[ROM][WWE][01.11.2010] OzDROID ROM 2.00 24635 | 21916 Bare WM ROM With Bootloader

Search This thread

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Welcome to OzDROID ROM

screen01y.png
    screen05i.png
    screen04x.png

A Stripped back ROM for FAST booting into Android using the integrated boot loader, while keeping the look and flavour of OzROM.

Summary of features:

• Windows Mobile 6.5.5 24635 | 6.5 21916
    • CleanDROID Boot Loader (Thanks Jo!)
    • CleanEX Tweaked Base (TMOUS compatible)
    • Titanium Interface (so we don't have to see the horrible WM5 home screen :p)
    • Chainfire Turbo3D
    • Livven Theme
    • Icons by Dinik
    • Tom's Autoinstall
    I've included some useful apps:

• G-Sensor Calibrator (calibrate in WM before booting to Android - can apparently help avoid screen freezes)
    • Camera (until we get a decent one in Android)
    • HTC Keyboard
    • Internet Sharing & WiFi Router
    • Regedit
    • QuickGPS
    • PIMBackup
    • Internet Explorer
    • Format SD card
    • Ameba
    • Still has WM system apps - SMS, Email, Contacts, Calendar
    • Sim Toolkit/Manager (Enable this with cab found in your My Documents folder, then soft-reset)
    CleanDROID boot loader will detect your Android installation on first boot. If no Android is found, it will inform you and ask if you would like the bootloader disabled. - If you choose no, an error will occur. Instead, just delete the shortcut from the /Windows/Startup folder...this will be fixed soon.
    If you want to use another boot loader, just delete the shortcut from /Windows/Startup.

The loader will appear on each reboot with the choice of booting into WM or Android. There is also a start menu shortcut to the boot loader.

downloadf.png

NOTE
    This ROM does not contain Android, it is merely a way to have fast access to Windows Mobile in order to boot Android with a built in boot loader.
    There are many Android builds to choose from and they should all work perfectly well on OzDROID :)

Last edited:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
    Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia
    CHANGELOG

V2.00
    • 6.5.5 ROM updated to 24635
    • Updated several HTC packages including
    • Added HTC Keyboard to replace default WM keyboard

V1.11
    • ROM now available in 6.5.5 (24627) or 6.5 (21916)
    • Have now included SIM Manager/Toolkit. To enable this, install the cab in your My Documents folder then soft-reset.
    • Added QuickGPS

V1.10
    • Updated to new ROM Base
    • Changed the way the boot loader is launched at start up - it should now appear much quicker...please report any issues you find.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dizzle

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
    Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia

SatScan

Inactive Recognized Developer
    Dec 29, 2005
    Comes and go as stardust
    Mixed? Yeah Mixed grills i love! Threads? NO!

He There,

With all respect to you! I think that this post is in the wrong place... there is NO android build in this release.

Most other WM HD2 roms are android friendly (no robot-voice and so on).
    Now we get a mixed up thread.

Better is this to move to WM HD2 thread.

Grtz,

Sorry, English only :)

try reading post #1 again ;)

It's NOT Android...it's a very small Windows Mobile ROM designed only for running Android...

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
    Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia
    He There,

With all respect to you! I think that this post is in the wrong place... there is NO android build in this release.

Most other WM HD2 roms are android friendly (no robot-voice and so on).
    Now we get a mixed up thread.

Better is this to move to WM HD2 thread.

Grtz,

I agree I did get confused myself

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

With all respect to you...Chuckydroid ROM has been in this forum for a long time...

And if you read the post properly, it's not difficult to see it not Android....

This is not an everyday use ROM, thats why I cant put it in the ROM section...it is SOLEY for use with Android.

PLUS: I intend to either develop my own build, or look at including another.....

Last edited:

Jammie_1989

Nov 28, 2009
    Manchester
    With all respect to you...Chuckydroid ROM has been in this forum for a long time...

And if you read the post properly, it's not difficult to see it not Android....

This is not an everyday use ROM, thats why I cant put it in the ROM section...it is SOLEY for use with Android.

PLUS: I intend to either develop my own build, or look at including another.....

Everything works fine :D is it possible to literally have nothing in windows mobile even more barebone than this and just have the android bootloader without the wm option. Im not talking about NAND before people ask :D

tuesdayd

Jul 23, 2009
    Plantation, FL
    I've noticed the camcorder freezing for a few frames at a time. Could just be me, but I thought I'd mention it in case there might be others with the same issue. I've gone back to OzROM 5 for the time being where this isn't an issue. I'll reflash OzDROID later to see if it wasn't just a fluke, but for now I need the camcorder, and it's working for me without freezes in 5.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
    Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia
    I've noticed the camcorder freezing for a few frames at a time. Could just be me, but I thought I'd mention it in case there might be others with the same issue. I've gone back to OzROM 5 for the time being where this isn't an issue. I'll reflash OzDROID later to see if it wasn't just a fluke, but for now I need the camcorder, and it's working for me without freezes in 5.

Thanks, will check that out....

yongck7

Jun 8, 2009
    It should work, though I haven't tested it as there are no GPS apps installed with it.

Hi scotsman,

I was dreaming about it couple of days ago this simple WM ROM that cater for Android. Reason:reserve the scare memory for Android which I believe it will make Android run faster and stable.

I believe those who converted to Andorid will never go back to Android, except for wifi hotspot.

Can you help confirm the wifi router is still functional in the wanderful ROM?

Side track to Android, (1) can you share what is the correct setting for autokiller? (2) I have tried few photo views and they are no good, can't match with WM photo view app (eg resco photo manager). Any good recommandation?

Thanks.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
    Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia

Just tested the camcorder...it seems to be working absolutely fine for me...might be worth you trying it again if you get a chance...:)

I'll release an update to this ROM tomorrow...boot loader will appear much quicker after a reboot ;)

So if you notice any more issues or have any suggestions, let me know and I'll see what I can do tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Welcome to OzDROID ROM

screen01y.png
      screen05i.png
      screen04x.png

A Stripped back ROM for FAST booting into Android using the integrated boot loader, while keeping the look and flavour of OzROM.

Summary of features:

• Windows Mobile 6.5.5 24635 | 6.5 21916
      • CleanDROID Boot Loader (Thanks Jo!)
      • CleanEX Tweaked Base (TMOUS compatible)
      • Titanium Interface (so we don't have to see the horrible WM5 home screen :p)
      • Chainfire Turbo3D
      • Livven Theme
      • Icons by Dinik
      • Tom's Autoinstall
      I've included some useful apps:

• G-Sensor Calibrator (calibrate in WM before booting to Android - can apparently help avoid screen freezes)
      • Camera (until we get a decent one in Android)
      • HTC Keyboard
      • Internet Sharing & WiFi Router
      • Regedit
      • QuickGPS
      • PIMBackup
      • Internet Explorer
      • Format SD card
      • Ameba
      • Still has WM system apps - SMS, Email, Contacts, Calendar
      • Sim Toolkit/Manager (Enable this with cab found in your My Documents folder, then soft-reset)
      CleanDROID boot loader will detect your Android installation on first boot. If no Android is found, it will inform you and ask if you would like the bootloader disabled. - If you choose no, an error will occur. Instead, just delete the shortcut from the /Windows/Startup folder...this will be fixed soon.
      If you want to use another boot loader, just delete the shortcut from /Windows/Startup.

The loader will appear on each reboot with the choice of booting into WM or Android. There is also a start menu shortcut to the boot loader.

downloadf.png

NOTE
      This ROM does not contain Android, it is merely a way to have fast access to Windows Mobile in order to boot Android with a built in boot loader.
      There are many Android builds to choose from and they should all work perfectly well on OzDROID :)
      CHANGELOG

V2.00
      • 6.5.5 ROM updated to 24635
      • Updated several HTC packages including
      • Added HTC Keyboard to replace default WM keyboard

V1.11
      • ROM now available in 6.5.5 (24627) or 6.5 (21916)
      • Have now included SIM Manager/Toolkit. To enable this, install the cab in your My Documents folder then soft-reset.
      • Added QuickGPS

V1.10
      • Updated to new ROM Base
      • Changed the way the boot loader is launched at start up - it should now appear much quicker...please report any issues you find.
      Yep, mostly 3.14 and is TMOUS compatible.