[ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014]

Search This thread

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Hi there, please excuse my ignorance and my simple questions but if there's any way you can help with the below it would be very much appreciated...

I use my android phone to run my business, it's absolutely essential but I like to have it set up a certain way. Ideally stock rom with no bloatware etc and able to be updated over the air and not have to wipe and reinstall and restart with every update.. I was advised to get the Z1 compact and to put CM 11 on it, but when the Z3 was announced, I went for this, ignorantly assuming CM 11 would of course be on this too. I bought the Z3 compact over a month ago now and haven't used it at all as there's no sign of CM11. Bear in mind that due to my knowledge level, I usually hire an android expert to do any such installations for me. I need to have as little downtime with my phone as possible and like to do a smooth transition from one phone to the other and have everything on the new phone to be somewhat familiar. The idea would be to install something stable and reliable on my Z3c and never have to think about reinstalling another rom again, other than OTA updates.

So I'm just wondering... Is this what you are working on? :) I wish you all the best in your progress. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm of absolutely no use other than moral support :D If this is what you are working on, I'll be following the thread with great interest and patience :)

wingsfortheirsmiles

Mar 28, 2014
Rhydd-Inge
Not OP but this project is not CM but pure AOSP. Having done a quick Google nothing turns up for z3c development but it's still early days.

I would therefore suggest that it'll be a while 'til you'll be able to get the stable, seamless CM experience you want. Users want to get 5.0 on their device (in addition to a solution to rooting without unlocking the bootloader, but that's a separate thing) but we have to be patient and let devs progress as best they can!

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Not OP but this project is not CM but pure AOSP. Having done a quick Google nothing turns up for z3c development but it's still early days.

I would therefore suggest that it'll be a while 'til you'll be able to get the stable, seamless CM experience you want. Users want to get 5.0 on their device (in addition to a solution to rooting without unlocking the bootloader, but that's a separate thing) but we have to be patient and let devs progress as best they can!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Oh I can definitely be patient :) I'm actually just not sure if this is the project I should be following? Will this project, once complete, fulfil my needs? I don't know the difference between CM or AOSP, but as long as I can get that stock android, bloat free, ota updateable, stable rom I'd be very happy and more than happy to donate a bit to the project too. I'm just not sure if this is the right project for what I'm after though?

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Oh I can definitely be patient :) I'm actually just not sure if this is the project I should be following? Will this project, once complete, fulfil my needs? I don't know the difference between CM or AOSP, but as long as I can get that stock android, bloat free, ota updateable, stable rom I'd be very happy and more than happy to donate a bit to the project too. I'm just not sure if this is the right project for what I'm after though?

Use google to find out my friend.

Cm is a modified aosp experience.

Aosp (hence this rom) will be enough for any noob

tomcat84

May 20, 2010
But I don't think that this project will ever be OTA updateable.

Not that it's a bad thing...

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Use google to find out my friend.

Cm is a modified aosp experience.

Aosp (hence this rom) will be enough for any noob

Aha, after a quick google I see AOSP is the release from Google itself as the Android Open Source Project. I'd be more than happy with that. I'm not sure what CM would bring to it, but I'd consider myself a basic, but heavy user. Main usage is with phone, texts, camera, browser and calendar. I don't play games or do anything too complicated so I guess AOSP is more than adequate.

But I don't think that this project will ever be OTA updateable.

Not that it's a bad thing...
That could be a deal killer for me :( I don't mind having to update by downloading, connecting phone to computer and then updating, but by OTA it updates without wiping all data and restarting, it takes me about 2 days to set my phone up with all the settings etc I like and to think I'd have to do this every time a bug fix is rolled out if OTA isn't available scares me away :crying: I can't have downtime with my phone so wouldn't like to be updating every few days this way... although I'm not sure how it works with this? I haven't a clue actually :D

wingsfortheirsmiles

Mar 28, 2014
Rhydd-Inge
[...]

That could be a deal killer for me :( I don't mind having to update by downloading, connecting phone to computer and then updating, but by OTA it updates without wiping all data and restarting, it takes me about 2 days to set my phone up with all the settings etc I like and to think I'd have to do this every time a bug fix is rolled out if OTA isn't available scares me away :crying: I can't have downtime with my phone so wouldn't like to be updating every few days this way... although I'm not sure how it works with this? I haven't a clue actually :D

Well 5.0 has an improved setup process vs earlier versions so it could be that it doesn't take as long as two days for you to config lollipop. Also depending on the changes between iterations you might be able to get away with dirty flashing instead of doing a full wipe first.

If you do truly need OTA functionality then it's best to wait for CM, though there doesn't seem to be anything about yet (though I've seen that users are playing around with getting it on the Z3C).

Last edited:

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Well 5.0 has an improved setup process vs earlier versions so it could be that it doesn't take as long as two days for you to config lollipop. Also depending on the changes between iterations you might be able to get away with dirty flashing instead of doing a full wipe first.

If you do truly need OTA functionality then it's best to wait for CM, though there doesn't seem to be anything about yet (though I've seen that users are playing around with getting it on the Z3C).

Thank you :) It's more the in app settings that take me so long to set up and customise the way I like, but most of all, I just don't want to have to go through a reinstall/wipe process that will mean downtime for my phone. I run a 24/7 business and it's essential to have my phone on all the time unfortunately :(

To be honest, OTA isn't essential, just as long as I have a stable ROM that does everything I need it to do. It's not even essential for me to use 5.0 as opposed to 4.4. I'd like it somewhat up to date and I'd be happy to do an OTA update every few months instead of every few days for a nice refresh, but again, not essential. I've been using the same rom on my current phone for over a year now happily. I had a look at the CM website and there doesn't seem to be anything on Z3 so I wouldn't trust anything coming soon.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Ok, but is there anyone around here who can also compile aosp?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

I can. I just complied what was there the first day. I didn't make any changes or anything but I got it to compile fine. BUT my bootloader is still locked so I can't test anything.. lol I really don't want to unlock it until we can get at least temp root so I can back up the TA partition

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I present to you Android 5.0 AOSP for Xperia Z3 Compact. This is for the people that can't wait to see how lollipop looks like on Z3 Compact.

== Project status ==
    Working:
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - NFC??
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling (outgoing without mic maybe, you tell me)
    - Sound
    - Sensors
    - Auto-Brightness
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch
    - SELinux
    - everything that's not in the "not working list"

Not working:
    - Camera
    - Mobile Data?
    - Mic on calling??
    - Youtube Video Playback
    - GPS

== Updates ==
    I'm working on fixing bugs and making this rom a daily driver. This might take some time though.

== Download ==
    Download all files from the correct device folder, userdata and cache can be found in the common-files directory, system and kernel are in the version directories :)
    - Rom: Xperia Z3c AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0
    - Gapps can be found in the main directory ;)

== Already on this rom?? ==
    No need to wipe data unless I tell it in the thread :)
    - Just flash system.img and boot.img using fastboot.
    - Don't forget to flash gapps by hotbooting a kernel with recovey ;)

== Installation instructions: ==
    - Wipe userdata in recovery
    - flash all 3 partitions using fastboot
    Don't do this when you don't know what you are doing!!

You can flash gapps with any kernel with recovery. Just flash back the AOSP kernel to boot into device afterwards :)

== Changelog ==
    Code:
    [QUOTE][B]== Beta v2 ==[/B]
    - Sensors are fixed
    - first Z1 compact, Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact release
    - Latest 3.5.2.2 kernel
    - Mic is working while calling????
    - Auto-brightness fixed
    - Rotation is working[/QUOTE]

[B]== Beta v1.1 ==[/B]
    - Wifi is a lot more stable
    - Updated kernel
    - charging-LED is working now
    - Rom is more stable and supersmooth

[B]== Beta v1.0 ==[/B]
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling
    - Sound
    - Brightness Slider (autobrightness doesn't work yet, turn it off to make slider working)
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch

== Screenshots ==
    In the screenshot part of devdb project are more screenshots ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    krabappel2548
    Source Code: https://github.com/xperia-aosp-project?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-16

Created 2014-11-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-16
    Rom is fully uploaded, enjoy it guys!!! :)

Please let me know if my working list is ok, thx!! :)
    Fixed some Z1 issues, now I'll try making a new Z3 family build :)

I'm redoing commits etc. Check Z3 thread for details. New builds will come soon :)

Battery life isn't superb, but could be because of the bugs which are draining battery since some functions don't work correctly yet.

Anyway an update with modem fixed will come tonight :)