• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [WIP] Nexus One ICS ROM Source SDK

Search This thread
G

GuestX0019

Thanks blunden,

I am in no rush, plenty of great roms out there to continue to play with and a year and a half left on TMO contract--:(

Do you guys think we will move to the Blackrose hboot for the first N1 ICS rom. Running it in HyperSense with great results.

twistedumbrella

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2007
abandonedcart.gitlab.io
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Sooo... We might have to wait till the buildbot changes to cm-passion-full-0???

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Or edit the entire thing before building. Whichever is a more appealing decision. You could always build the current release and ask why you are stuck in a loop like some threads, lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

twistedumbrella

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2007
abandonedcart.gitlab.io
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Lol.... Oh well, im just have to gonna wait...

Nexus S, a.k.a. "crespo", and Nexus S 4G, a.k.a. "crespo4g", are supported with gingerbread, but can't currently be used with newer versions of the Android Open-Source Project.
Nexus One a.k.a. "passion" is obsolete, was experimental in gingerbread and unsupported, and can't be used with newer versions of the Android Open-Source Project.
Android Developer Phones (ADP1 and ADP2, a.k.a. "dream" and "sapphire") are obsolete, were experimental and unsupported in froyo, and can't be used with newer versions of the Android Open-Source Project.

...yeah, more bad news...

twistedumbrella

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2007
abandonedcart.gitlab.io
ASUS ROG Phone 5
They are starting to be like idiots, just for that stupid NAND size??

They wanted Samsung to build an amazing device, and sold the open source community for better parts. That's what happens when you let a company that has no history in public development have a say in the process.

addam360

Nov 12, 2010
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Sorry about this but I'm not quite following...
I've been waiting for source code to drop because I heard it would help get the ICS ROMs out quicker and now I'm hearing that it won't support the N1 anyway so it won't really help too much...
Also (and these are the good ones) I'm hearing from some people that although there's not really any official N1 support anymore we should still get some ROMs soon and also that the first CM9 ROMs will drop within 2 months and I'm guessing since N1 still seems like the top priority device for CM we should be among the first to get a CM9 ROM?

Ok if I've got anything wrong or senseless or just plain stupid up there please correct me. Just trying to summarise a bit.:D

twistedumbrella

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2007
abandonedcart.gitlab.io
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I've been waiting for source code to drop because I heard it would help get the ICS ROMs out quicker and now I'm hearing that it won't support the N1 anyway so it won't really help too much...
Also (and these are the good ones) I'm hearing from some people that although there's not really any official N1 support anymore we should still get some ROMs soon and also that the first CM9 ROMs will drop within 2 months and I'm guessing since N1 still seems like the top priority device for CM we should be among the first to get a CM9 ROM?

Ok if I've got anything wrong or senseless or just plain stupid up there please correct me. Just trying to summarise a bit.:D

Take the current source and download it. Take the CM7 source for N1 and download it. Bang your head against the wall merging the two into a build and updating. That's the general gist...

Reactions: addam360

phazerorg

Feb 22, 2011

Even if the ICS source helps, it still won't provide the missing binary drivers for the Nexus One that are also missing from the current SDK ports. It's possible some sort of hack can be done to make the GB drivers work with ICS (I think this was done with GB to make drivers from Froyo work before Google's official port came out) or maybe the kernel from GB can be used, or someone could spend a LOT of time doing reverse-engineering and make their own.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is still a problem that would need to be overcome in one way or another for a fully-functional ICS port to the Nexus One.

Reactions: addam360

Top Liked Posts