[ROM][WWE][12/31/09][WM6.5.3.3 28205] Da_G's Test ROM, take 2!

Search This thread

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
the ruu.exe will pick up any .nbh in the same folder as the .exe, you can even have multiple ones (but it chooses the first alphabetical one)

If you want to copy it to the SD and flash that way, it must be named raphimg.nbh and be in the root folder (\Storage Card\) - but with the ruu.exe no need to rename :)

thanks

figured you were trying to express your "inner pirate" with a file name like yarrr :D

svanheulen

Aug 14, 2007
Wow, I really like the new bottom bar. Thanks so much for the updates Da_G!

Two questions: Is there a registry setting someplace to get the keyboard settings back? (So I can disable auto-complete.) And where can I find the "Lock device when display is turned off" setting in the registry? Because that option wont stick if I set it through the GUI.

livingspring

Mar 14, 2007
Accra
just flashed this rom and i must admit i like it
i however cant send or receive text messages
Anyone else experiencing this problem
UPDATE
Reflashed the Rom all is working out of the box.
Thanks

Last edited:

edhaas

Feb 19, 2006
New York City
www.edwardhaas.com
Missing settings

bigswerve, mdsharp, svanjeulen: Use a registry editor. Go to HKLM>ControlPanel There you will find keys for Input, and Owner. If you delete the "redirect" entries you will find when you click on those keys, then soft-reset, the owner information and input settings will return.

Regards,

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
23409.png

neilson

Oct 14, 2007
No. This ROM will only work on an HTC Fuze or HTC Touch Pro (with setting registry entry CWSLayout = 0) - GSM ONLY!
So then who is your CDMA point of contact(either on here or at PPCGeeks) that you pass your builds along to, so that they in turn can make them CDMA compatible?

dario69

Dec 13, 2006
Everything works fine at this point except for the Smarttouch wheel. Settings are there in the registry for my programs to take advantage of it but the wheel is doing nothing. It worked fine prior to the build so I think it must be software related. I will search for a cab to fix this. I have run into this before with some custom roms. I noticed Herg has a cab for the scroll wheel for his latest rom but that didn't work.

Otherwise this is running pretty sweet. Thanks for the Pirate link too.

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Re: CDMA builds, I don't pass them on to anyone in particular, but I post them up in Development & Hacking for any Chef from any forum to use. I'm sure there's someone over there who has picked them up and hit the road running :)

@Venelar:

Good call on that image, I don't know why I didnt' put it in the first post, it is now!

Re: The smart touch wheel, jotted it down, don't use it so I didn't notice it not working, but I see it now, i'll get on it :)

So,

TODO:

* Fix MMS
* Fix SmartTouch Wheel
* does SMS work? (one report it doesn't)

sahiljain22

Mar 28, 2006

FYI - I can send & receive SMS fine. No hiccups.

I did had one issue earlier today when the touch pro didn't seem to realize that it was connected to USB and give me a prompt (was that intentional?)

Skaryd

Dec 18, 2007
From my usage: 23409 version.

I am very excited about the dialer and the answering interface while LOCKED.
The speed seems better then many tuned ROMs here on Xdev.
Sms works without problems.
Tested GPS, the lag seemed better. It seemed as if i was even "further" then i was at the moment. Then after several minutes it "fell" back into a small "backward" situation we all know from the regular ROM. But i would say it still was more precise.

What i miss:
1 - i miss Settings for "Input". The place you set keyboard repeat frequency, and T9, and word completion. Long press on keyboard icon while writing doesnt show any options just "Keyboard and Transcriber". I would like to disable world completion for example.
2 - the setting "lock on deactivating of display" doesnt work. It unchecks from itself once you press OK. (Settings - Lock - Lock device when display is turned off)

Otherwise it quickly became the ROM of my choice.

Last edited:

jsmith8858

Nov 11, 2008
Boston
Was wondering if anyone using this would mind posting a few more screenshots? The last time I tried one of these newer builds, the menus were awful, you could only see like 3 items on the screen at a time, and the messaging "inbox" only showed like 4 emails at a time with tons of spacing between them. It really irked me! Was wondering if it's been getting any better with these latest builds? I am all for "finger-friendly", but some of the changes were sort of silly looking. Plus, it would be helpful for people to post shots of any other parts of the UI that could use some work.

In other words, sometimes instead of just posting the screens that look nice on these latest builds, it would be helpful to also post the screens that don't, to help people judge for themselves how things are progressing and decide if the worst parts of the UI still needing work and are deal breakers before downloading + flashing a new ROM.

Natedogs911

Apr 7, 2009
Great job on the rom,
works great. speed is awesome. great feedback from the buttons.

i was installing some apps, rebooted and it stuck on the splash screen. tried it several times, then had to hard reset.

was wondering if you think it was my phone or something i installed.

Installed opera 9.7b1, and flash support using the FixOperaFlash cab.
and stupidly i did not reboot when asked. also then installed advanced config and nikoan89's ezinput 2.1.

after that it would not start. trying to duplicate later this afternoon.
sorry for the long post just thought it was interesting

dario69

Dec 13, 2006
Interesting potential bug. I put this on my work phone which doesn't have data then switched sim cards to my personal account that has data. I noticed my download speeds were barely the Edge variety - 150-180kb. I then took my personal sim and put it back on my other Fuze that has EnergyRom. I got 1100kb speeds using the DSL Mobile URL.

I went into connections and noticed the Select a Modem was Cellurar Line GPRS and not the usual (GPRS, 3G). When I try to add a new connection the GRPS, 3G isn't available. Just GPRS and Hayes Modem. Not sure if this even matters but I thought I would add this in case it does.

Otherwise I am loving this Rom. I am keeping for my work line. In fact, I am digging keeping this minimal as possible. Barely installed anything. Other than the larger spacing on the menu's - in some cases I like it, in others I don't - I am liking this new approach by MS for the most part. Also, I think the uncompressed approach rocks. This sucker is smoking. Thanks for a great rom

barrym1

Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Dario, I am noticing the same thing with the data speed. I didn't really check until I read your post, however, I show the same problem with the GPRS and no 3g option.