[ROM][X][O][8.1][WEEKLY]OmniROM

Search This thread

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
One more thing I am trying to connect to 5ghz WiFi network but its not finding any idea about that

Sent from my Xperia X using Tapatalk
I successfully connected to a 5 GHz AP just yesterday IMG_20180614_014659.jpeg

Sent from my Xperia X using Tapatalk

Reactions: cellabonez
Jun 19, 2018
Battery drain

Seems to work well. But the battery life is pretty bad. While being idle, Omni dies when stock is still +45% battery left.

Same for me. Just installed omnirom 2 weeks ago and battery drain is terrible. It consuming so much power that i cant normal charge battery (it charge 1% per 4 minutes - if I switch off phone then charging is much faster)

Reactions: Lihxor

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
Battery is ok here. Batteries get older and worse.
But still problems with bt audio. Connection loss, especially when resuming with devices sending avrcp commands or establishing the connection. No problems with a passive receicer, which does not establish the connection by itself.
Already did a full wipe and clean install. Problems with 2 Suzu devices.

The open delta updater loses the internet connection very often. Toggling wifi helps.

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
Hey guys. I'm about to install my first android costum rom on a smartphone. Having a Xperia X currentlly operating with Sailfish X (excellent OS but due to work related **** need some apps blabla). Ok, so i've decided upon installing the one that looked the most stable, official, secure and uptodate, Omnirom. Can I please, please have a detailed explanation on how to install Omnirom, or at least guide me to a video/post explaining all the steps that I need to go through as I am a complete newbie.

I've tried using Sony Companion Tool to revert to the original stock situation but that didn't work.

I don't remember saving the DRM keys or making a TA partition.

Thanks,
Andrei

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
Hey guys. I'm about to install my first android costum rom on a smartphone. Having a Xperia X currentlly operating with Sailfish X (excellent OS but due to work related **** need some apps blabla). Ok, so i've decided upon installing the one that looked the most stable, official, secure and uptodate, Omnirom. Can I please, please have a detailed explanation on how to install Omnirom, or at least guide me to a video/post explaining all the steps that I need to go through as I am a complete newbie.

I've tried using Sony Companion Tool to revert to the original stock situation but that didn't work.

As I guess, your bootloader is unlocked.
Then you need 'Emma' from Sony or Sony 'FlashTool'.
For both Google has good instructions.
So if Stockrom is reinstalled, you need recovery.
Enable developer options and adb.
Then flash a Custom-ROM Kernel (eg Oreo), followed by TWRP 3.2.1.
After that, go to Recovery and follow the installation steps on page 1.
I wish you success! :highfive:

Last edited:

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
can you please post some numbers of the drain? how much battery% drains in an hour while the device is in deep sleep? betterbatterstats should be able to show this

Here's an example with Omni 7.
With same configuration and usage Nougat needs about ~ 1% / h,
Oreo on my device more than 2%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180621-141725.png
    Screenshot_20180621-141725.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot_20180621-141702.png
    Screenshot_20180621-141702.png
    138 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: oshmoun

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
Hmm, thanks for the prompt answer, but I cannot use Emma or Sony FlashTool (although the drivers are installed).
With the app opened, when I connect the USB to the Xperia devices holding down the Power Up botton.. nothing happens as in it starts changing without turning on with the Sailfish Charging logo/animation.

As I guess, your bootloader is unlocked.
Then you need 'Emma' from Sony or Sony 'FlashTool'.
For both Google has good instructions.
So if Stockrom is reinstalled, you need recovery.
Enable developer options and adb.
Then flash a Custom-ROM Kernel (eg Oreo), followed by TWRP 3.2.1.
After that, go to Recovery and follow the installation steps on page 1.
I wish you success! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X/SUZU/F5121 OmniROM BUILDS

OREO 8.1

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY FLASH OMNIROM:
    1. The device has the latest stock ftf
    2. The device has an unlocked bootloader
    3. The ODM image zip has been downloaded from HERE, and the ODM image has been extracted from it
    4. The WEEKLY zip file has been downloaded and copied to the device

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Reboot device to fastboot mode, and flash the ODM image with this command
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem <ODM image>
    2. Reboot device to TWRP and flash the WEEKLY zip file
    3. (Optional) Flash a gapps package
    4. Reboot device to system

CURRENT ISSUES ON OFFICIAL:

1. No USB tethering
    2. Wifi sometimes fails to turn on

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_sony_msm/tree/android-8.1

BUG REPORTS

REPORT BUGS ONLY:

- AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    - USING STOCK OMNI KERNEL
    - NO MODS OF ANY SORT

OMNI GERRIT REVIEW

[url]https://gerrit.omnirom.org/[/URL]

DISCLAIMER:

No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.
    What is the problem with a boot crash? Do you reboot that often? If I can successfully boot my device after some attempts, it is not such a critical issue. The old security level is more critical. Sidechannel updates are problematic, because of the different signatures. I don't want to wipe my device every time.
    How many boot attempts are needed in average?

well, good news
    I think I narrowed the issue down to a single service (hwcomposer)
    with some luck, it should be simple to find the exact cause now
    Software binaries for AOSP updated
    A notice for the upcoming weekly:
    The kernel has been updated to a new version. This requires an updated odm image.
    If you update to the weekly of 20180128, when it's released, then you MUST flash the new odm image from OP, otherwise you'll end up with issues like a nonfunctional camera.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone