[ROM][WIP][6.0.1] AOKP MM [04.04][UNOFFICIAL][klimtwifi][klimtlte]

Search This thread

schwabe93

aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

Source:
Kernel: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_kernel_samsung_klimtwifi
Device Tree: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_chagalllte

Credits:
@Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
@eousphoros (for his device git)
@nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
@Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)[/QUOTE]

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][WIP][6.0.1] AOKP MM [04.04][UNOFFICIAL][klimtwifi][klimtlte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
hiowa93
Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-03-04
Last Updated 2016-05-08

Chinaboy5216

Aug 27, 2008
Foshan, China
Installed today, used Benzo Gapps instead of OpenGapps though.

Installation and first reboot went flawless, freshly installed rom without anything installed yet runs smoothly.
Testing can start beginning with app installs

Thanks Hiowa

brycegreen

Dec 22, 2015
Orlando
So no need to flash SuperSU? It doesn't specify if ROM is pre-rooted but I assume it is.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

koimr

Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
So no need to flash SuperSU? It doesn't specify if ROM is pre-rooted but I assume it is.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
I can't remember if it's enabled by default but if not you can turn on the CM-equivalent of SuperSU (Privacy Guard) via Developer Tools. I would imagine though you could flash/install SuperSU if you prefer that instead (I've done that on other devices but haven't felt the need on this device and ROM). :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

Source:
    Kernel: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_kernel_samsung_klimtwifi
    Device Tree: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_chagalllte

Credits:
    @Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
    @eousphoros (for his device git)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)[/QUOTE]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][WIP][6.0.1] AOKP MM [04.04][UNOFFICIAL][klimtwifi][klimtlte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    hiowa93
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-03-04
    Last Updated 2016-05-08
    A Big Thank to @deadman96385 for getting Ril working on M , and all the others fixes for our Devices

New build up for klimtwifi and first build for klimtlte (ril is working).

From CM Thread of klimtlte:
    Changelog:
    Code:
    Added advanced display WIP (MDINE Control app built into settings) Scenarios do not work yet.
    Ril is functional
    Selinux is permissive
    Using my deathly kernel
    Misc overlay updates
    Audio updates (Hopefully it fixes the mic so you can make calls without using headphones my sim is deactivated so all i can test is if it hooks up to the network)
    Switched the ril source to be based on Slte (Galaxy Alpha) because it is a lot more updated compared to what we had.
    CPU tuning for the big little configuration we have
    Some log spam disabled
    Latest security updates

Current bugs:
    Google play movies does not work
    The camera does not work
    The fingerprint scanner is not fully working (So i disabled it in settings and elsewhere)
    Reserved

Unique features:
    Colortone Support in settings

Current bugs (Same as CM Version):
    Google play movies does not work
    The camera does not work
    The fingerprint scanner is not fully working (So i disabled it in settings and elsewhere
    I just tried as well (dirty flash) and got the same thing.

Also tried a clean flash but no luck, same black screen.

Going back to the previous build for now. :)

@hiowa93 i flashed the ROM but after the Samsung splash logo it gos black and stays black i left it for a half hour but the device didnt boot up

Thanks for reporting , i will make a new build with other Kernel source today , and send it to you guys for testing
    So quiet here, i hope the development didn't stop?
    Runs so smooth on the T700

Many thanks to @hiowa93 for another great ROM

Nothing has stopped here :)

New Builds are up, Changelog are also on my Site. Happy Flashing