• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]-Working MIUI 11 EU PIE for Mi Max 2 Oxygen [9]-[stable-ish]i

Search This thread

liammc83

Apr 30, 2014
Android Version : MIUI-11-EU-PIE Easy recovery install.

You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore a phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information / files available on different websites into this thread, I have patched together with cyber spit, bubblegum, and tape, for a pretty much fully working MIUI-11--EU-PIE running rom. With the help from Mohzuned. I have removed what I believe to be all of the bloat. We worked to modify a working pie vendor. Magisk v20 modified boot for root access, Just install magisk manager.

All Credit goes to respective developer/s. I request XDA moderator and or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have forgotten to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following two files to Test MIUI-11-EU-PIE on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). This ROM recovery is ported from the Xiaomi RedMi with many patches and customized from various sources. This ROM maybe Stable enough for your daily use on Mi Max 2. I have access to two MM2 4/64 Global versions using a 1tb sd card one on At&t the other on Tmobile and MOST features I need are currently working.

1a. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270

1b. OrangeFox Recover 10
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ora...n.zip/download

2. MIUI-11-EU-PIE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lRb49s75rqVV0Kg8C16Eao_BuTPvBWr/view?usp=drivesdk

First step:
Start your phone into recovery and Flash a Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Boot, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache.

Second step:
Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use extract tool for android or pc then copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Third step:
Click Restore and Select System, Boot, Vendor and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any errors, Reboot recovery and try again. Or Mount the System, Vendor, Boot and try again. After Restore completes Reboot. Please allow 1-2 Minutes for first boot.

What works:
?

What doesn't work:
?

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you make any further updates / patches that makes this ROM more stable / perfect or enables new features, please don't hesitate to message me to include in this thread.

I have an old PC running windows with 8gb max HDD at any one given time, So if you would like to make the recovery image into a flashable zip, I'd be happy to update/add it.
If you can afford it, Im trying to save for a computer from this decade, any help is appreciated
https://www.paypal.me/LiamMcGinnisIv

If you would like to use the boot, vendor, system, or any other files, All I ask is pass on the proper credits.

Any Others Who May Have Been Missed

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing )

zavorotnii

Nov 2, 2017
Balti
If you will fix Camera and Torch it will be great! We are all waiting! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

May be it is better to do Port from Mi Mix 2S? Camera and Torch worked on that port.

Rohith Pillalamarri

Oct 30, 2018
Warangal
Bro.......:(

I cannot find the fingerprint option in the rom..?

Firstly I upgraded from the nougat rom.,it made me to suck....it booted but instantly rebooted to recovery on every boot......

Cannot find the fingerprint option ..,Cannot add the face unlock option due to the camera bug...,it's harder always using pattern/pin.,? flashlight ? issue is negligible.....

But mi cloud has no issues and working fine able to login..

Home button isn't working.,full screen guesture option isn't seen in the rom..

May be it's because of the redmi note 4x....it might be good if it's from max3 or mix2s as u done previously.,only hotspot bug majorly

You are too good bro....,you are beastly fast and tough..,???

Last edited:
Reactions: xperia ray

liammc83

Apr 30, 2014
Please fix the camera!!!
I'm not screaming "Donate!!!!!"
I do this for free for a phone I no longer use, please be patient.
Considering all sources from xiaomi are outdated, And this is being done again for FREE with modifications on an ancient netbook.

I also can now verify, I have a working modified vendor/boot image that will run gsi images, But again since problems with vendor no camera, Still working on it.

Reactions: xperia ray

rodrigocalile

Sep 10, 2013
I really liked this rom .. I want to use daily ... only thing that is bothering me is the home button and the camera that is not working? already have a solution? fingerprint to taste .. but you can use with the pin normally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Version : MIUI-11-EU-PIE Easy recovery install.

You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore a phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information / files available on different websites into this thread, I have patched together with cyber spit, bubblegum, and tape, for a pretty much fully working MIUI-11--EU-PIE running rom. With the help from Mohzuned. I have removed what I believe to be all of the bloat. We worked to modify a working pie vendor. Magisk v20 modified boot for root access, Just install magisk manager.

All Credit goes to respective developer/s. I request XDA moderator and or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have forgotten to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following two files to Test MIUI-11-EU-PIE on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). This ROM recovery is ported from the Xiaomi RedMi with many patches and customized from various sources. This ROM maybe Stable enough for your daily use on Mi Max 2. I have access to two MM2 4/64 Global versions using a 1tb sd card one on At&t the other on Tmobile and MOST features I need are currently working.

1a. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270

1b. OrangeFox Recover 10
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ora...n.zip/download

2. MIUI-11-EU-PIE
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lRb49s75rqVV0Kg8C16Eao_BuTPvBWr/view?usp=drivesdk

First step:
    Start your phone into recovery and Flash a Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Boot, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache.

Second step:
    Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use extract tool for android or pc then copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Third step:
    Click Restore and Select System, Boot, Vendor and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any errors, Reboot recovery and try again. Or Mount the System, Vendor, Boot and try again. After Restore completes Reboot. Please allow 1-2 Minutes for first boot.

What works:
    ?

What doesn't work:
    ?

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you make any further updates / patches that makes this ROM more stable / perfect or enables new features, please don't hesitate to message me to include in this thread.

I have an old PC running windows with 8gb max HDD at any one given time, So if you would like to make the recovery image into a flashable zip, I'd be happy to update/add it.
    If you can afford it, Im trying to save for a computer from this decade, any help is appreciated
    https://www.paypal.me/LiamMcGinnisIv

If you would like to use the boot, vendor, system, or any other files, All I ask is pass on the proper credits.

Any Others Who May Have Been Missed

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing )
    Camera, fingerprint and fm radio, dont work, congratulations, good rom. Thanks.
    Bro.......:(

I cannot find the fingerprint option in the rom..?

Firstly I upgraded from the nougat rom.,it made me to suck....it booted but instantly rebooted to recovery on every boot......

Cannot find the fingerprint option ..,Cannot add the face unlock option due to the camera bug...,it's harder always using pattern/pin.,? flashlight ? issue is negligible.....

But mi cloud has no issues and working fine able to login..

Home button isn't working.,full screen guesture option isn't seen in the rom..

May be it's because of the redmi note 4x....it might be good if it's from max3 or mix2s as u done previously.,only hotspot bug majorly

You are too good bro....,you are beastly fast and tough..,???
    Please fix the camera!!!
    He is trying continuously and I believe soon it will be resolved.