[ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014]

Search This thread

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Don't get it. When I look into the Z3C Directory on Megaupload it's empty?

There should be some folders with release number.

Anyway I got mobile data running on Z1, ZU. I'm working on fixing Z1c release as well as on Z2 release with another dev. As soon as those are ready Z3 and Z3c will get a new version with hopefully working modem and mobile data etc :)

Sent from my Xperia Z1 (AOSP) using XDA Free mobile app

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Working on an unsecured boot image and TWRP recovery image.... :D

Mind if I ask how deep into this TWRP recovery build you are? I was just about to start doing research and downloading all the sources when I read this, wouldn't like wasting all that bandwidth and time for nothing.

Also, how hard is it to implement a recovery into a kernel here? From past Xperia experience, it should be somewhere in the ramdisk, right? Would copying Doomlord's recovery into the ramdisk of this boot.img work? (And with that, does the boot.img come with the stock ramdisk? If so, we could just use Doom's ramdisk for the time being to not have to switch kernels for every flash.)

Man oh man the thrills of WIP threads.

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Mind if I ask how deep into this TWRP recovery build you are? I was just about to start doing research and downloading all the sources when I read this, wouldn't like wasting all that bandwidth and time for nothing.

Also, how hard is it to implement a recovery into a kernel here? From past Xperia experience, it should be somewhere in the ramdisk, right? Would copying Doomlord's recovery into the ramdisk of this boot.img work? (And with that, does the boot.img come with the stock ramdisk? If so, we could just use Doom's ramdisk for the time being to not have to switch kernels for every flash.)

If you guys wan't twrp recovery and don't get it compiled I can help if I find some time between my aosp work :p

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Nah, you work on that. Can't have you do everything :p
I'd appreciate an answer or an explanation regarding my question though. I'm downloading your images and have yet to unlock my bootloader, so I can't test this recovery ramdisk thing by myself to find out.

EDIT: I saw on the Z1 thread changelog you've added CWM for the Z3 and Z3C in version 2.5. (WOO)
And about that recovery thing; swapping your ramdisk with Doom's should work, right? I have something but for some reason I can't unlock my bootloader to try it out :T

Last edited:

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
Ok, pm me for hangouts if you wanna work together :)

Sent you a PM with project status update and hangouts id.....

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Hi!

I haven't started looking at the recovery image, have been concentrating on an insecure boot image.... (going very well, testing underway!)

Doomlord/Androplus kernel is based on stock, so won't be compatible.... (as far as I know....)

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Doomlord/Androplus kernel is based on stock, so won't be compatible.... (as far as I know....)

The kernel, yes. But I'm wondering about the ramdisk. If the ramdisk used in this Lollipop ROM is the same as stock, we could instead just use Doom's ramdisk until somebody makes TWRP.
A recovery really makes any ROM easier to use, imo at least. No hotswapping kernels to get gapps and root up :T

EDIT: Hooray, bootloader unlocked! Flashing this right after unlocking results in a bootloop.
I just fastboot flashed the cache, system and boot, but it refuses to boot up...
Ehh, time to download that 1.2GB stock FTF I guess. This thing is gonna come in handy in the following months I see xD

Last edited:

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
The kernel, yes. But I'm wondering about the ramdisk. If the ramdisk used in this Lollipop ROM is the same as stock, we could instead just use Doom's ramdisk until somebody makes TWRP.
A recovery really makes any ROM easier to use, imo at least. No hotswapping kernels to get gapps and root up :T

EDIT: Hooray, bootloader unlocked! Flashing this right after unlocking results in a bootloop.
I just fastboot flashed the cache, system and boot, but it refuses to boot up...
Ehh, time to download that 1.2GB stock FTF I guess. This thing is gonna come in handy in the following months I see xD

What happens when you boot? Do you get the "Android" logo on the screen, then nothing happens? If so, give it ten minutes - when flashed my compiled AOSP boot and system images, it stuck on the "Android" screen for a long time, then went to "Android is upgrading".....
Question: any reason you are flashing cache?

I can upload my boot.img and system.image if you like, they work fine for me....

EDIT: I will look into the ramdisk compatibility...

:D

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
What happens when you boot? Do you get the "Android" logo on the screen, then nothing happens? If so, give it ten minutes - when flashed my compiled AOSP boot and system images, it stuck on the "Android" screen for a long time, then went to "Android is upgrading".....
Question: any reason you are flashing cache?

I can upload my boot.img and system.image if you like, they work fine for me....

Thought cache was something of importance, wouldn't flash it in my dreams if I knew it was empty xD

I'm getting the kernel logo (white Sony on black background) and reboots, but I can't pull a single log from the phone to see what the problem could be. :T
The image sizes check out but I can't check if the md5s match.

And thanks for looking into that ramdisk thing. I've already done something but I ran out of time to test and even see if they're the same.

EDIT: To note though, I didn't reboot after unlocking the bootloader, I just flashed the images. Could that be the cause (I thought fastboot oem unlock only formats userdata...?)?

EDIT2: Apparently something was wrong with the kernel... I redownloaded it, and despite the size staying the same (to the byte), it now booted to the start of the boot animation (that android text). Waiting for the colorful circles to start jumping around now :D

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Yeah, downloading that stock FTF I mentioned earlier. Annoying, but it'll work as a backup.
Have been waiting for this thing to boot for the past 5 minutes.
I feel like I'm back in 2011 again, getting my first Android toy and figuring out how to pretty much do anything xD

EDIT: WiFi and cellular connection refuse to work, but it seems smooth and didn't drain too much battery on my end.
You say there's battery drain, I say WiFi doesn't work. :T

Last edited:

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
We have all hardware running on the Z (C6603) - if mobile data does not work, you are probably missing support for uid-based routing.

This should do it:
https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga/k...mmit/768ec05fd4b48ffe02c2657e3d00b27a7184e199
https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga/k...mmit/77c0a69a00ea86ef9b1121bc8de441d56cd321d0

Yeah, I already committed them ;) but thx anyway. I just have a busy life so can't work too much on this. Anyway I'm working with @nelvinchi now so he can build too and builds will come faster ;)

Burakki

Oct 26, 2014
Hi, I would try Android 5.0 on my z3 compact, but I did not understand what works in this rom and if it is usable on a daily basis.

Nov 11, 2014
So has this thread stranded? Hasn't been a new build since it was posted... I really wanted AOSP on my Z3c, because Sony's software was one of the biggest downsides while considering buying it :(

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
You should consider looking at the developers' GitHub accounts to see their activity rather than expect them to update the thread every time something is made.
Obviously, the developer (or a team, perhaps, as other Xperia Z series Lollipop threads state) does not deem the progress made sufficient to post a new build.

And take that GitHub thing with a grain of salt -- perhaps the work is being done locally and not pushed (yet?).

Nov 11, 2014
You should consider looking at the developers' GitHub accounts to see their activity rather than expect them to update the thread every time something is made.
Obviously, the developer (or a team, perhaps, as other Xperia Z series Lollipop threads state) does not deem the progress made sufficient to post a new build.

And take that GitHub thing with a grain of salt -- perhaps the work is being done locally and not pushed (yet?).

Right, sorry about that... I'm kind of new so hadn't thought of that. I'm just really looking forward to using AOSP haha, it's kind of hard after having a Nexus 5 for a year.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I present to you Android 5.0 AOSP for Xperia Z3 Compact. This is for the people that can't wait to see how lollipop looks like on Z3 Compact.

== Project status ==
    Working:
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - NFC??
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling (outgoing without mic maybe, you tell me)
    - Sound
    - Sensors
    - Auto-Brightness
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch
    - SELinux
    - everything that's not in the "not working list"

Not working:
    - Camera
    - Mobile Data?
    - Mic on calling??
    - Youtube Video Playback
    - GPS

== Updates ==
    I'm working on fixing bugs and making this rom a daily driver. This might take some time though.

== Download ==
    Download all files from the correct device folder, userdata and cache can be found in the common-files directory, system and kernel are in the version directories :)
    - Rom: Xperia Z3c AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0
    - Gapps can be found in the main directory ;)

== Already on this rom?? ==
    No need to wipe data unless I tell it in the thread :)
    - Just flash system.img and boot.img using fastboot.
    - Don't forget to flash gapps by hotbooting a kernel with recovey ;)

== Installation instructions: ==
    - Wipe userdata in recovery
    - flash all 3 partitions using fastboot
    Don't do this when you don't know what you are doing!!

You can flash gapps with any kernel with recovery. Just flash back the AOSP kernel to boot into device afterwards :)

== Changelog ==
    Code:
    [QUOTE][B]== Beta v2 ==[/B]
    - Sensors are fixed
    - first Z1 compact, Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact release
    - Latest 3.5.2.2 kernel
    - Mic is working while calling????
    - Auto-brightness fixed
    - Rotation is working[/QUOTE]

[B]== Beta v1.1 ==[/B]
    - Wifi is a lot more stable
    - Updated kernel
    - charging-LED is working now
    - Rom is more stable and supersmooth

[B]== Beta v1.0 ==[/B]
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling
    - Sound
    - Brightness Slider (autobrightness doesn't work yet, turn it off to make slider working)
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch

== Screenshots ==
    In the screenshot part of devdb project are more screenshots ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    krabappel2548
    Source Code: https://github.com/xperia-aosp-project?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-16

Created 2014-11-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-16
    Rom is fully uploaded, enjoy it guys!!! :)

Please let me know if my working list is ok, thx!! :)
    Fixed some Z1 issues, now I'll try making a new Z3 family build :)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
    I'm redoing commits etc. Check Z3 thread for details. New builds will come soon :)

Battery life isn't superb, but could be because of the bugs which are draining battery since some functions don't work correctly yet.

Anyway an update with modem fixed will come tonight :)