[ROM][WIP]CyanogenMod 9

Search This thread

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
So here's the story. I built cm9 for the dream/sapphire using files from various devices, one of which is the hero. So out of boredom I built it for the heroc too. I cannot test it or confirm it works.

Info:
Cm9 code from the middle of may (android 4.0.4)
Device and vendor files from github.com/TeamICS
And... that's it.

It should hopefully boot and mostly work. Not sure about audio working. haven't done anything for the camera

http://www.mediafire.com/?je85olw5k6rj7jn - test0

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
thank you tvall, i hope you saw i gave you credit for the port that i did, ill try this out and let you know

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

from initial testing:

everything works as it should, except for camera (which you already mentioned) and no usb mass storage

with *edit* stagefright and its associated libs from eligorom or the port of cm9 i posted, we should be able to have working video playback

also ill have to retrace my steps as its been a few since i did it but the kernel i included with cm9 and eligorom has minfrees already set at boot, when i remember what i changed ill post it here

im not sure about camera, i think in /lib/hw we need the camera.msm7k.so and probably for good measure the associated libs from eligorom

thank you tvall, you are a god among men

Last edited:
Reactions: Gargon87 and tvall

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1624018

Last edited:

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1624018

I don't have internet at home currently.. so.. feel free to mess with this rom while I'm gone. I'll look into the camera when I can

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
So.. I built aokp for the g1. The heroc doesn't want to finish building... but it can probably be fixed

One of the main reasons to use the cm9 base is the fixes for msm7x27 and armv6. You'll have to port over or use the cm repos for the framework and dalvik.

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Already did all the dalvik changes. Won't even build without that.

I'm not sure what your errors are, but it might be easier to just change the device to armv5-te (I think its -te) instead of armv6j. I know before cm posted sources we could build the aosp with armv5 and a few fixes. Check the TEAMICS_FIXES repo and look under the old fixes you might still need them for AOSP.

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
I'm not sure what your errors are, but it might be easier to just change the device to armv5-te (I think its -te) instead of armv6j. I know before cm posted sources we could build the aosp with armv5 and a few fixes. Check the TEAMICS_FIXES repo and look under the old fixes you might still need them for AOSP.

The errors are related to selinux, which is weird because I built for the dream with a similar device folder without that error... I'll work on it later.

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
just figured i'd check in.

havnt had alot of time here lately, but hopefully here soon i will. here are the stagefright libs that allow for software playback of video files. tvall please try these out on your g1, see if it works for you. i use quickpic to play media files in ics, its the lightest player i can find.

attached stagefrightlibs below (not flashable, just a folder, push lib files with adb anybody who wants to try these)

Attachments

• stagefrightlibs.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
upon looking at your kernel, i think we are going to have to go through both my eligorom kernel and your kernel and match them up, with your rom and my kernel usb mass storage pops up, but unmounts the sdcard instead of working correctly. im looking into it right now, probably a really easy fix. also alot of minfree stuff is absent in your default kernel, so we will have to figure that one out too.

when i get a chance, ill package up my kernel into a flashable zip, but for now its attached as a non flashable one for reference only.

edit: wow i said kernel 6 times lol

Attachments

• kernel.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: tvall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here's the story. I built cm9 for the dream/sapphire using files from various devices, one of which is the hero. So out of boredom I built it for the heroc too. I cannot test it or confirm it works.

Info:
    Cm9 code from the middle of may (android 4.0.4)
    Device and vendor files from github.com/TeamICS
    And... that's it.

It should hopefully boot and mostly work. Not sure about audio working. haven't done anything for the camera

http://www.mediafire.com/?je85olw5k6rj7jn - test0
    thank you tvall, i hope you saw i gave you credit for the port that i did, ill try this out and let you know

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

from initial testing:

everything works as it should, except for camera (which you already mentioned) and no usb mass storage

with *edit* stagefright and its associated libs from eligorom or the port of cm9 i posted, we should be able to have working video playback

also ill have to retrace my steps as its been a few since i did it but the kernel i included with cm9 and eligorom has minfrees already set at boot, when i remember what i changed ill post it here

im not sure about camera, i think in /lib/hw we need the camera.msm7k.so and probably for good measure the associated libs from eligorom

thank you tvall, you are a god among men
    Thank you for testing. We should work together on this (especially since I don't have a hero)
    upon looking at your kernel, i think we are going to have to go through both my eligorom kernel and your kernel and match them up, with your rom and my kernel usb mass storage pops up, but unmounts the sdcard instead of working correctly. im looking into it right now, probably a really easy fix. also alot of minfree stuff is absent in your default kernel, so we will have to figure that one out too.

when i get a chance, ill package up my kernel into a flashable zip, but for now its attached as a non flashable one for reference only.

edit: wow i said kernel 6 times lol
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone