[ROM][WWE][Mar 3]Dutty's HD V2.1 XTREME [5.2.21017.1.6.0.]Test4

Search This thread

Svenbee

Feb 6, 2006
UK
Evening

I fancy flashing my ROM with this but have a quick question (yes I have scanned the Wikki) When the flash process is complete how do I make the Touch HD realise that I want to use Orange UK as my provider?

I fully understand how to flash a ROM and did it a while back with an older model phone but don't understand how you align your newly flashed ROM with your original provider.

Any help greatfully received.

Cheers

H

I flashed my ROM many times. Once you finished flashing Dutty's V2.1, the HD will reboot and you will be presented with two options:
1)import SIM contacts
2)setup provider

after clicking next with the the provider box ticked, it offered Orange automatically as a provider and downloaded the settings. A further reboot and all is sorted.
hope this helps.

Railgun76

Feb 7, 2009
Carate Brianza
I have been flashing Dutty's ROM since 1.8 and went trought all the Manila bugs and problems in general.
Today I flashed 2.1 and I must say that it is absolutely the most fast and stable I tried up to now.

I am very satisfied of the performance and would like to thank again everyone that made this possible. (To Dutty I donated however)

I also want to make others aware that eventually there is already a Theme avaiable for the new manila here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=490000

I eagerly await for news regarding 2.2 !

Lx

May 24, 2003
Help! letter recogniser doesn't work on this ROM!

Hi all, first, thanks Dutty for baking this rom!
But.... My letter recogniser doesn't work on this rom although it did on the OEM wm6.1 and touch flo new out of the box..

Its the enable_recognisers.cab (or something like that) that floats around here on the forum.
Worked on my artemis and on my new Touch HD but not with this ROM sadly..
please advice?

Thanks!

2unique

Jul 7, 2008
Bangkok
www.tastythai.com
You don't need the enable landscape cab to rotate HTC album, it's automatic.

I'm testing 2.2 right now, and can so far report;

1. The enable landscape cab is still causing the camera orientation issues. Not a biggie as it's not installed by default and there are plenty of third party apps that do the same thing. Without it installed the camera works perfectly

2. Absolutely no problems connecting to Youtube over 3g networks. I've tested rigorously without loading problems.

3. The 2.2 rom comes without MSVC as standard. I tested by making repeated calls from my work phone (sorry boss! :D ) After a couple off hours of testing, I can report no ring tone issues.

I then decided to install MSVC independently (MSVC 1.6.19965) Bingo! A soft reset and immediately no ringtone. Repeated calls would randomly;

a.ring
b.ring with a continuous pumping up and down of the volume
c.not ring
d.most common result would be half a second of ringing that would cut out and then a second of ringing at the end, once the call was disconnected at the other end.

From these results, it seems to me that there is a conflict occurring between the phones ringer playing an audio file and the voice command playing it's audio file. The two together seem to either cancel each other out or one wins out over the other. Rarely do they seem to work in harmony.

The fix for now is just to Go into MSVC settings and untick the tab marked phone, it seems to get rid of all issues.

So in summary, there are still existing bugs but nothing that isn't easily worked around :)

ah I see why i had problems with 2.0 i hadn't unchecked announce incoming calls. i never have announce incoming calls on because it's annoying when on a call and the headset keeps repeating the name.

@clownshoes - can you try the ringtone issue with phone checked but announce incoming unchecked, thanks.

and then come to my house, install 2.2 (after making my breakfast) then you can wash the dishes while i test it

PS did you install apps from a backup such as spb backup 2? works?

Osir1s

Mar 20, 2006
Australia
Im not sure if this is a well documented issue or not, but I for the life of me cant get sms to say the correct time they arrived. Ive played around with both clocks (manilla and winmo and regional settings) and my sms always arrive saying 1hr earlier than they did...no biggie just kinda tiny bit annoying, beyond that the roms keep getting better and better :)

Last edited:

Diam@nt

May 22, 2008
I installed V2.1 and now I could not sync my HTC with PC, tapping on upper icon byr on today shows allways "Notifications" screen and the screen in all apps turns according to G-sensor. How to solve this?

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo
I have only one question.
The sound at this rom 2.1, is perfect like in 1.9 version or very bad like in V2?

Heefy

Jan 2, 2008
Thankyou

I flashed my ROM many times. Once you finished flashing Dutty's V2.1, the HD will reboot and you will be presented with two options:
1)import SIM contacts
2)setup provider

after clicking next with the the provider box ticked, it offered Orange automatically as a provider and downloaded the settings. A further reboot and all is sorted.
hope this helps.

Thank you for you help (both members) I really appreciate it.

H

Anfloyd

Jul 7, 2008
Ive noticed a small problem lately. Not sure if it's actually specific to this rom (2.1Test4), but it is annoying me slightly. I've been working in an area with poor to non-existant GSM coverage lately so my HD shows that there is no signal...obviously. The problem is that when I return to an area which I know to have excellent coverage my phone still displays no signal until a soft reset. Any body else experienced anything similar?

hmmhmm1222

Dec 30, 2008
A great thank you to dutty for creating this rom, this rom is wonderful, HTC should give dutty a job :D

once again thanks, for the speed, the beauty the bugfree rom, i was expecting some bugs since many are having some minor issues, but after some days of using all my third party applications work fins no problem with manilla and no missed calls, wonderful rom.

ClownShoes

Mar 23, 2008
London
www.indigorebel.com
A great thank you to dutty for creating this rom, this rom is wonderful, HTC should give dutty a job :D

once again thanks, for the speed, the beauty the bugfree rom, i was expecting some bugs since many are having some minor issues, but after some days of using all my third party applications work fins no problem with manilla and no missed calls, wonderful rom.

As long as you don't install any old manila tweaks or use the incoming call function in msvc, this rom is pretty fantastic :)

Presuming he's not already done so, I think Duttythroy should be uploading 2.2 today. As mentioned before, certain bugs still exist, but there are easy workarounds to these for the time being.

donbronzi

Sep 1, 2007
Ive noticed a small problem lately. Not sure if it's actually specific to this rom (2.1Test4), but it is annoying me slightly. I've been working in an area with poor to non-existant GSM coverage lately so my HD shows that there is no signal...obviously. The problem is that when I return to an area which I know to have excellent coverage my phone still displays no signal until a soft reset. Any body else experienced anything similar?

I have experienced a similar thing. I had to switch the phone off then on in com manager to get signal again.

I have reflashed my device since and problem gone away, i put it down to a bad flash.:D