[ROM][WIP][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 For Moto G 2013 4G [peregrine][2018/01/09]

Search This thread

Carlos Arriaga

Account currently disabled
Jan 15, 2015
Usa
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Flash
  • Led
  • GPS
What's not working :

• Video Recording (use footej camera)
  • SELinux is permissive

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

TELEGRAM GROUP FOR G 2013

Credits :
  • @luca020400: for working the msm8226 - lineage maintainer
  • @LuK1337: for working the msm8226 - lineage maintainer
  • Motorola: For providing the Kernel Source Code
  • LineageOS Team

Donations :
You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Carlos Arriaga, LuK1337, luca020400
Source Code: https://github.com/MotoG2013

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery

Version Information

Created 2017-09-06
Last Updated 2018-01-08

Last edited:

aha360

Jan 10, 2014
Hmm, I wonder if Google Camera works with this Android ROM but I doubt it.

Massive thanks @Carlos Arriaga et al for making Oreo work on a piece-of-crap device that I have LOL =P

Last edited:

laserdisko

Sep 9, 2017
Prueba version 20170908

Instalada en mi moto g 4g xt1040 la versión del 20170908 y los errores que encontré fueron:

– En la instalación error 7 que no salía antes. Cambié el archivo updater script por la versión del 20170902 y funcionó, no sé si esto sea un grave error pero instaló la rom sin errores.
-Al iniciar da un error “el proceso system no responde”, da opciones cerrar aplicación y esperar.
-No funciona la cámara, da error de acceso, muestra la opción de reportar – ignorar. Descargué e instalé dos aplicaciones de cámara del playstore a ver si funcionaba pero dieron error de no acceso a la cámara por estar siendo usada por otra aplicación.

No encontré otros inconvenientes pero lo que miré funcionó perfecto, muy rápida y agradable la Rom. No rootee porque era lo siguiente a las pruebas de funcionalidad y paré ahí. Quiere decir que ya quedó ajustado el tema del giro de la pantalla y el wifi que no andaban en la versión del 20170906

Espero nueva versión para probar de nuevo y gracias por el trabajo y esfuerzo.

Tapsibaba

Nov 27, 2013
Nice, I'll wait for camera to work before installing it on my mother's phone.

Keep up the good work mate!

aha360

Jan 10, 2014
Instalada en mi moto g 4g xt1040 la versión del 20170908 y los errores que encontré fueron:

– En la instalación error 7 que no salía antes. Cambié el archivo updater script por la versión del 20170902 y funcionó, no sé si esto sea un grave error pero instaló la rom sin errores.
-Al iniciar da un error “el proceso system no responde”, da opciones cerrar aplicación y esperar.
-No funciona la cámara, da error de acceso, muestra la opción de reportar – ignorar. Descargué e instalé dos aplicaciones de cámara del playstore a ver si funcionaba pero dieron error de no acceso a la cámara por estar siendo usada por otra aplicación.

No encontré otros inconvenientes pero lo que miré funcionó perfecto, muy rápida y agradable la Rom. No rootee porque era lo siguiente a las pruebas de funcionalidad y paré ahí. Quiere decir que ya quedó ajustado el tema del giro de la pantalla y el wifi que no andaban en la versión del 20170906

Espero nueva versión para probar de nuevo y gracias por el trabajo y esfuerzo.

Test version 20170908
Installed on my bike g 4g xt1040 the version of 20170908 and the errors I found were:

- In the installation error 7 that did not come before. I changed the updater script file for the 20170902 version and it worked, I do not know if this is a serious error but installed the rom without errors.
- At start it gives an error "the system process does not respond", gives options to close application and wait.
- Camera does not work, gives access error, shows the option to report - ignore. I downloaded and installed two camera applications from the playstore to see if it worked but they failed to access the camera because it is being used by another application.

I did not find other inconveniences but what I saw worked perfect, very fast and pleasant the Rom. Do not rotate because it was the next to the functionality tests and I stopped there. It means that the theme of the screen rotation and the Wi-Fi that were not in the version of 20170906

I hope new version to try again and thanks for the work and effort
------------------
PLEASE USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Apart from that, the ROM in question gives me no proper signal - no phone calls/SMS/data, and as stated on the OP, the camera is broken

laserdisko

Sep 9, 2017
Test 20170914 version

Installed the version of 20170914 in moto G XT1040. The camera does not work, flashlight, bluetooth (tries to connect but in the search of devices is put in permanent cycle of disconnection - connection) and the wifi is disconnected (connects a moment and falls, then reconnects and stays in cycle, Conection - disconnection). Linux appears as permissive, thanks for the effort to Carlos Arriaga and I expect another more stable and complete version to test.

Nicomix

Nov 2, 2015
Hello Carlos.

I see you have been updating every day the falcon version, and I saw that now there are few things working, now the camera take pictures and the bluetooth works, and I would like to see that changes in peregrine, please <3, could you upload another peregrine version?

laserdisko

Sep 9, 2017
Test 20170927 version

Hi carlos.
I have tried for two days the version of September 27 in my peregrine and the only thing that did not work is my camera, open and I send a message "Camera error Can not establish connection with the camera".
Everything else worked fine, I had to go back to my previous version since I need the camera; thank you for your work and I hope you can solve this unique detail that is missing. Greetings from Colombia.

Carlos Arriaga

Account currently disabled
Jan 15, 2015
Usa
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
Hi carlos.
I have tried for two days the version of September 27 in my peregrine and the only thing that did not work is my camera, open and I send a message "Camera error Can not establish connection with the camera".
Everything else worked fine, I had to go back to my previous version since I need the camera; thank you for your work and I hope you can solve this unique detail that is missing. Greetings from Colombia.
Read OP camera only works with cameringo APP

Sent from my Redmi 4A using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Flash
    • Led
    • GPS
    What's not working :

• Video Recording (use footej camera)
    • SELinux is permissive

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

TELEGRAM GROUP FOR G 2013

Credits :
    • @luca020400: for working the msm8226 - lineage maintainer
    • @LuK1337: for working the msm8226 - lineage maintainer
    • Motorola: For providing the Kernel Source Code
    • LineageOS Team

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Carlos Arriaga, LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotoG2013

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery

Version Information

Created 2017-09-06
    Last Updated 2018-01-08
    New build is up!

Changelog:
    * Bluetooth fixed
    * Camera fixed
    * Dual sim fixed
    * Flash fixed
    * Others bug fixed :)

OP UPDATE PLEASE READ

Download in the OP :) happy flash guys

The 08/01/2018 build is booting on my peregrine. :) Seems working great! :)
    Using this gapps: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-3/development/gapps-opengapps-t3720449
    the development of this rom stopped ? no new builds since sep 29
    currently there is bootloop in Falcon, I do not see to update in peregrine if it does not start in Falcon.

Hi carlos.
    Read OP camera only works with cameringo APP