• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | OTA 1 | Lollipop for Xperia Z2 [22-11-2014]

Search This thread

6yJlbg03ep

Dec 16, 2014
Kiev
Did you wipe data before flash?
If not try flashing another kernel with recovery then wipe data and start again.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi there.
I have this problem too.
I was at stock ROM 23.0.1.A.0.167
And i was trying to flashing another kernel with recovery via fastboot
Then, i was flashing system.img and then boot.img from beta-v3.0.zip.
But i still have a bootloop.
Help me please.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Well, guys, big step forward:

I was able to make Sony's unified kernel work with all features on Lollipop 5.0 AOSP, thanks to some recent commits related to WiFi. Except, of course, for the camera, for the time being.

Now I will resume work on AOSP itself; krabappel2548 is very busy at the moment but I'm on vacation starting this Friday so until Xmas I will have a few days of spare time to get my hands dirty in dat Android again.

And if not, well, happy holidays ;)

bungleburch

Jan 12, 2015
Any more updates on the AOSP build yet? I really want to start using Lolipop on sirius but waiting for a more daily driver stable version. I noticed you got the Camera working on your PA build any quick fixes for this build just to get the camera working? Cause once that is ready I think I'll be switching over.

Really appreciate the work your doing mates.

B

mnashfaq

Jul 9, 2013
Kandy
I'm in a little bit of confusion here, I'm coming from stock 4.4.4 rooted with DoomLord's Advanced Stock kernel for .167. I flashed userdata, system and boot images via fastboot, the device boots fine but its v2.0. So I downloaded the "OTA 1" via the link given in the first page, then I flashed DoomLord's "AdvStockKernel for .167", and then I tried flashing OTA 1 in recovery but I get a permission error. :/
So what am I supposed to do now?

Alhaddad

Feb 2, 2007
Manama
I'm in a little bit of confusion here, I'm coming from stock 4.4.4 rooted with DoomLord's Advanced Stock kernel for .167. I flashed userdata, system and boot images via fastboot, the device boots fine but its v2.0. So I downloaded the "OTA 1" via the link given in the first page, then I flashed DoomLord's "AdvStockKernel for .167", and then I tried flashing OTA 1 in recovery but I get a permission error. :/
So what am I supposed to do now?
Why would you flash advanced stock kernel after this rom?! This kernel is for stock roms only

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Guys, just as a heads-up, our builds here are pretty outdated now that FXP is progressing with AOSP.

You are welcome to try them and to report back, but just so you know that for the time being there are maybe better alternatives. But as you like :)

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
Guys, just as a heads-up, our builds here are pretty outdated now that FXP is progressing with AOSP.
You are welcome to try them and to report back, but just so you know that for the time being there are maybe better alternatives. But as you like :)

The whole point of your (& krabappel2548's) efforts was to have a pure AOSP build; FreeXperia is based on & contributes to CM, which is far from pure AOSP.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Adwin, I'm not saying we've stopped developing; it's just that I haven't seen krab in a while and I was busy otherwise, but there are also FXP AOSP builds.

I would love to continue working on this.. maybe I'll try making a build in the next days, if time allows.

Reactions: bluheart

waynekirby

Nov 11, 2010
Barnsley
Adwin, I'm not saying we've stopped developing; it's just that I haven't seen krab in a while and I was busy otherwise, but there are also FXP AOSP builds.

I would love to continue working on this.. maybe I'll try making a build in the next days, if time allows.
No rush buddy, take your time. Would be great to get a build of this now that a lot of the 5.0 bugs for our device have been squashed. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BiakxEt.png

Hello everyone,

We present to you Android 5.0 AOSP for Xperia Z2. This is for the people that can't wait to see how lollipop looks like on Z2.

== Project status ==
    Working:
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LED
    - Texting (with OTA 1)
    - Calling (with OTA 1)
    - Sound
    - Sensors
    - Auto-Brightness
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch
    - SELinux
    - Mobile Data (with OTA 1)

- everything that's not in the "not working list"

Not working:
    - Camera
    - Mic on calling??
    - Youtube Video Playback
    - GPS

== Updates ==

OTA 1

The OTA 1 is a flashable ZIP. It contains a new kernel that now has a recovery, however, in order to flash it on the base ROM without the first OTA, you will need to flash a kernel (any kernel for Z2) with a recovery, then flash the OTA (maybe via ADB sideload).

After the OTA has been flashed you will have a kernel for this ROM with recovery, so you will not need to repeat this procedure again in the same way (but for the next OTA simply boot into the now existing recovery).

OTA 1 will give you complete sound (with headphone jack detection and proper audio routing; sound in calls might work only via headset) and mobile data.

THE OTA IS NOT A FULL ROM! YOU FIRST NEED TO FASTBOOT
    FLASH THE IMAGES FROM THE MAIN DOWNLOAD. IF YOU FLASH ONLY THIS,
    IT WILL NOT BOOT!

- You have to be on the main ROM first; if you are, go to the next step, if not, see the main instructions first
    - Download the ZIP (see Download section)
    - Flash any kernel for Xperia Z2 with recovery
    - Boot into the recovery
    - Flash the OTA 1 signed zip
    - Wait until it's done (it might take a moment)
    - The update will tell you when you can reboot
    - Reboot
    - Test&Report!

Thank you for choosing krabappel2548 + cheep5k8!

== Download ==
    Download all files from the correct device folder, can be found in the common-files directory, system and kernel are in the version directories :)
    - ROM: Xperia Z2 AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0
    - Gapps can be found in the main directory ;)
    - OTA 1: Xperia Z2 AOSP 5.0 Beta OTA 1

- OPTIONAL: Sony's Unified Kernel built for Z2 (UNOFFICIAL) (includes patches for voice calling, video playback, etc.; basically, everything works except for camera)

== Already on this rom?? ==
    No need to wipe data unless I tell it in the thread :)
    - Just flash system.img and boot.img using fastboot.
    - Don't forget to flash gapps by hotbooting a kernel with recovey ;)

== Installation instructions: ==
    - Wipe userdata in recovery
    - flash all 3 partitions using fastboot
    Don't do this when you don't know what you are doing!!

You can flash gapps with any kernel with recovery. Just flash back the AOSP kernel to boot into device afterwards :)

== Changelog ==
    Code:
    [QUOTE][B]== Beta v3 (via OTA 1)==[/B]
    - Mobile Data working (RIL working, routing to modem device fixed)
    - Calls and Texts working
    - Sound routing/headphone jack detection working
    - Wifi stability improvements
    [/QUOTE]

[B]== Beta v2 ==[/B]
    - Sensors are fixed
    - first Z1 compact, Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact release
    - Latest 3.5.2.2 kernel
    - Mic is working while calling????
    - Auto-brightness fixed
    - Rotation is working

[B]== Beta v1.1 ==[/B]
    - Wifi is a lot more stable
    - Updated kernel
    - charging-LED is working now
    - Rom is more stable and supersmooth

[B]== Beta v1.0 ==[/B]
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LED
    - Texting
    - Calling
    - Sound
    - Brightness Slider (autobrightness doesn't work yet, turn it off to make slider working)
    - Vibration
    - Screen/Touch

== Screenshots ==
    In the screenshot part of devdb project are more screenshots ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

6weWJpM.png

Hpl3gJ9.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][WIP]AOSP 5.0 Beta v2.0 | OTA 1 | Lollipop for Xperia Z2 [22-11-2014], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    krabappel2548, cheep5k8
    Source Code: https://github.com/xperia-aosp-project?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-16

Created 2014-11-16
    Last Updated 2014-12-19
    Next update is going to be a big one guys :) texting, calling, WiFi etc all working. Also some other smaller things are fixed :p

Sent from my Xperia Z1 (AOSP) using XDA Free mobile app
    To the proceedings

Hello everyone,

At this point just a few words regarding etiquette and the progress on the project:

The project is a Beta and marked as WIP. It is known to us that not everything works, and maybe not even everything as advertised with each release (full or OTA).

We are very sorry for stuff like that the OTA ZIP installer is broken, but you've to to cut us some slack, really, with functionality on the ROM.

First of all without starting a flamewar, the CM12 build is just mostly built from CM sources while we actively work on AOSP code. Regarding that the progress we made from the initial release on the 16th up to now, or even the progress krabappel2548 made before making an initial release is quite considerable.

Regardless, this here is not a daily driver and it will not be so until we flag it as such. You can not magically expect everything to work just because we push a new update. Some things will work, some will not.

There might be regressions (i.e. stuff that used to work doesn't again), and some things that work for some people don't work for others. Such is life and development on AOSP.

At this current point we do not guarantee any functionality (and neither do we for bricking your device, as always).

If you spend half of the night installing the OTA and then it doesn't work like Sony's ROM that will be released at some point in 2015, well, we can't really help you there. They have the magic sauce (i.e. secret source code, blobs) and additional resources.

But you are always welcome to help us. Anytime. We're hiring.
    Seems @cheep2sk8 got modem working and I found a way to patch kernel to allow proper net routing for mobile data ;) I can confirm mobile data will be working on next release :)
    Ok, to everyone I'm getting closer to fixing the mic bug. I'm working on my Z1 now, but if it's fixed there, it will be fixed here as well with similar code ;)

Sent from my Xperia Z1 (AOSP) using XDA Free mobile app