[ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014]

Search This thread

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
All work is done behind the scenes in cooperation with another dev at the moment ;)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

It's nice to know it's being worked on officially! What I really wish for, though, is a good CM11 build for the Z3C. Can't switch to LP until xposed works with ART.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
It's nice to know it's being worked on officially! What I really wish for, though, is a good CM11 build for the Z3C. Can't switch to LP until xposed works with ART.

Well again, it's the holiday season. I know a lot of people (myself included) who would love to get their hands on some code and try making builds of pretty much anything that comes across their mind if they found the time.

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
Well again, it's the holiday season. I know a lot of people (myself included) who would love to get their hands on some code and try making builds of pretty much anything that comes across their mind if they found the time.

Yeah I totally understand, and I don't expect anything for several weeks. I'm just afraid that even when everyone has the time, no one will focus on Kitkat, only on Lollipop.

Maybe xposed will have ART compatibility by then and it won't matter...

Robin>Hood

Sep 10, 2013

There are some devs working on a CM11 rom for the Z3. Still in early stages, but you can count on it that once that is finished it will be available for the Z3C within no time :)

gibihr

Mar 27, 2011
Rijeka HR
Not to disappoint you guys, but the project about cm11 on z3 has been given up, from what I understood in the experimental cm11 z3 thread

Apr 20, 2007
Im thinking of selling my z3c and getting a Nexus device. All these restritction with bootloader and long development for asop has taken its toll. I hope Sony help out the developmental community soon.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Im thinking of selling my z3c and getting a Nexus device. All these restritction with bootloader and long development for asop has taken its toll. I hope Sony help out the developmental community soon.

adwienc

Nov 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Me too. I'll wait for Lollipop, and if it disappoints I'll ditch Z3C, on software side it's really terrible.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
FFS guys. This is a great phone, even without the damn DRM keys. Take it or leave it, shove it up your butt if you so desire, but keep your complaints and life plans in another thread or (preferably) yourself.
There are people working hard to get ROMs working -- if you want to see anything working, wait up.

ovizii

Feb 9, 2011
Lol, I didn't say anything about any drm keys, I don't care about those, just eagerly waiting for an alternative ROM, any at all will do :)

miximasm

Dec 29, 2014
Can anybody pack latest version for z3c into zip, sutable for flashing it with recovery? Is it somehow possible now?

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Can anybody pack latest version for z3c into zip, sutable for flashing it with recovery? Is it somehow possible now?

The FreeXperia project has builds available at http://depositfiles.com/folders/UV7VKQFY2 (look for the one with aries in the name).

EDIT: Sorry, mistook your question somehow. No, the AOSP builds arent being packaged into flashable ZIPs at the moment.

Made a mirror of that thing. The December 29th build is on my Drive, if you're feeling adventurous (link in my signature).
Also smaller size and faster downloads.

miximasm

Dec 29, 2014
Made a mirror of that thing. The December 29th build is on my Drive, if you're feeling adventurous (link in my signature).
Zis is not .zip, and not even close to be flashable through recovery.

Maybe someone knows how to flash those .img files using only phone, without BB?

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Zis is not .zip, and not even close to be flashable through recovery.

Maybe someone knows how to flash those .img files using only phone, without BB?

I know, just wanted to alert you if you wanted to download to prevent you from waiting 2 hours to download.
If by BB you mean BusyBox, I don't see why you wouldn't have that installed. But anyways, I don't think that's possible with an app. It probably is using a terminal emulator, but I cannot find anything about flashing a system.img onto Android through Android on the Internet.

miximasm

Dec 29, 2014

I know, just wanted to alert you if you wanted to download to prevent you from waiting 2 hours to download.
If by BB you mean BusyBox, I don't see why you wouldn't have that installed. But anyways, I don't think that's possible with an app. It probably is using a terminal emulator, but I cannot find anything about flashing a system.img onto Android through Android on the Internet.

BB stands for "Big Brother" many people call PC in that way

I also didn't mentioned anything about using android OS for flashing. There might be a way to create flashable zips right on the device. I've found out, that flashable kernel zip is actualy boot.img file with Meta-inf folder... thought that creating a flashable zip for this rom is not the greatest problem to solve, if at least one person here knows, what should be in the Meta-inf folder.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
BB stands for "Big Brother" many people call PC in that way

I also didn't mentioned anything about using android OS for flashing. There might be a way to create flashable zips right on the device. I've found out, that flashable kernel zip is actualy boot.img file with Meta-inf folder... thought that creating a flashable zip for this rom is not the greatest problem to solve, if at least one person here knows, what should be in the Meta-inf folder.

Lol never heard of that.
Your question was how one could flash .img files with only a phone. You did mention flashing without using a PC (you didn't say from where you'd like it to be done though), which I said could probably be done via a terminal emulator application from inside Android. So that's one solution that does not require a recovery (which, again, you didn't say you wanted to use).
Making these images into recovery-flashable .zip formats is quite frankly impossible. You can add the boot.img to a zip, but there's no way to convert a system.img into recovery-flashable form -- ROMs that use zips (eg CM, PA etc.) have some special scripts that compile the source into a zip. AOSP as Google delivers it only allows for creating .img files.

miximasm

Dec 29, 2014
Lol never heard of that.
Your question was how one could flash .img files with only a phone. You did mention flashing without using a PC (you didn't say from where you'd like it to be done though), which I said could probably be done via a terminal emulator application from inside Android. So that's one solution that does not require a recovery (which, again, you didn't say you wanted to use).
Making these images into recovery-flashable .zip formats is quite frankly impossible. You can add the boot.img to a zip, but there's no way to convert a system.img into recovery-flashable form -- ROMs that use zips (eg CM, PA etc.) have some special scripts that compile the source into a zip. AOSP as Google delivers it only allows for creating .img files.
That explained a lot... I'll probably continue searching on that. Maybe I will find anythyng, and maybe I won't

z3c_user

Dec 31, 2014

I downloaded the thing and "fastboot flash"ed it onto my device. It gives me a working Android but doesn't recognize my SIM card at all; initially it tried to activate the mobile network during the first power-on but went into some kind of endless loop so I pressed "skip" which landed me in a working Android environment but without SIM (went to settings and tried to "select provider" there but no luck - endless "searching" animation).

Also I was able to run the Clockwork Rescue before installing this (by pressing the volume-up button during boot); this doesn't work any more now (don't know if it would have been supposed to).

Bye
Frederik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I present to you Android 5.0 AOSP for Xperia Z3 Compact. This is for the people that can't wait to see how lollipop looks like on Z3 Compact.

== Project status ==
    Working:
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - NFC??
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling (outgoing without mic maybe, you tell me)
    - Sound
    - Sensors
    - Auto-Brightness
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch
    - SELinux
    - everything that's not in the "not working list"

Not working:
    - Camera
    - Mobile Data?
    - Mic on calling??
    - Youtube Video Playback
    - GPS

== Updates ==
    I'm working on fixing bugs and making this rom a daily driver. This might take some time though.

== Download ==
    Download all files from the correct device folder, userdata and cache can be found in the common-files directory, system and kernel are in the version directories :)
    - Rom: Xperia Z3c AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0
    - Gapps can be found in the main directory ;)

== Already on this rom?? ==
    No need to wipe data unless I tell it in the thread :)
    - Just flash system.img and boot.img using fastboot.
    - Don't forget to flash gapps by hotbooting a kernel with recovey ;)

== Installation instructions: ==
    - Wipe userdata in recovery
    - flash all 3 partitions using fastboot
    Don't do this when you don't know what you are doing!!

You can flash gapps with any kernel with recovery. Just flash back the AOSP kernel to boot into device afterwards :)

== Changelog ==
    Code:
    [QUOTE][B]== Beta v2 ==[/B]
    - Sensors are fixed
    - first Z1 compact, Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact release
    - Latest 3.5.2.2 kernel
    - Mic is working while calling????
    - Auto-brightness fixed
    - Rotation is working[/QUOTE]

[B]== Beta v1.1 ==[/B]
    - Wifi is a lot more stable
    - Updated kernel
    - charging-LED is working now
    - Rom is more stable and supersmooth

[B]== Beta v1.0 ==[/B]
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling
    - Sound
    - Brightness Slider (autobrightness doesn't work yet, turn it off to make slider working)
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch

== Screenshots ==
    In the screenshot part of devdb project are more screenshots ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | Lollipop for Xperia Z3c [16-11-2014], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    krabappel2548
    Source Code: https://github.com/xperia-aosp-project?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-16

Created 2014-11-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-16
    Rom is fully uploaded, enjoy it guys!!! :)

Please let me know if my working list is ok, thx!! :)
    Fixed some Z1 issues, now I'll try making a new Z3 family build :)

I'm redoing commits etc. Check Z3 thread for details. New builds will come soon :)

Battery life isn't superb, but could be because of the bugs which are draining battery since some functions don't work correctly yet.

Anyway an update with modem fixed will come tonight :)