1350 and running stock kernel.

I know that I am a heavy user with constant exchange push mail, 2 other mail accounts, Facebook updates, current updates, Google now and more.
But I believe I can do better!
Any tips? Besides turning of data or sync. Maybe due to my setup the battery is normal but I just don't know.

It is not really a big thing because I use a spare battery but I would love to improve my battery life.

Thank you to show me the light!

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

But 1 question. I see people with a battery life of 12 hours and more and screen time of 3 and more.

I get hardly 7 hours with 2 hours screen time. I did a clean install (wiped everything, factory reset) and did odin (desktop) to stock before.

I know that I am a heavy user with constant exchange push mail, 2 other mail accounts, Facebook updates, current updates, Google now and more.
Any tips? Besides turning of data or sync. Maybe due to my setup the battery is normal but I just don't know.

It is not really a big thing because I use a spare battery but I would love to improve my battery life.

Constant syncing will drain your battery. You could try to set cpu profiles and see if that helps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

Can you please explain this a little more detailed?
I know syncing drains but do you think this is the only reason?

Thank you
Peter
Download GSam battery monitor to find out what is draining your battery. If nothing looks out of the ordinary, use a cpu control app such as rom toolbox to set cpu profiles. For example: max frequency when screen off = 1150

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

g2xpolak

Apr 30, 2011

In addition to my issue with both cores staying on with ondemand gov, is there a way to disable the touch booster?

When I press the screen the cpu ramps up to 810mhz.

Thanks for the help and the awesome Rom evil. Been a user since ics v1

Sep 2, 2012
Chicago

I was getting similar issues when I first flashed v6. What did you use when you used Odin? I used the root66. I also used Xquisit's superwipe, and cleared my internal and external sd.Oh, and I also reinstalled all my apps from the play store. A pain in the @$$, but I figured I'd cover any and all bases. Some of those steps I'd be willing to bet may not be nessessary, but hey, after doing all that my battery could power up the whole block. So I'd say it's worth a shot. If your interested in the superwipe pm me and I can point you in the right direction. Just don't wanna put links to other threads in evils hizouse.

Sent from my delightfully wicked T999

Last edited:

peterkef

Aug 25, 2007
New York
I was getting similar issues when I first flashed v6. What did you use when you used Odin? I used the root66. I also used Xquisit's superwipe, and cleared my internal and external sd.Oh, and I also reinstalled all my apps from the play store. A pain in the @$$, but I figured I'd cover any and all bases. Some of those steps I'd be willing to bet may not be nessessary, but hey, after doing all that my battery could power up the whole block. So I'd say it's worth a shot. If your interested in the superwipe pm me and I can point you in the right direction. Just don't wanna put links to other threads in evils hizouse.

Hi Psychotic.
Thank you for this.
I did the superwipe and used root66.
But used TB to restore my apps. Maybe it is that one? I'll try to do a fresh instal from the app store.
I report back.
Thanks again

Reactions: steely123

majic12

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
www.dupageweather.com

The more you synch the more you drain. ..

There are many things I turned off that helped my battery ...I would search and get ideas onwhat you can freeze without causing issues for your phone. ..all users require different things to be running depending on how you use your phone... for instance I can get away with deleting most google and Samsung apps and processes that were killing my battery. .. most people can't...

Look into managing your wakelocks and autostart...

Sent from my Wicked V6 infused T-999

Sep 2, 2012
Chicago

Hi Psychotic.
Thank you for this.
I did the superwipe and used root66.
But used TB to restore my apps. Maybe it is that one? I'll try to do a fresh instal from the app store.
I report back.
Thanks again
Np, I've been watching the thread and seen a few people report an array of issues after restoring from TB. Everyone was just talking about it the other day too. If you go back a couple days you can see what I'm talking about. Give you a lil insight into the Wicked tech support guru's opinions (my own personal nickname for the main guys GalaxyS3Guy, akapaul26, steely123, parmijo11, etc)

steely123

Aug 9, 2011
Austin, Texas

Np, I've been watching the thread and seen a few people report an array of issues after restoring from TB. Everyone was just talking about it the other day too. If you go back a couple days you can see what I'm talking about. Give you a lil insight into the Wicked tech support guru's opinions (my own personal nickname for the main guys GalaxyS3Guy, akapaul26, steely123, parmijo11, etc)

Agreed, TB (for me and select others) causes issues. Yes, agreed a pain to re download everything, but less of a pain and less time than tshooting issues.

Thanks for the props bro! Greatly appreciated!

sent from my F'n Wicked SGS3!

evil1art

Dec 7, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa

In addition to my issue with both cores staying on with ondemand gov, is there a way to disable the touch booster?

If you lower the touch response the rom would lag bad im going to download tuner and see whats up

Reactions: know50

evil1art

Dec 7, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa

The one cpu will drop off maybe not as much as a custom kernel but it doesuploadfromtaptalk1358878809573.jpg

Reactions: know50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone