|ROM|WM6.5|WWE|01.01.10| AthenaROM HTC Sense |Version IV|Build 21882|Sense 2.5|

Search This thread
4147881423_6dd3d70707_o.jpg

Welcome to my personal ROM. This is my ROM for my personal device, I have included Apps and other stuff that I use in this ROM. It is also customized to my personal liking so it may not be in everyones flavour. Some things may not work simply because I don't use them (i.e Dialer has Video Call but I haven't tested it since I don't use it, the same goes for Wi-Fi)

Let me start by giving you an idea as to what my goals were with this ROM:

• Stablity
  • Fast & Fluid
  • Everything working 100%

I would like to think that I have achived my goals in the current release of AthenaROM HTC Sense. Feel free to post your feedback and bug reports.

About this ROM:

I have been testing this ROM over the past couple of weeks fixing bugs as they popped up, the end result is a 100% bugfree HTC Sense ROM.
Because of the fact that our Diamonds were designed to run on WM 6.1, having WM 6.5 & HTC Sense on a Diamond will slow it down and on occasions you may run out of RAM and get a "Low Memory" warning.

GPS software will not work with HTC Sense enabled (I have found however that TomTom runs on my device with Sense enabled), there just isn't enough memory. The same goes for sending MMS messages, you will most probably get "Low Memory" warnings.

These issues are not bugs or problems relating to the ROM itself, but the fact that our Diamonds doesn't have enough RAM to run the software properly.

Installing this ROM:

• My preferred method of installation is via Internal Storage, therefor I recommend doing it that way.
  • You will need HardSPL (I use 1.93) on your Diamond to install this ROM.
  • This ROM is ONLY for GSM Diamonds.
  • I recommend using MTTY if you experience any random Soft/Hard Resets or Phone Freezing. See this thread for details how to flash using MTTY and to download MTTY
  • Please read the FAQ's in the 3rd Post before posting questions. You will find most of the previously asked Questions and Answers there.

If you are for whatever reason not happy with this ROM or think that it sucks, please remember that I do not ask for DONATIONS nor will I ever ask for DONATIONS. I offer this ROM totally free to the XDA Community. This ROM is my way of saying thanks to the XDA Community.

Current Release: WM 6.5 Build 21882 Version IV (01.01.10)

Last edited:
Reactions: rod555
Updates & Changelogs

Update: WM 6.5 Build 21882 Version IV (01.01.10)

• Updated to HTC Sense 2.5 Build 1921 CFC
  • Updated 95% of Touch Focus items to blue
  • Added Facebook
  • Added YouTube
  • Added PocketRAR
  • Added PIM Backup
  • Added Streaming Media
  • Added RSS Hub
  • Added Windows Live & Messenger
  • Added Remote Desktop
  • Added HTC Gps Tool (can be uninstalled)
  • Added Swype Keyboard (can be uninstalled)
  • Added QUILIN Phone Canvas
  • Skinned Scroll-Bar
  • Skinned Media Player (skin can be uninstalled)
  • Skinned Dialer
  • New Taskbar Skin (can be uninstalled)
  • Updated Folder Icons & App Icons
  • Added Soft-Reset button to Start Menu
  • Added SIP Menu button to Start Menu (use it to change to your favourite input. Full Qwerty, Compact Qwerty, Phone Keypad & Swype!)
  • New skin for Clock on Home Tab
  • Skinned some other Manila items
  • Plus some other surprises!
  • Changed PagePool to 10mb
  • ROM status changed from "Lite" to "Fully Loaded"
  • Approx 25mb free Main Storage
  • Approx 30mb free RAM on startup
  • HTC Sense not enabled by default

WM 6.5 Build 21882 V3 (05.12.09)

• Changed to Build 21882
  • Fixed Dialer Resizing on Incomming Call
  • Updated to Album V3.2
  • Fixed Scrolling in Menu Enhancement
  • Added CleanRAM
  • Added Xperia X2 Task Manager
  • Cooked in Neos2007 Video Drivers
  • Added Black Sense Flip Clock
  • Added Custom Task Bar

WM 6.5 Build 21877 V2 (01.12.09)

• Fixed Keyboard Issues
  • Fixed Dialer (HTC Leo Dialer Added, although it's not a 100% VGA port. Will be fixed with next release)
  • Removed Fixed Start Menu Wallpaper

First Release:

• Free Ram Before/After - 38mb/28mb (approx)
  • Main Storage - 61mb
  • Video Call Support - None at this stage
  • Dialer - Tachi Dialer
  • Battery Consumption - Feedback needed

Included Apps:

I cooked this as a "Lite ROM"

• Calculator
  • Adobe Reader
  • Advanced Config
  • FM Radio
  • Google Maps
  • SK Tools
  • MP3 Trimmer
  • QuickGPS
  • Shake & Save
  • Total Commander
  • Slide2Shutdown
  • Zip
  • Voice Recorder
  • SIM Manager
  • Java
  • Notes
  • Office Mobile
  • Windows Media Player
  • Bubble Breaker
  • Solitaire
  • Teeter
  • Tachi Dialer
  • EzInput

Last edited:
FAQ's

Q: To use Background on all Tabs and disable the weather animation:

A: Go to Menu > Home Wallpaper > Animated Wallpaper and choose a Wallpaper from one of your Albums.

Q: I cannot scroll to the top in the Menu Enhancement

A: Go to: HKLM/Software /HTCHTCMenus/ Change "PortraitMaxItemCount" to 7 (it's the VGA value) + Soft reset. (This issue will be fixed with the next release)

Q: The ROM is slow and sluggish, what can I do?

A: You can install the Neos2007 Driver Pack (cooked into ROM from version 3 onwards), that should speed things up a bit. Also what works for me is to use SKTools to Optimize phone for Performance and running CleanRAM at Level 3 every 3 Hours. - DOWNLOAD

Q:
Hello,

Newbie Question :p

What exactly does GSM Diamond mean and how do I know if my Htc diamond is GSM? Just trying to make things clear before flashing :)

A: A GSM Diamond has a SIM Card as apposed to a CDMDA Diamond that doesn't use a SIM card.

Q:
your software looks good but it sucks it **** up my phone

A: Does anyone even bother to read the first post thoroughly?

Q:
hi,

I have a 2g diam100 from india and when I installed your rom, I am unable to get any network. Kindly provide some solution for this.

A:
I have resolved the issue that I had by selecting GSM as my base band. This helped me in resolving my issue.

Q:
please define the address of site for download
thx

A: Seriously how hard can it be, you click where it says DOWNLOAD.

Q:
very nice rom but some heavy. need some improvement
best regards

A: I use SKTools to optomize the ROM for Performance. It's definately more responsive.

Q:
Anyone know why i might sense 2.5 might not be running for me on this ROM? tried a couple of hard resets but all i get is what looks like a fairly standard version of w6.5 running.. all the apps etc are there that should be so its the right ROM... can think of anything obvious that i am missing?
TIA

A: As per the Changelog HTC Sense is not enabled by default. To enable it go to Settings / Today / Select the "Items" Tab / Tick "HTC Sense" / Press "OK" on the Top-Righthand corner of your screen.

Last edited:
Extras & Mods

• See attached image for Wallpaper - DOWNLOAD
  • Xperia X2 Task Manager - DOWNLOAD
  • Media Player 12 Skin (see attached image) - DOWNLOAD
  • Disable HTC Sense Clock Animation - DOWNLOAD
  • MykCer Sense 2.5 Black Flip Clock (see attached image) - DOWNLOAD
  • HTC Like Skin for Swype (by Baly23) - DOWNLOAD
  • Mortscript to disable HTC Sense without having to goto Settings / Today / Items (Thanks to Pytte) You will need Mortscript on your device - DOWNLOAD
    More info on Mortscript can be found here.

This will close HTC Sense - start IGO8 - wait until IGO8 closes, and restart HTC Sense. (can be customized for other GPS Software)

Code:
    manilastate=ProcExists("manila.exe")

If (manilastate)
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled",0)
    RedrawToday
    endif

RunWait("\Internal Storage\iGO8\igo8.exe")

Sleep(5000)

Kill("Repllog.exe")
    While ( ProcExists("igo8.exe") )
    IdleTimerReset
    Sleep(500)
    EndWhile

If (manilastate)
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled",1)
    RedrawToday
    endif

Attachments

• Wallpaper.jpg
    Wallpaper.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,166
  • ScreenShot29.jpg
    ScreenShot29.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,506
  • ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,734
Last edited:

krakou69

Aug 14, 2009
thanks for sharing

downloading rom atm
and testing soon :)

Can you indicate Ram utilisation and Free space for app ?

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Greetings,

I am curious to know if you are going to be releasing a WM6.1 Sense ROM? I will give this a try but I have always been partial to 6.1 and with yoz stopping ROM dev I need to find a new chef... :)

takeuchie

Feb 22, 2009
www.learn-spanish.tk
Sweeet..Im gonna try dis later..
more details on d rom pls..Thx

-Free memory (Before/After)
-Free space
-VideoCall Support /Dialer
-Battery Comsumption
-Apps Included

++

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
just flashed, the bottom bar color just dont look good, normal htc black would be better.

have to test more for other stuff.

missed call screen has buttons cut like its wvga, and the buttons dosnt work.

Last edited:

rdelsol

Jul 30, 2009
Tagig City
Hi again I just wanted to know if u optimized the graphics on this ROM. It might help a lot in speeding it up.

Thanks

just flashed, the bottom bar color just dont look good, normal htc black would be better.

have to test more for other stuff.

missed call screen has buttons cut like its wvga, and the buttons dosnt work.

Noted - Will fix/update in next release.

How can I change XT9 (german lanquage?)

This is a WWE ROM.

Hi again I just wanted to know if u optimized the graphics on this ROM. It might help a lot in speeding it up.

Thanks

No I haven't optimized the graphics, but the ROM is quite fast.

huntervu

Oct 2, 2008
Have you plan to cook windows 6.5.x in new version. I like finger friendly start@close button at bottom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4147881423_6dd3d70707_o.jpg

Welcome to my personal ROM. This is my ROM for my personal device, I have included Apps and other stuff that I use in this ROM. It is also customized to my personal liking so it may not be in everyones flavour. Some things may not work simply because I don't use them (i.e Dialer has Video Call but I haven't tested it since I don't use it, the same goes for Wi-Fi)

Let me start by giving you an idea as to what my goals were with this ROM:

• Stablity
    • Fast & Fluid
    • Everything working 100%

I would like to think that I have achived my goals in the current release of AthenaROM HTC Sense. Feel free to post your feedback and bug reports.

About this ROM:

I have been testing this ROM over the past couple of weeks fixing bugs as they popped up, the end result is a 100% bugfree HTC Sense ROM.
    Because of the fact that our Diamonds were designed to run on WM 6.1, having WM 6.5 & HTC Sense on a Diamond will slow it down and on occasions you may run out of RAM and get a "Low Memory" warning.

GPS software will not work with HTC Sense enabled (I have found however that TomTom runs on my device with Sense enabled), there just isn't enough memory. The same goes for sending MMS messages, you will most probably get "Low Memory" warnings.

These issues are not bugs or problems relating to the ROM itself, but the fact that our Diamonds doesn't have enough RAM to run the software properly.

Installing this ROM:

• My preferred method of installation is via Internal Storage, therefor I recommend doing it that way.
    • You will need HardSPL (I use 1.93) on your Diamond to install this ROM.
    • This ROM is ONLY for GSM Diamonds.
    • I recommend using MTTY if you experience any random Soft/Hard Resets or Phone Freezing. See this thread for details how to flash using MTTY and to download MTTY
    • Please read the FAQ's in the 3rd Post before posting questions. You will find most of the previously asked Questions and Answers there.

If you are for whatever reason not happy with this ROM or think that it sucks, please remember that I do not ask for DONATIONS nor will I ever ask for DONATIONS. I offer this ROM totally free to the XDA Community. This ROM is my way of saying thanks to the XDA Community.