[ROM]-Working MIUI Oreo for Mi Max 2 Oxygen [8.1.0]-[stable][Port from Mi Max 3]

Search This thread

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information/ files available on different English/ Chines websites into this thread, hence all Credit goes to respective developer/s. I am not a Developer and can't help you in making any further changes/ update to this ROM. I request XDA moderator and/ or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following files to Teste MIUI Oreo on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). These ROMs are ported from different Xiaomi Redmi/ Mi devices and Stable enough for daily use on Mi Max 2. I have MM2 4/64 Global version. You need ROM files from either S. No. 3 OR 4 as per your choice.

1. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270)
2. LineageOS 15.1 Treble ROM for MM2 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984455)
3. MIUI Oreo ROM ported from Mi Max 3 China version and 5 Patch files (2 patches are Zipped in ROM zip) (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADOiQOH2AEPHPvw&id=675E0DE17AFE7624!1416&cid=675E0DE17AFE7624) (No Gapps included and refer below section for installing Google Play Store)
4. MIUIpro Oreo Rom ported from Redmi Note 4x 8.11.15. This includes Gapps and no need to install Google Play store separately. (https://mega.nz/#!8LxgSK5B!MiUdWqnJltPi_zXdHPAYd_abZhL8LMPdej5FfIfzspQ)

Now don't waste time and start flashing MIUI Oreo rom into MM2.

First step
Start your phone into recovery and Flash the Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache.

Above May have Mounted the System and Vendor after clearing.

Unmount the System and Vendor

Flash LOS-15.1 Rom as a normal zip ROM flashing process and DON'T reboot into system (this will make your phone treble enabled and update vendor automatically). No need to flash anything else.

Second step
Clear/ wipe System only

Mount the Vendor again

Enter the File management in Recovery and Delete following files:

/vendor/etc/permissions/qti_permissions.xml
/vendor/etc/permissions/qcrilhook.xml
/vendor/etc/permissions/telephonyservice.xml
/vendor/framework/qcrilhook.jar
/vendor/framework/QtiTelephonyServicelibrary.jar
/vendor/app/ has *.apk, delete /vendor/app/*.apk remaining (all apk in all sub-folder under /vendor/app/ folder)

Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use unzip in pc and copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Click Restore and Select only System and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any error, Mount the Vendor and try again Restore System process. After Restore completes DON'T Reboot.

Third step
Mount the Vendor and System again.

Flash Patch1 and Patch2

Flash BrightnessFix, WifiFix and SoundFix

Clear only DATA and boot into System. Wait for upto 10 Minutes or more to boot into System.

Warning: When you Flash the patch files, please mount the System and Vendor first to avoid error 7.

What work:
Camera, Fingerprint, Face unlock, Wifi, Sound, VoLte (No ECHO issue), Auto Brightness, OnScreen HW buttons

What doesn't work:
Some people can't log in to Xiaomi account. Don't try to Flash Dolby sound.
The dual 4G is not working. There may be potential signal problems for some user but I didn't faced in Delhi with Airtel operator. Eye protection mode/ reading mode.

Since base MIUI Oreo rom is Chinese version no Gapps included. To get Play store DO'NOT flash Gapps. You need Google app to have Play store working. Search on Google for more info or try as per link (https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/install-google-play-xiaomi-3676150/).

Guys, this is a nearly perfect MIUI Oreo package for our lovely Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen), miui pie's camera can't be used in this ROM. Since Xiaomi does not released the updated Kernel source for our Device, user may not be able to change the In Call Volume.

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you found any further update/ patch that makes this ROM more stable/ perfect or enables new feature, please don't hesitate to ping me to include in this thread.

I am not including any Screen Shot as all MIUI Roms looks same and there is No UI change based on Android Version in MIUI.

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing :)

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I will give it a whirl. Does it have night mode feature in developer settings?

can't see the extract button in recovery mate
i've done all the steps apart from extracting the rom files which i assume you mean the mi max 3 folder. there is no option in recovery to extract can see mate.

Last edited:

shingers5

I will give it a whirl. Does it have night mode feature in developer settings?

can't see the extract button in recovery mate
i've done all the steps apart from extracting the rom files which i assume you mean the mi max 3 folder. there is no option in recovery to extract can see mate.

i had to manually extract files in windows and add to correct folders. please state that or add instructions as you stated. i then finished the steps and it booted fine. i got a internal system error and cant get past the xiaomi account. it wont let me log in or skip as saying unable to get device security and try again. i will try and flash again shortly following the steps to ensure success

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
i had to manually extract files in windows and add to correct folders. please state that or add instructions as you stated. i then finished the steps and it booted fine. i got a internal system error and cant get past the xiaomi account. it wont let me log in or skip as saying unable to get device security and try again. i will try and flash again shortly following the steps to ensure success

Yeah... that's the correct steps for extract to recovery backup folder. Anyway I added the same in OP now.

Just check you have Internet working while login in Xiaomi account. It takes some minutes to get mobile data activation on first boot.

shingers5

Yeah... that's the correct steps for extract to recovery backup folder. Anyway I added the same in OP now.

Just check you have Internet working while login in Xiaomi account. It takes some minutes to get mobile data activation on first boot.

well it doesnt you need to add apn manually for me then save. but if you don't see it at first you just go out and back in you see it
to bypass that xiaomi account step just dont connect to wifi during setup it will fly past that. i am home screen now and i really like it. its full mi max 3 rom and you get the gestures as well as the hardware buttons. i recommend everyone to try it. i have full screen gestures and the hardware keys are also fully functional. no more back button to go back just swipe from left/right side and voila. its the chinese version of mi max 3 rom so just English but i have a mi max 3 so its no bother. use google app to install google services and thats that

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

only worry i have is battery drain as with these ports this is always an issue. could you provide direct link to the actual ROM thread so i can keep up to date with it or will you be doing that?

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
well it doesnt you need to add apn manually for me then save. but if you don't see it at first you just go out and back in you see it
to bypass that xiaomi account step just dont connect to wifi during setup it will fly past that. i am home screen now and i really like it. its full mi max 3 rom and you get the gestures as well as the hardware buttons. i recommend everyone to try it. i have full screen gestures and the hardware keys are also fully functional. no more back button to go back just swipe from left/right side and voila. its the chinese version of mi max 3 rom so just English but i have a mi max 3 so its no bother. use google app to install google services and thats that
It's good to know that you successfully flashed this.

Enjoy it and if other users also facing same apn issue, I will add that in OP. I didn't faced that apn issue. :)

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

only worry i have is battery drain as with these ports this is always an issue. could you provide direct link to the actual ROM thread so i can keep up to date with it or will you be doing that?
Nope, I am not a developer but a user and can't update.

I even don't have direct link of Chinese thread. I just got rom/ patch download link from mm2 telegram group.

Would it be possible for you to update it from the files available in download section.

shingers5

Nope, I am not a developer but a user and can't update.

I even don't have direct link of Chinese thread. I just got rom/ patch download link from mm2 telegram group.

Would it be possible for you to update it from the files available in download section.

no we need the link to the thread for updates. cant find it anywhere as they will keep updating as they fix the bugs

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
its miui mate dont.need any the only major thing is android oreo

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

no matter what i try i cant get to sign in with mi.account. error authenticating device every time.
It's sad to hear that you are not able to sign in Xiaomi account. But I signed in easily while setting up phone in first boot setup itself.

Last edited:

lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
May the pie works too.. there is a hope , let's see..

@lekhraj.gupta@gmail.com can I try.. if we can update it to latest..

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I already tried many Pie roms and in my view we need Sound fix and Brightness fix (Pie based) to boot into system. Pie roms boots till boot animation and reboot itself before initial setup screen.

Anyway you can try and check where is the issue as you are a developer. I am sure you will find the solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information/ files available on different English/ Chines websites into this thread, hence all Credit goes to respective developer/s. I am not a Developer and can't help you in making any further changes/ update to this ROM. I request XDA moderator and/ or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following files to Teste MIUI Oreo on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). These ROMs are ported from different Xiaomi Redmi/ Mi devices and Stable enough for daily use on Mi Max 2. I have MM2 4/64 Global version. You need ROM files from either S. No. 3 OR 4 as per your choice.

1. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270)
    2. LineageOS 15.1 Treble ROM for MM2 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984455)
    3. MIUI Oreo ROM ported from Mi Max 3 China version and 5 Patch files (2 patches are Zipped in ROM zip) (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADOiQOH2AEPHPvw&id=675E0DE17AFE7624!1416&cid=675E0DE17AFE7624) (No Gapps included and refer below section for installing Google Play Store)
    4. MIUIpro Oreo Rom ported from Redmi Note 4x 8.11.15. This includes Gapps and no need to install Google Play store separately. (https://mega.nz/#!8LxgSK5B!MiUdWqnJltPi_zXdHPAYd_abZhL8LMPdej5FfIfzspQ)

Now don't waste time and start flashing MIUI Oreo rom into MM2.

First step
    Start your phone into recovery and Flash the Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache.

Above May have Mounted the System and Vendor after clearing.

Unmount the System and Vendor

Flash LOS-15.1 Rom as a normal zip ROM flashing process and DON'T reboot into system (this will make your phone treble enabled and update vendor automatically). No need to flash anything else.

Second step
    Clear/ wipe System only

Mount the Vendor again

Enter the File management in Recovery and Delete following files:

/vendor/etc/permissions/qti_permissions.xml
    /vendor/etc/permissions/qcrilhook.xml
    /vendor/etc/permissions/telephonyservice.xml
    /vendor/framework/qcrilhook.jar
    /vendor/framework/QtiTelephonyServicelibrary.jar
    /vendor/app/ has *.apk, delete /vendor/app/*.apk remaining (all apk in all sub-folder under /vendor/app/ folder)

Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use unzip in pc and copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Click Restore and Select only System and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any error, Mount the Vendor and try again Restore System process. After Restore completes DON'T Reboot.

Third step

Flash Patch1 and Patch2

Flash BrightnessFix, WifiFix and SoundFix

Clear only DATA and boot into System. Wait for upto 10 Minutes or more to boot into System.

Warning: When you Flash the patch files, please mount the System and Vendor first to avoid error 7.

What work:
    Camera, Fingerprint, Face unlock, Wifi, Sound, VoLte (No ECHO issue), Auto Brightness, OnScreen HW buttons

What doesn't work:
    Some people can't log in to Xiaomi account. Don't try to Flash Dolby sound.
    The dual 4G is not working. There may be potential signal problems for some user but I didn't faced in Delhi with Airtel operator. Eye protection mode/ reading mode.

Since base MIUI Oreo rom is Chinese version no Gapps included. To get Play store DO'NOT flash Gapps. You need Google app to have Play store working. Search on Google for more info or try as per link (https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/install-google-play-xiaomi-3676150/).

Guys, this is a nearly perfect MIUI Oreo package for our lovely Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen), miui pie's camera can't be used in this ROM. Since Xiaomi does not released the updated Kernel source for our Device, user may not be able to change the In Call Volume.

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you found any further update/ patch that makes this ROM more stable/ perfect or enables new feature, please don't hesitate to ping me to include in this thread.

I am not including any Screen Shot as all MIUI Roms looks same and there is No UI change based on Android Version in MIUI.

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing :)
    I tried the port of mido but it didn't start
    I have two versions that work ( boot, most main features work ) but have many bugs. And old security patches..
    But working on it when time permits

Edit:
    Bugs down to three that I can notice. Will keep y'all updated on progress.
    In hopes it'll be ready by the end of the week.
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117932756

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Hello, would you be able to port the redmi s2 rom since it has the same hardware as our Mi Max 2 and already receives the Android Pie? Sorry for the english, it was all via Google. Thank you.

I have finally uploaded the redmi oreo port some have been pming about. Nothing needs done, other than a restore. Took everything about the complicated install out.

Also have finally harnessed, unbloated, rooted,compressed, and uploaded a working stable-ish miui 10 pie ( I say ish because everything I use works, But depending on the user, I'm sure something's off. Great thing though about android, Can't make everyone happy. ) https://xdaforums.com/mi-max-2/development/rom-miui-pie-mi-max-2-oxygen-t3956979

But also know my personal daily driver is havoc 2.8 , But with a working miui 10 pie now accessible, it should open a few doors for I'd hope future dev, as well as android q :angel:
    did you get anything?
    Yeah sorry I have it.
    Just been going on short family holidays without stable internet.

I need to find a comp to make a flashable zip, and upload it. Old PC here 8gb free, ect...just problems with space , and time. But it will get done.

I still prefer havoc v2.8 , worst case I'll upload a twrp backup as my phone has Much more space than an old windows PC.
    I tried to boot this one on device..

I already tried many Pie roms and in my view we need Sound fix and Brightness fix (Pie based) to boot into system. Pie roms boots till boot animation and reboot itself before initial setup screen.

Anyway you can try and check where is the issue as you are a developer. I am sure you will find the solution.

It have lots of bugs.. charging have issues too..
    Google Integration have to be done and almost everything is in Chinese.. and even notifications are in Chinese..

Well I try to boot pie properly.. but I don't think this is of any use till we make it properly stable.. Tomorrow is my last exam I work on this from tomorrow and hope RR will be there soon.. let's give it a try

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

its miui mate dont.need any the only major thing is android oreo

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

no matter what i try i cant get to sign in with mi.account. error authenticating device every time.

Are you not from India ?? May be this is due to different regions or something, by the way region never matters here.. lol.. :D

I can able to sign in just in start , it locked my devices asked for my password to activate device and its signed it directly.. no extra effort , just am scared of those Chinese notifications.. really don't know what's written there.. :silly: