[ROM]-Working MIUI PIE for Mi Max 2 Oxygen [9]-[stable-ish][Port MM3]

Search This thread

Rohith Pillalamarri

Oct 30, 2018
Warangal
Give it a try once, it doesn't harm your device I guess.,but cannot assure u of that

Rohith Pillalamarri,could you tell me what are the lines of buildprop to change the language, I would like to change to Portuguese / Brazil.

I cannot assure you of that language to every rom,but you can give a try and should have to know the short code of your country name and language to edit in buildprop.,frst give it a try and reply me again

If you find any other Brazil/Portugese language ROM,check its buildprop for the lines and shortcutcodes to enter.

Jan 13, 2016
Adelaide
sorry if this is off topic.

Just started playing around with different vendors from different custom os'es like Havoc os, Pixel rom, Arrow os, liammc83 MM3 port to MM2 vendor etc for installing Erfan GSi treble images.

Some vendor's are resulting in bootloop where as one vendor from Havoc os which i played with resulted in no bootloop but boots forever without any reboot nor booting in to the OS.

Has anyone tried playing with Vendor images for Mi Max 2 for future GSI treble installations.

ridershahmir

Dec 5, 2012

Just started playing around with different vendors from different custom os'es like Havoc os, Pixel rom, Arrow os, liammc83 MM3 port to MM2 vendor etc for installing Erfan GSi treble images.

Some vendor's are resulting in bootloop where as one vendor from Havoc os which i played with resulted in no bootloop but boots forever without any reboot nor booting in to the OS.

Has anyone tried playing with Vendor images for Mi Max 2 for future GSI treble installations.
Treble is broken on our device.

liammc83

Apr 30, 2014

I am still trying to find sometime, But as of today I grabbed a Razer phone 2 from amazon for cheap (300$). Mainly got tired of not having all bands for my carrier. ( instead of 1.8mb down, Now getting 65+ Since it arrived today Easily twrp/havoc 2.8 gsi, running super smooth benching at 290000k +

Wanted an aog 2, or k 20 pro, But I need me an SD card slot for personal reasons. So this was a no brainer ;)

But back to your question, yeah, its our old vendor, since it's not 8,9, it makes using gsi images a pita..But it also seems newer miui 10 pie versions use f2 file system rather than ex4, unless I'm mistaken..Its my next plan to mess with.

beingtejas will in hopes clarify.. If you make any progress, be sure to share.

Last edited:

ridershahmir

Dec 5, 2012
I am still trying to find sometime, But as of today I grabbed a Razer phone 2 from amazon for cheap (300$). Mainly got tired of not having all bands for my carrier. ( instead of 1.8mb down, Now getting 65+ Since it arrived today Easily twrp/havoc 2.8 gsi, running super smooth benching at 290000k +

Wanted an aog 2, or k 20 pro, But I need me an SD card slot for personal reasons. So this was a no brainer ;)

But back to your question, yeah, its our old vendor, since it's not 8,9, it makes using gsi images a pita..But it also seems newer miui 10 pie versions use f2 file system rather than ex4, unless I'm mistaken..Its my next plan to mess with.

beingtejas will in hopes clarify.. If you make any progress, be sure to share.
Let's hope you guys succeed. Android 10,would be huge favor man. ❤️

beingtejas

Apr 9, 2014
NAGPUR
Yeah can understand that

same old ones.... finger print erasing after reboot, apps crashing or just showing black screen i couldn't even sign into google for playstore

As China ROMs not support Google apps properly this happens and may need whole ROMs port from china to be rebased like xiaomi.eu ROMs.. they use China beta but it work like global ROMs.. better you try latest havoc os , it's fairly stable and reliable..

About this port it's a great job done by liammc83 bro.. but some China ROMs port bugs remains.. :good:

Chall-ID

Sep 14, 2019
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and Sorry, I use language translation.
I found a way to change the theme and also the font style on this ROM port without returning to the beginning
1. Flash the rom nougat miui stock, then reboot the phone. Start the cellphone as usual until you enter the menu and don't enter this account. After that root the cellphone with Magisk v19.3
2. Go back to recovery then restore oreo port rom ( don't clear system, boot, data and vendor ). I took the oreo rom from this posting link. After a successful restore, reboot the phone as usual, wait for it to enter the menu.
3. After successfully entering the menu, enter the recovery and restore ROM MI Pie Port from Mi Max 3 ( don't clear system, boot, data, vendor )and reboot the cellphone, wait until the cell phone enters the menu.

Constraints that I found: google play service error (clear data from apk)
Uninstall the Google Play Store and install it from the MIUI App Store

At the moment I am still trying to find a way to prevent the fingerprint from being lost after the phone is rebooted and also for the hotspot to work

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohith Pillalamarri

[email protected]

Jun 3, 2017
Delhi
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and Sorry, I use language translation.
I found a way to change the theme and also the font style on this ROM port without returning to the beginning
1. Flash the rom nougat miui stock, then reboot the phone. Start the cellphone as usual until you enter the menu and don't enter this account. After that root the cellphone with Magisk v19.3
2. Go back to recovery then restore oreo port rom ( don't clear system, boot, data and vendor ). I took the oreo rom from this posting link. After a successful restore, reboot the phone as usual, wait for it to enter the menu.
3. After successfully entering the menu, enter the recovery and restore ROM MI Pie Port from Mi Max 3 ( don't clear system, boot, data, vendor )and reboot the cellphone, wait until the cell phone enters the menu.

Constraints that I found: google play service error (clear data from apk)
Uninstall the Google Play Store and install it from the MIUI App Store

At the moment I am still trying to find a way to prevent the fingerprint from being lost after the phone is rebooted and also for the hotspot to work
some lengthy process but good to have a solution, which works. :cowboy:

spicy_mahendra

Jul 14, 2019
Call receiving style

Hello there, New Bee here
want to ask if title is Oxygen Os.. what will be my call receiving style after installing this ROM, will it like one plus or stock andriod .. in layman terms I want wsipe down to receive the call and not like in Stock Andriod of swipe up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Version : MIUI 10 Pie 9 Ported From MM3 Easy recovery install.

You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore a phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information / files available on different websites into this thread, I have patched together with cyber spit, bubblegum, and tape, for a pretty much fully working Miui 10 PIE running rom. I have removed what I believe to be all of the bloat. Worked to modify a working miui pie vendor. Magisk 19.4 installer is all ready included as well as the modified boot for root access. The playstore installer is also included for a fully functioning playstore.

All Credit goes to respective developer/s included in the install.txt within the zip file. I request XDA moderator and or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have forgotten to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following two files to Test MIUI PIE on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). This ROM recovery is ported from the Xiaomi MM3 with many patches and customized from various sources. This ROM maybe Stable enough for your daily use on Mi Max 2. I have access to two MM2 4/64 Global versions using a 1tb sd card one on At&t the other on Tmobile and all features I need are currently working.

1a. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270

1b. OrangeFox Recover 10
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/oxygen/OrangeFox-R10.0-Stable-oxygen.zip/download

2. MIUI 10 Pie ROM ported from MM3.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KfWqQmi7bN_yXZfgVzxiifWuS2jDozCr

First step:
    Start your phone into recovery and Flash a Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Boot, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache. No need to wipe internals per txt.

Second step:
    Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use extract tool for android or pc then copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Third step:
    Click Restore and Select System, Boot, Vendor and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any errors, Reboot recovery and try again. Or Mount the System, Vendor, Boot and try again. After Restore completes Reboot. Please allow 3-5 Minutes for first boot.

What works:
    Cell Service, Wifi 5ghz/2.4ghz, Bluetooth, Torch, Camera, Fingerprint, Sound, Auto Brightness, On Screen & HW buttons.

Now verified from users : LTE , Face unlock.

What doesn't work:
    Some people can't log in to Xiaomi account ( I do not use it, So I can not verify either or).
    I do not have dual 4G sims so I can not verify if its working. There may be potential signal problems for some user but I didn't faced in USA with Tmobile, Or AT&T operators.
    Eye protection mode/ reading mode 100% does not work, But similar apps available within the play store.

Since base MIUI PIE rom is Chinese version no Gapps included. To get Play store DO NOT flash Gapps. Run Play.Store.Installer (Included)

Guys, this is a nearly perfect MIUI PIE package for our lovely Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen).

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you make any further updates / patches that makes this ROM more stable / perfect or enables new features, please don't hesitate to message me to include in this thread.

I have an old PC running windows with 8gb max at any one given time, So if you would like to make the recovery image into a flashable zip, I'd be happy to update/add it.
    If you can afford it, Im trying to save for a computer from this decade, any help is appreciated
    https://www.paypal.me/LiamMcGinnisIv

If you would like to use the boot, vendor, system, or any other files, All I ask is pass on the proper credits. With this we should be able to have a fully functioning android Q in the near future (Currently toying around with fair progress in the free time).

Credits : liammc83 HR83 beingtejas letolover77
    deadKat lekhraj.gupta V-vk3 darthJabb9
    cochi52 & Any Others Who May Have Been Missed

I am not including any Screen Shot as all MIUI Roms looks same and there is No major UI change based on Android Version in MIUI.

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing :))
    When you are not sure why didn't you read and why even you try

I just tried this ROM. This is the ever built horrible ROM. Even u can't see ur Google contacts even in official Google contact app. And every stock app are in Chinese language. Camera can't switch between different mods. Just role back to new ROM after in few hours. Plz don't do this again without testing custom ROM.

It's ported from max 3 , so ofcourse it will have Chinese apps as the device have a chinese miui rom..
    Its not horrible man.. but your knowledge is,

First read reviews , ask guys around here then only try.. else stay what is better.. nobody is forcing you to flash rom on your device..
    It takes lots of hardwork and frustration ( that you can't imagine)
    So choose your words wisely :good:
    I flashed the rom.
    Every app from google playstore ask for wifi setup inorder to get installed :confused: .( To fix that change settings from download app)

Fingerprint data disappears after a reboot. Fingerprint unlock is a bit slow. Itz OK. But face unlock works quick

LTE Works without any problem.

The inbuilt keyboard is a bit weird though :eek:

Kernal used is Hardrock 3.18.134

Also, can't sign-in to MI account. (I don't need it actually)

Other than these. It is smooth.
    You can flash V5 kernel

I flashed the rom.
    Every app from google playstore ask for wifi setup inorder to get installed :confused: .( To fix that change settings from download app)

Fingerprint data disappears after a reboot. Fingerprint unlock is a bit slow. Itz OK. But face unlock works quick

LTE Works without any problem.

The inbuilt keyboard is a bit weird though :eek:

Kernal used is Hardrock 3.18.134

Also, can't sign-in to MI account. (I don't need it actually)

Other than these. It is smooth.

V5 kernel is 3.18.140, with lots of optimization from base..
    I just tried this ROM. This is the ever built horrible ROM. Even u can't see ur Google contacts even in official Google contact app. And every stock app are in Chinese language. Camera can't switch between different mods. Just role back to new ROM after in few hours. Plz don't do this again without testing custom ROM.

Hey Buddy. Things doesn't work like you wish. You are complaining because of your ignorance. I'm right now using this ROM and is not horrible as you said. It just has a few bugs. I don't have any issues you said. I did sync my contacts without any problem(try rebooting), i can easily switch btwn cameras. Every thing you see are chinese because it is ported from chinese version( if you didn't like chinese then you shld hav read the instructions)
    By the way, this rom has good battery backup just like Havoc OS.

NB:- It takes much brain and time for the devs to develop roms. So instead of complaining, take a break to appreciate and report the bugs. :silly:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone