Android Kitkat 4.4.4
Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn't work):
- Modem in 2G mode work incorrect(Network registration don't work with some SIM cards, permanent full signal straight, problem is with audio in calls)
With 3G all is OK, Use this: Settings -> More.. in "wireless&network" category -> Mobile Network -> Preferred Network type -> 3G only
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- After Recovery time to time incorrect capacity of battery
Maybe something else, what i forgot
You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it, use Bada or other releases.
We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.
Please join us on IRC: some people are on #badadroid (freenode).
NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.
I do heavily encourage to work together on the better, common project instead of making kang releases and demanding money for somebody else's work.
Read as: If you think you can make something better than this by doing less and muchazo Ctrl+C Ctrl+V - you suck, go figure the rest.
Bada 2.0 is required
Warning! It will remove Bada!
Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device:
"start" kernel https://yadi.sk/d/PhY11Rvnmq99T
"start" kernel https://yadi.sk/d/xWwb8r3RmpZxK
Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader.
After reboot it will open android recovery
Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
wait before on screen you will see "Partitions had been prepared"
if you have external SD card:
- Back -> Back -> Back -> Mount -> Mount USB storage
On PC you will see SD card mounted, and copy ROM there -> Unmount -> Back
- Install -> choose zip with ROM(mount point /external_sd) -> Swipe to Confirm Flash -> Reboot System
if you have no external SD card
- Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
- Mount -> Enable MTP (if you see disable MTP - it is already activated) on this step PC can ask to install driver, use Android MTP driver
- Copy Zip with ROM Internal Storage -> Disable MTP -> Back
- Install -> choose zip with rom -> Swipe to install -> wait for flashing -> Reboot system
You can remove installation .zip from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
TWRP Recovery mode is available using VolUp + End keys
Every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
UPDATE from OMNI older that 09.09.2014
- Make backup in TWRP(Backup -> Select Data -> Swipe to backup)
- Flash FOTA and "start" kernel via Multiloader
- Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
- wait before on screen you will see "Partitions had been prepared" -> Back -> Back -> Back
- Mount -> Mount USB storage
- Copy zip with Rom from PC to External SD card -> Unmount -> Back
- Install -> choose zip with ROM -> Swipe to Confirm Flash -> Home
- Restore backup in TWRP (Restore -> Select packge for restore -> Swipe to restore)
- Reboot -> System
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
Omni is without root support from default
To activate root flash zip via Recovery from XDA thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS: http://d-h.st/users/ZordanKV/?fld_id=28623#files
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Just reflash bada via Multiloader
- Big kernel update from https://github.com/Coldwindofnowhere/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/android-5.1
Big thanks to @Coldwindofnowhere
It enable many additional settings in Settings-Performance
Also enabled boost for incall volume in Advanced Settings
- Added Battery saver mode from Omni Gerrit, Experimental- not really tested
- GPS fixes, still we have no A-GPS
- Omni sources 11.01.2016
- Sensors update and cleanup
- Added Bigmem support in Advanced settings
with default settings we have 270 mb RAM with working 720p video recording
with Bigmem we have 283 mb RAM without working 720p video recording(as was by default in previous versions)
with Max RAM we have 315 mb RAM and camera, video playback and torch is not working at all
- Updated kernel with last omni changes
RIL update 20.12.2014 https://yadi.sk/d/kvYUiq6QdWSdD
- SMS fixes
just flash it via TWRP
- Omni sources 11.12.2014
- Added roaming indication
- Re-worked SMS
- Updated some Zram parameters
maybe something else
- Omni sources 25.10.2014
- Moved to omni aries kernel
- Updated audio driver
- Updated charger driver
- Omni sources 09.09.2014
- New partition layout and new installation procedure(Read carefully! Device will be wiped).
Now you can use android without SD card
- Compass fixed
- Added phone reboot in case of modem crash.
- Omni sources 15.08.2014
- Hopefully fixed LCD wake-up bug on wave2, thanks to Blue59 for so many tests
- Corrected voltage for some on-board chips
- Omni sources 13.07.2014
- Fixed updater script
- Fixed power off, thanks to Tigrouzen
Updated FOTA links
Changed background from white to black
Added start of Bada - Call+End, we can use offline bada charger, in case if battery is fully empty
Added checking kernel size on SD card, sometimes boot.img exist but it is 0mb
04.07.2014 https://yadi.sk/d/Rw2UmkaoVxwdP - forgot to fix updater script, so please re-copy boot.img manually to SD card
- Omni sources 04.07.2014
- Small kernel optimizations
- Bring back Advanced Settings (TVout, vibration intensity and etc )
- Updated framework overlay
- Added OmniTorch
- Added USD OTG support (not tested), based on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53803247&postcount=8 Thanks to Tigrouzen
- Initial Release
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen, Benzox and many others.
OMNI team for base ROM
Pawitp, kasper_h and all other aries developers
Paulk and Replicant project for good base for bada-modem RIL
and many other who help us.