[ROM][WIP] AdvancedStock for HTC 626s (MetroPCS/Cricket)

Search This thread

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Wiki with more information about this ROM: http://www.urgero.org/AdvancedStock626

CRICKET USERS:

• This ROM works for Cricket Variant phones now.
  • APN's for Cricket are not enabled in this ROM yet, so follow these instructions to setup the APN's for data & MMS.
  • Play Store might crash some times, or on first boot, clear the play stores and google service cache in settings
  • This ROM does not, and will not have Crickets carrier apks.
  • Take caution using this ROM, I do not have cricket, I have MetroPCS so I cannot test this ROM on Cricket devices.
  • This ROM for ALL cricket users will require the boot.img linked in the downloads below to get WiFi working properly until further notice.
  • Instructions for install are the same for MetroPCS AND Cricket users.
Enjoy!

****Version 5 now has some CM12 applications, please enjoy them, I also made slight changes to the libs folder, su.d folder, and added new libs to prep for the CM12 Hybrid rom

Download Links:

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP, YOU MUST RESTORE IT FROM TWRP RECOVERY!!!!
Debloated and Rooted System Image(TWRP)(Ver. 5):http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7zfvdf6efr74ni/AdvancedStock626_V5.zip****IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST CLEAR CACHE/DALVIK CACHE!!!!***

My Kernel backed up from TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/?z1697u7dtpfwow1(ONLY DOWNLOAD IF YOU HAVE WIFI ISSUES AND MADE A PROPER BACKUP BEFORE HAND!!!!!!!)
Also: you will need 7-zip to unpack this file: http://www.7-zip.org/

For those who have been asking for this: MetroPCS Device Unlock App (Took it off a display model for ya guys :D )(NOTE: Might need to be installed as a system app! Read the bottom of this post for more info!) (NOTE2: It might need some libs files to install properly, I am working on getting those too.)

****WARNINGS****

• If you upgraded your phone past 1.06.1550.7 this firmware will BREAK WiFi!!!!
  • You always run the risk of bricking a device when using non-oem firmware.
  • Although I have tested this extensively (And currently using it as my Daily Driver) expect bugs since some important HTC have been removed.
  • Your kernel version MUST be at 3.10.49-perf-g1363ba7 (Only kernel that has been reported to work properly on this device with THIS firmware so far.)

The RUU in case something goes wrong: http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_A32E_UL_L51_DESIRE_SENSE70_MetroPCS_US_1.23.1550.3.exe

How to Restore The New System Image:
If upgrading from a previous version, please be sure to Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache before rebooting to make sure new system apps, and tweaks are properly used.

1. Download the system image from the link above
  2. Extract the zip file to your external SD Card: (Example: Phone:\Ext_sd\TWRP\backups\)
  3. Reboot into download mode (Vol Down + Pwr)
  4. Select "Reboot into bootloader"
  5. Select "Reboot into Recovery"
  6. Make sure System Read only is not enabled in Mount settings.
  7. Select "Restore" -> Select the Folder you just put on your external SD Card
  8. Wait for a few minutes.
  9. After that is done, go back to the recovery home
  10. Then select "Wipe"
  11. Select "Data", "Cache", and "Dalvick Cache", and "Internal Storage" ONLY (
    IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST CLEAR CACHE/DALVIK CACHE!!!!)
  12. Slide to wipe.
  13. Then reboot.
  14. Follow android setup as normal
  15. Profit.
Some notes about this Custom Stock ROM:

• I could not remove everything because the device itself is using HTC's Framework so some apps had to stay
  • HTC Launcher is removed, giving up 100MB+ of space.
  • Some HTC Apps have been removed
  • New Launcher put in (CM Launcher)(NOT TREBUCHET FROM CM12)
  • Lots of google apps removed
  • HTC Keyboard stayed because it was the only keyboard I found that will be active natively out of the box on this ROM (Dont know why)
  • AdBlocker added
  • Rooted with SuperSU from Chainfire
  • about 3.6GB of free space BEFORE system does app updates, and about 2.7GB free AFTER the updates. so still pretty good amount of space left on the phone after.
  • Super smooth bootup time (About 30 sec or less for me.)
  • THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP, YOU MUST RESTORE IT FROM TWRP RECOVERY!!!!

Solving misc issues with the ROM:

• You can attempt to flash the boot.img I have linked above to resolve the wifi BUT MAKE A FRICKING BACKUP FIRST BEFORE YOU DO THAT!!!!
  • APN Fix (MMS/LTE/TETHER): https://www.mediafire.com/?5b9q589337n8gaq This file needs to be restored with APN Backup&Restore. To do this you need to convert APN Backup & Restore into a system app then restore the XML file you downloaded.
  • Installing the Device Unlock app: Copy the apk to /system/priv-app/DeviceUnlock. If that folder does not exist, feel free to make it and put the APK there.
Enjoy my work? Please donate to me please. Every dollar helps out a bunch. Thank you!

Last edited:

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Freakin sweet bro !!

I hope this may work with the T-Mobile 626s to right?.. Same chitt..

In theory it should, but to my understanding the TMO variant and the MetroPCS variant run different kernels, but if you have a working backup then trying can't hurt!
If you can give me the hardware specs and a copy of your system partition then I can see if they would be compatible.

Reactions: Andy Chi

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
I think I will need a couple testers, I am planning on releasing a beta system.img (For fastboot: fastboot flash system system.img)

Should be easy, this system.img will just overwrite your current system image. You will need to have an unlocked bootloader for fastboot flash to work properly and you will need to know any tweaks that have been made will be overwritten. I will work on getting a flashable zip ASAP.

itz me ry4n

Oct 3, 2015
my bootloader is unlocked and it would be s-off but when i purchased the key from sunshine the program wasn't working with the metropcs firmware even tho it said it was compatible. just let me know when u get the flash-able files.

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
I am almost done compiling a list of files that can be removed,then I will be removing the files from a base system.img file. After that I will be *hopefully* resizing the default partition table on the phone to give us the maximum amount of space possible for this device.

itz me ry4n

Oct 3, 2015
I am almost done compiling a list of files that can be removed,then I will be removing the files from a base system.img file. After that I will be *hopefully* resizing the default partition table on the phone to give us the maximum amount of space possible for this device.

thats good. my phone is already almost maxed out of space and most of my apps are on my sd card already. i have like 7.35gb used of the 8.00gb the phone has because of all the stock apps that keep getting updated.

20twins10

Nov 8, 2010
South Milwaukee, WI
all these people shouting "I'll test" are obnoxious.. I'm just saying.

its like a hot chick asking you if you wanna stick it in her butt.. uhhhh , all the time..

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

thats good. my phone is already almost maxed out of space and most of my apps are on my sd card already. i have like 7.35gb used of the 8.00gb the phone has because of all the stock apps that keep getting updated.

you can disable alot of the apps from updating

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
I'll try it. Couldn't be any less ****ty then the stock metropcs rom. This phone would have so much more potential on cm12....

I do not know enough coding to to get CM12 running on this phone, but I do known enough to make a custom stock ROM with some tweaks for battery, performance, and the like.

itz me ry4n

Oct 3, 2015
all these people shouting "I'll test" are obnoxious.. I'm just saying.

its like a hot chick asking you if you wanna stick it in her butt.. uhhhh , all the time..

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

you can disable alot of the apps from updating

How do u do that I only see uninstall updates

20twins10

Nov 8, 2010
South Milwaukee, WI

Attachments

• 1449208195188.jpg
    1449208195188.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 612

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Would you be able to bake xposed into your rom? To my knowledge nobody has had any success installing it

I am a little behind schedule because of work so the ROM release will be mid next week.

I can certainly attempt, but if someone with experience could not do it, chances are I will not be able to do it.

Plus Xposed is still very buggy for Lollipop ROMS (Ours is 5.1)

Reactions: talksickisil

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Fwiw, xposed ran totally fine on my old s2 on all of the lollipop roms (5.0 and 5.1) that I installed. Don't let potential bugs discourage you. Thanks for all of your efforts. Best of luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wiki with more information about this ROM: http://www.urgero.org/AdvancedStock626

CRICKET USERS:

• This ROM works for Cricket Variant phones now.
    • APN's for Cricket are not enabled in this ROM yet, so follow these instructions to setup the APN's for data & MMS.
    • Play Store might crash some times, or on first boot, clear the play stores and google service cache in settings
    • This ROM does not, and will not have Crickets carrier apks.
    • Take caution using this ROM, I do not have cricket, I have MetroPCS so I cannot test this ROM on Cricket devices.
    • This ROM for ALL cricket users will require the boot.img linked in the downloads below to get WiFi working properly until further notice.
    • Instructions for install are the same for MetroPCS AND Cricket users.
    Enjoy!

****Version 5 now has some CM12 applications, please enjoy them, I also made slight changes to the libs folder, su.d folder, and added new libs to prep for the CM12 Hybrid rom

Download Links:

Debloated and Rooted System Image(TWRP)(Ver. 5):http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7zfvdf6efr74ni/AdvancedStock626_V5.zip****IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST CLEAR CACHE/DALVIK CACHE!!!!***

My Kernel backed up from TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/?z1697u7dtpfwow1(ONLY DOWNLOAD IF YOU HAVE WIFI ISSUES AND MADE A PROPER BACKUP BEFORE HAND!!!!!!!)
    Also: you will need 7-zip to unpack this file: http://www.7-zip.org/

For those who have been asking for this: MetroPCS Device Unlock App (Took it off a display model for ya guys :D )(NOTE: Might need to be installed as a system app! Read the bottom of this post for more info!) (NOTE2: It might need some libs files to install properly, I am working on getting those too.)

****WARNINGS****

• If you upgraded your phone past 1.06.1550.7 this firmware will BREAK WiFi!!!!
    • You always run the risk of bricking a device when using non-oem firmware.
    • Although I have tested this extensively (And currently using it as my Daily Driver) expect bugs since some important HTC have been removed.
    • Your kernel version MUST be at 3.10.49-perf-g1363ba7 (Only kernel that has been reported to work properly on this device with THIS firmware so far.)

The RUU in case something goes wrong: http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_A32E_UL_L51_DESIRE_SENSE70_MetroPCS_US_1.23.1550.3.exe

How to Restore The New System Image:
    If upgrading from a previous version, please be sure to Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache before rebooting to make sure new system apps, and tweaks are properly used.

1. Download the system image from the link above
    2. Extract the zip file to your external SD Card: (Example: Phone:\Ext_sd\TWRP\backups\)
    3. Reboot into download mode (Vol Down + Pwr)
    4. Select "Reboot into bootloader"
    5. Select "Reboot into Recovery"
    6. Make sure System Read only is not enabled in Mount settings.
    7. Select "Restore" -> Select the Folder you just put on your external SD Card
    8. Wait for a few minutes.
    9. After that is done, go back to the recovery home
    10. Then select "Wipe"
    11. Select "Data", "Cache", and "Dalvick Cache", and "Internal Storage" ONLY (
      IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST CLEAR CACHE/DALVIK CACHE!!!!)
    12. Slide to wipe.
    13. Then reboot.
    14. Follow android setup as normal
    15. Profit.
    Some notes about this Custom Stock ROM:

• I could not remove everything because the device itself is using HTC's Framework so some apps had to stay
    • HTC Launcher is removed, giving up 100MB+ of space.
    • Some HTC Apps have been removed
    • New Launcher put in (CM Launcher)(NOT TREBUCHET FROM CM12)
    • Lots of google apps removed
    • HTC Keyboard stayed because it was the only keyboard I found that will be active natively out of the box on this ROM (Dont know why)
    • AdBlocker added
    • Rooted with SuperSU from Chainfire
    • about 3.6GB of free space BEFORE system does app updates, and about 2.7GB free AFTER the updates. so still pretty good amount of space left on the phone after.
    • Super smooth bootup time (About 30 sec or less for me.)
    • THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP, YOU MUST RESTORE IT FROM TWRP RECOVERY!!!!

Solving misc issues with the ROM:

• You can attempt to flash the boot.img I have linked above to resolve the wifi BUT MAKE A FRICKING BACKUP FIRST BEFORE YOU DO THAT!!!!
    • APN Fix (MMS/LTE/TETHER): https://www.mediafire.com/?5b9q589337n8gaq This file needs to be restored with APN Backup&Restore. To do this you need to convert APN Backup & Restore into a system app then restore the XML file you downloaded.
    • Installing the Device Unlock app: Copy the apk to /system/priv-app/DeviceUnlock. If that folder does not exist, feel free to make it and put the APK there.
    Enjoy my work? Please donate to me please. Every dollar helps out a bunch. Thank you!
    Modified ROM coming our way sometime tonight/early tomorrow morning, just waiting for the upload to finish
    If I can figure out how to build the wi-fi module I will compile custom kernels for all the carriers.

Ive been reading here and there but i can't find a specific thread on how to build the wlan.

I added some code to my init.qcom.wifi.sh to copy me some files and output more info to determine exactlly what chip I have.

Got this from dmsg

hdd_parse_config_ini: qcom_cfg.ini Size 9842
    <6>[ 22.591715] c0 4292 wlan: loading driver v3.8.22.14

<6>[ 22.886474] c0 4292 wlan: WCNSS WLAN version 1.5.1.2
    <6>[ 22.886524] c0 4292 wlan: WCNSS software version 25451-1
    <6>[ 22.886568] c0 4292 wlan: WCNSS hardware version WCN v2.0 RadioPhy vUnknown with 19.2MHz XO

I can compile the kernel and the phone boots fine.
    If i can make the wlan module It would be easy to do other carriers.
    Got xposed working so I will be making a new system image tonight and uploading it for the early morning.