• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

Rom with best battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadub123

Oct 29, 2012
I've used about 5 or 6 different roms for my HTC One and right now I'm using SentinelRom for android 4.2.2 and I seem to be getting almost double the battery life then from the other roms. Which I love. Anybody have any input on this? Here's a screenshot. I've got 15+hrs on this charge and I still have 27% left. And I've used my phone pretty heavily.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Attachments

Reactions: leventccc

leventccc

Jan 31, 2011
Istanbul
I've used about 5 or 6 different roms for my HTC One and right now I'm using SentinelRom for android 4.2.2 and I seem to be getting almost double the battery life then from the other roms. Which I love. Anybody have any input on this? Here's a screenshot. I've got 15+hrs on this charge and I still have 27% left. And I've used my phone pretty heavily.

I didn't believed that sense based roms were superior than each other on battery or performance basis since htc one x days. But sentinel rom actually gave me a significant boost on battery life on all of my devices. (Nexus 7, HTC One, Nexus 4)

So I'm going to agree with you on this.

Reactions: jadub123

jadub123

Oct 29, 2012
I didn't believed that sense based roms were superior than each other on battery or performance basis since htc one x days. But sentinel rom actually gave me a significant boost on battery life on all of my devices. (Nexus 7, HTC One, Nexus 4)

So I'm going to agree with you on this.
Ya. Not sure how exactly they tweak it to get better battery life but I'm happy... The cool thing too is the maker of the Rom takes suggestions from people and implaments them into the roms if he can.

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
I believe that it's not really dependent solely on the ROM but there are a lot of factors like usage, brightness and other things that either give you a good or a bad battery life. I have used the stock ROM, Android Revolution HD, and Trickdroid, and I got about the same battery life from both ARHD and Trickdroid (I didn't really keep the stock ROM except for a day or two so I wouldn't know). It's sort of hard to track the usage exactly in order to compare between two ROMs, because I for one use my phone differently every day, depending on how much browsing I do, how many phone calls I get or make, how many dropped signals, the brightness level depending on the lighting condition, and such. I must say, though, that I am extremely happy with the battery life I get from Trickdroid but I cannot say that it gives me a better battery life than ARHD, for instance, because that would merely an unimportant opinion that is not based on facts.

jadub123

Oct 29, 2012
I believe that it's not really dependent solely on the ROM but there are a lot of factors like usage, brightness and other things that either give you a good or a bad battery life. I have used the stock ROM, Android Revolution HD, and Trickdroid, and I got about the same battery life from both ARHD and Trickdroid (I didn't really keep the stock ROM except for a day or two so I wouldn't know). It's sort of hard to track the usage exactly in order to compare between two ROMs, because I for one use my phone differently every day, depending on how much browsing I do, how many phone calls I get or make, how many dropped signals, the brightness level depending on the lighting condition, and such. I must say, though, that I am extremely happy with the battery life I get from Trickdroid but I cannot say that it gives me a better battery life than ARHD, for instance, because that would merely an unimportant opinion that is not based on facts.
I tried to run a full day similar to that of those with trickdroid, ARHD and RGUI. And I just feel like the battery lasted a little longer on this Rom. I'm not sure if these developers can tweak software to change how long the battery last or not? But it does seem like there is a deference. I guess I should run it for a week or so on each Rom to get a true test. All I know is I love this phone and a longer lasting battery makes me happy as I can use the phone longer :)

On a side note. I am getting pretty slow speeds on speedtest with LTE. I'm getting 2 to 3 bars? Anyone know what that's about?? I'm only getting like 1.5mbps down and same up??

DEFOAH

May 15, 2012
Am using
HTC one M7_U, S-ON,
TWRP 2.6.3.3,ARHD 40.3, Xposed Installer 2.4.1,sense 5 toolbox 2.5.
i am having a great battery life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.