[ROM][WIP] Sailfish OS 2.1 Nexus 10

Search This thread

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
An alpha build of Sailfish OS 2.1 for Nexus 10 (manta)
Its in rough shape but we are slowly but surely getting there.
YOU CAN DUEL BOOT WITH ANDROID! - See second post for info
UPDATE July 9th 2018: I am still still working on this. I have some stuff to try, mainly rebuilding the old June 2017 audio jack kernel in both hybris hal and the base rom, meaning, HOORAY - I'll be forced to start building my own android base. in the mean time things are the same in the OP, use the new build if you want the latest release and don't mind a lack of video, use the old one for creepy silent videos. I am counting down for Sailfish OS 3.0 to come out, I already know that its going to break anything I fix. And a big sigh is released.

Credits:
Lineage OS team for the LOS 14.1 Base (seriously, THANKS)
Jolla for that perfect software
followmsi for the fixed kernel sources that don't inherit those dirty lineage audio jack issues.
All the people on the #sailfishos-porters IRC who kept me motivated and full of hope (mal, krnlyng, Mister_Magister, sledges, m4r0v3r, piggz, r0kk3rs, just to name a few)

LOS14.1 Base: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W3k2PzWKQU_-1qbhho_8MespNzr5zBlD/view?usp=sharing - I didn't make this at all.
Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7 alpha 0.1.2 rootfs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QKux9YkUHi7XZtGEJbUh_xYms5-BsLjo/view?usp=sharing - I did for sure make this (well, I ported it, credit to Jolla for sillica and stuff)
Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 alpha 0.2 rootfs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IkWtZxAPGeiSiqCpMcbct-M43QlCsG8m/view?usp=sharing - THIS IS THE SUPER SPOOKY UNSTABLE RELEASE!!! BEWARE!

Adaptations Libhybris page: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Manta
My Video Review of alpha 0.1.3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEGKZHquhQ

I have a lot to test so Ill populate this list more later but:

What works:
- Rotation
- ALS
- Magnetic Sensor
- Video
- Touch
- Hardware Keys
- Power Management and Sleep

The Checklist of What I Need to Fix
- Audio
- Video (droidmedia is broken in my latest clean build, this does not effect the rom in the OP, I would never update a rom with this many regression bugs)
- USB Charging
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- Haptic Feedback/Vibration
- Camera

CAMERA DOES NOT WORK IN THE BASE ROM SO IT WILL NOT WORK IN SAILFISH OS

Change log:
alpha0 - initial working release
alpha0.1 - added rotation fix, defined MALI_QUIRKS, applied a ton of random patches that did nothing
alpha0.1.1 - fixed taking screen shots, built gst-droid (you can now play mp3s but sound is still broken along with video)
alpha0.1.2 - built SDSVideoFix droid media! we can now play video but there is still ZERO sound at all.
alpha0.1.3 - unreleased, REGRESSION BUG: Video is broken - trying again.
alpha0.2 - Updated image to Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29, droid media still broken. I recommend staying on the old alpha 0.1.2 build.

Our device is the highest resolution device to ever run Sailfish OS (for now). Let's all feel extra special for a bit.

General About
Linux Kernel: 3.4.113
Rom Base: Lineage OS 14.1
Sailfish OS Version: Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 | 2.1.3.7
Sources:
(This is on the to do list)

Also my Discord ID is dirtymikelikesfeet#9871

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308_001.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308_001.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 1,458
  • Screenshot_20180307_002.png
    Screenshot_20180307_002.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,450
  • Screenshot_20180308_003.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308_003.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Screenshot_20180308_004.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308_004.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited:

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
Tips and Tricks
Get landscape rotation in ALL apps
Go to warehouse, and install patch manager and autorotate anywhere (or something like that)
Reboot
voila.

Dual Boot Lineage OS 14.1 and Sailfish OS
This is super easy, so basically the Hybris installer doesn't touch /system or /data (at least none of the installed android files) so you can boot between the two rather easily. You will need a Lineage OS 14.1 boot image (Inside the Lineage OS 14.1 zip) and Hybris boot (inside the Sailfish OS zip). When you want to boot between the two, boot into TWRP Recovery, and flash the appropriate boot image. This should make it easier for testers.

Q/A

Does flashing a new Sailfish OS image wipe my android files? - As far as I know? No. But I haven't really tested this. It shouldn't.

"Is this usable as a daily driver?" - No. not right now. Once I fix audio maybe, but as it stands now, unless all you do is read emails, watch silent movies, and play simple games and read books, its pretty garbage. You can browse the web with web cat but it has 1/3 of the screen not used.

"Why did you use the LOS14.1 base you idiot? you realize we will never have working camera now right???" - Lesser of all evils. Once I get a good stable LOS 14.1 based sfos port (working everything), and a list of all my tweaks to fix everything, I will try making an LOS 13 based sfos port. I like camera too, and do occasionally use it on this tablet.

"Does it have android app support?" - No. Maybe one day I will hack alien dalvik onto it and post a concept install for Nexus 10, but no promises.

Last edited:

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
Yes me to. I still have my Nexus 10 but don't use it much because it's horrible for streaming videos, unless I flash gingerbread. Anyway hope you keep at this, thanks for your effort.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interest, the current thing to do is add minimer to m N10 so I can fix hwcomposer, it is wonked real bad and I think it's why jolla-startupwizard won't work right now.

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
a better browser please??or a new version??

browser bugs are proving near impossible to solve, and manually rebuilding qtmozembed did nothing. I am going to try and crank out a 2.2 build tonight with the vendor repos included but I doubt much will change. As far as browser, the cut off is a problem with qt that I am still figuring out how to solve.

OKAY! Building new image with mic as I type this. it's at 162/473, hope it doesn't fail but it rarely does at this point. Using followmsi's new 0611 build as a base, and I have thrown in TheMuppets vendor repos for broadcomm and the like, hopefully something cool happens, but I am 99% sure this build will be the same broken build accept based on sailfish OS 2.2. This means no gstreamer, i.e. no videos, no mp3 files, no nothing. Also I doubt Audio will just fix it self either.

Last edited:

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
tested 2.2.0.29 ,no videos, sound, webpirate browser simple works

Its terrible, I know.
and the audio isses we are no closer to fixing since I have ZERO idea what is causing them, and neither do the people I've worked with. I am reloading the CM11 based port and trying to work out the gralloc issues on it, there are a ton of dependency files missing on that port for hwcomposer, but it should be fixable. everything is fixable.

Nov 8, 2014
Its terrible, I know.
and the audio isses we are no closer to fixing since I have ZERO idea what is causing them, and neither do the people I've worked with. I am reloading the CM11 based port and trying to work out the gralloc issues on it, there are a ton of dependency files missing on that port for hwcomposer, but it should be fixable. everything is fixable.

any news about it?

Galaxyninja66

Jan 25, 2015
Milton
any news about it?

I no longer own the device, 10.1 and 11 sources had hwcomposer errors (but working audio afaik). 12-13 sources failed to boot for reasons entirely unknown since the logs looked fine (and no, it wasn't a no UI/display error, I checked and it was in telnet still, again, for seemingly no reason). 14.1 worked like a charm but sadly the audio issues were just a mystery. Rotation was an easy fix and I think at that point GPS had very little mw so it was hit or miss and debugging it was not done often so it was mostly undocumented. Don't know about now.

tl;dr
10.1-11 - broken hwcomposer, wayland is gimped in 2.0 and beyond period, and fbdev wouldn't work either
12-13 - refuses to boot past the telnet stage for unknown reasons
14.1 - audio is broken, using followmsi and the stock lineage sources/matching base images.

I'd love to work on this again actually, but a new N10 would cost me 80 AUD and I'd have to prep a new VM since I wiped all mine switching to macOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An alpha build of Sailfish OS 2.1 for Nexus 10 (manta)
    Its in rough shape but we are slowly but surely getting there.
    YOU CAN DUEL BOOT WITH ANDROID! - See second post for info
    UPDATE July 9th 2018: I am still still working on this. I have some stuff to try, mainly rebuilding the old June 2017 audio jack kernel in both hybris hal and the base rom, meaning, HOORAY - I'll be forced to start building my own android base. in the mean time things are the same in the OP, use the new build if you want the latest release and don't mind a lack of video, use the old one for creepy silent videos. I am counting down for Sailfish OS 3.0 to come out, I already know that its going to break anything I fix. And a big sigh is released.

Credits:
    Lineage OS team for the LOS 14.1 Base (seriously, THANKS)
    Jolla for that perfect software
    followmsi for the fixed kernel sources that don't inherit those dirty lineage audio jack issues.
    All the people on the #sailfishos-porters IRC who kept me motivated and full of hope (mal, krnlyng, Mister_Magister, sledges, m4r0v3r, piggz, r0kk3rs, just to name a few)

LOS14.1 Base: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W3k2PzWKQU_-1qbhho_8MespNzr5zBlD/view?usp=sharing - I didn't make this at all.
    Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7 alpha 0.1.2 rootfs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QKux9YkUHi7XZtGEJbUh_xYms5-BsLjo/view?usp=sharing - I did for sure make this (well, I ported it, credit to Jolla for sillica and stuff)
    Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 alpha 0.2 rootfs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IkWtZxAPGeiSiqCpMcbct-M43QlCsG8m/view?usp=sharing - THIS IS THE SUPER SPOOKY UNSTABLE RELEASE!!! BEWARE!

Adaptations Libhybris page: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Manta
    My Video Review of alpha 0.1.3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEGKZHquhQ

I have a lot to test so Ill populate this list more later but:

What works:
    - Rotation
    - ALS
    - Magnetic Sensor
    - Video
    - Touch
    - Hardware Keys
    - Power Management and Sleep

The Checklist of What I Need to Fix
    - Audio
    - Video (droidmedia is broken in my latest clean build, this does not effect the rom in the OP, I would never update a rom with this many regression bugs)
    - USB Charging
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS
    - Haptic Feedback/Vibration
    - Camera

CAMERA DOES NOT WORK IN THE BASE ROM SO IT WILL NOT WORK IN SAILFISH OS

Change log:
    alpha0 - initial working release
    alpha0.1 - added rotation fix, defined MALI_QUIRKS, applied a ton of random patches that did nothing
    alpha0.1.1 - fixed taking screen shots, built gst-droid (you can now play mp3s but sound is still broken along with video)
    alpha0.1.2 - built SDSVideoFix droid media! we can now play video but there is still ZERO sound at all.
    alpha0.1.3 - unreleased, REGRESSION BUG: Video is broken - trying again.
    alpha0.2 - Updated image to Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29, droid media still broken. I recommend staying on the old alpha 0.1.2 build.

Our device is the highest resolution device to ever run Sailfish OS (for now). Let's all feel extra special for a bit.

General About
    Linux Kernel: 3.4.113
    Rom Base: Lineage OS 14.1
    Sailfish OS Version: Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 | 2.1.3.7
    Sources:
    (This is on the to do list)

Also my Discord ID is dirtymikelikesfeet#9871
    *bump* because it finally ****ing works (sort of)
    Tips and Tricks
    Get landscape rotation in ALL apps
    Go to warehouse, and install patch manager and autorotate anywhere (or something like that)
    Reboot
    voila.

Dual Boot Lineage OS 14.1 and Sailfish OS
    This is super easy, so basically the Hybris installer doesn't touch /system or /data (at least none of the installed android files) so you can boot between the two rather easily. You will need a Lineage OS 14.1 boot image (Inside the Lineage OS 14.1 zip) and Hybris boot (inside the Sailfish OS zip). When you want to boot between the two, boot into TWRP Recovery, and flash the appropriate boot image. This should make it easier for testers.

Q/A

Does flashing a new Sailfish OS image wipe my android files? - As far as I know? No. But I haven't really tested this. It shouldn't.

"Is this usable as a daily driver?" - No. not right now. Once I fix audio maybe, but as it stands now, unless all you do is read emails, watch silent movies, and play simple games and read books, its pretty garbage. You can browse the web with web cat but it has 1/3 of the screen not used.

"Why did you use the LOS14.1 base you idiot? you realize we will never have working camera now right???" - Lesser of all evils. Once I get a good stable LOS 14.1 based sfos port (working everything), and a list of all my tweaks to fix everything, I will try making an LOS 13 based sfos port. I like camera too, and do occasionally use it on this tablet.

"Does it have android app support?" - No. Maybe one day I will hack alien dalvik onto it and post a concept install for Nexus 10, but no promises.
    Yes me to. I still have my Nexus 10 but don't use it much because it's horrible for streaming videos, unless I flash gingerbread. Anyway hope you keep at this, thanks for your effort.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interest, the current thing to do is add minimer to m N10 so I can fix hwcomposer, it is wonked real bad and I think it's why jolla-startupwizard won't work right now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone