LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
- Download the latest build and gapps
- Boot to recovery
- Flash the latest build
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
- The MAC read is showing something, but cannot confirm it is the correct MAC
- GeoMac is not a thing but it shows it
- Compass doesn't work
- Accelometor works, but it's not calibrated properly
- Front Speaker, Line In and Line Out doesn't work
- Microphone doesn't work
- All camera is detected, but doesn't work
- Flashlight doesn't work
RIL (Radio Interface Layer)
- IMEI doesn't show
- Calls doesn't work
- Should work, but line out is broken so there's no point.
Offline charging (Kernel related)
- Display flickers
- The display position is off
Special thanks to: