• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][X][O][8.1][WEEKLY]OmniROM

Search This thread

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
Hmm, thanks for the prompt answer, but I cannot use Emma or Sony FlashTool (although the drivers are installed).
With the app opened, when I connect the USB to the Xperia devices holding down the Power Up botton.. nothing happens as in it starts changing without turning on with the Sailfish Charging logo/animation.

Page 23 of 'emma_user_guide.pdf':
"1. Connect a powered off device to a connector while holding down the Volume
Down button (or equivalent) on the device while connecting."
Maybe thats the Fail, cannot upload 929 kb.

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's an example with Omni 7.
With same configuration and usage Nougat needs about ~ 1% / h,
Oreo on my device more than 2%.

here on O I get about 1%/h drain on idle, so closer to your N results.
If you're getting more than 2%/h idle drain, can you check through betterbatterystats?
Hopefully your awake time will be much higher, and there'll be a wakelock shown. That would then explain the drain.

Reactions: MichaBit

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
here on O I get about 1%/h drain on idle, so closer to your N results.
If you're getting more than 2%/h idle drain, can you check through betterbatterystats?
Hopefully your awake time will be much higher, and there'll be a wakelock shown. That would then explain the drain.

Sounds good and calls for another try here - clean installation.
Restoring an established Oreo backup will not bring success, I've tried several times.
Maybe my fault, not sure if that can be a cause of high battery consumption:
I did not have the latest bootloader (possible it was Marshmallow), we'll see next week. :victory:

Reactions: oshmoun

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
Page 23 of 'emma_user_guide.pdf':
"1. Connect a powered off device to a connector while holding down the Volume
Down button (or equivalent) on the device while connecting."
Maybe thats the Fail, cannot upload 929 kb.

I switched to my laptop and it worked, it may have been from the drivers not installed properly or something, maybe bad ports as the PC is a decade old.
Anyway, i've managed to install the stock 8.0 situation, but I want to know if there is a possibility to check for the DRM keys or if I can restore them in anyway?

Under service test - security I get the a couple of errors and no mention of DRM Keys OK as in..
HUK: generic error!
FIDO_KEYS: Not provisoned, suntory error,
Blobs: generic errors
Rest seem ok.

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
I switched to my laptop and it worked, it may have been from the drivers not installed properly or something, maybe bad ports as the PC is a decade old.
Anyway, i've managed to install the stock 8.0 situation, but I want to know if there is a possibility to check for the DRM keys or if I can restore them in anyway?

If you want to install a custom-ROM, no DRM-Keys are needed;
only restore if u wanna go Stock.

Raulxperrx

May 26, 2018
Ómni have more battery compared with Stock?

My Xperia X have battery draining, I want the Best rom in battery, ómni have good battery?
Sorry my english I speak in spanish.

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
If you want to install a custom-ROM, no DRM-Keys are needed;
only restore if u wanna go Stock.

Hey man, I got into a problem that I cannot get my head around, been at it for over 2 hrs..
Using [GUIDE] All-In-One noob friendly guide for xperia X (Root/Bootloader/Rom)

Ok, so..
DRM keys lost, no problem, it is what it is;
Bootloader - unlocked, no problem;
Install recovery (TWRP)
1) Download the TWRP .img file: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=197369 (Credit: eagleeyetom )
2) Make sure you have USB debugging enabled
3) Open your downloaded twrp folder
4) Run CMD in that folder (shift + right click inside the folder, Open CMD here )
5) Connect your Xperia X to your PC
6) Type these lines:
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img [where recovery.img is your twrp file name]

fastboot reboot

First command, adb reboot bootloader, runs and my devices turns off and speaks to me with a blue LED;
Second command, fastboot flash - gives me "waiting on device" response. ALso tries the fastboot devices command, same response "waiting on device"

I am using the laptop from which i have installed Sailfish OS and Stock Rom so I believe the drivers should be working although under device manager the "LeMobile Android Device - Android ADB Interface; Android Bootloader Interface; Android Composite ADB Composite interface" and the "Sony sa0114 - Sony sa0114 ADB Interface Driver" all appear with a yellow exclamation mark (I don't think is the problem tho..)

I don't really know what to do, is there anyway to use the sony companion tool or some other method to flash Omnirom?

Last edited:

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
Hey man, I got into a problem that I cannot get my head around, been at it for over 2 hrs..
Using [GUIDE] All-In-One noob friendly guide for xperia X (Root/Bootloader/Rom)

Ok, so..
DRM keys lost, no problem, it is what it is;
Bootloader - unlocked, no problem;
Install recovery (TWRP)
1) Download the TWRP .img file: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=197369 (Credit: eagleeyetom )
2) Make sure you have USB debugging enabled
3) Open your downloaded twrp folder
4) Run CMD in that folder (shift + right click inside the folder, Open CMD here )
5) Connect your Xperia X to your PC
6) Type these lines:
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img [where recovery.img is your twrp file name]

fastboot reboot

First command, adb reboot bootloader, runs and my devices turns off and speaks to me with a blue LED;
Second command, fastboot flash - gives me "waiting on device" response. ALso tries the fastboot devices command, same response "waiting on device"

I am using the laptop from which i have installed Sailfish OS and Stock Rom so I believe the drivers should be working although under device manager the "LeMobile Android Device - Android ADB Interface; Android Bootloader Interface; Android Composite ADB Composite interface" and the "Sony sa0114 - Sony sa0114 ADB Interface Driver" all appear with a yellow exclamation mark (I don't think is the problem tho..)

I don't really know what to do, is there anyway to use the sony companion tool or some other method to flash Omnirom?
You can also enter into fastboot mode by switching off the phone and then holding the Volume - button while plugging your phone to USB. To see if your drivers are installed correctly, try to type in

fastboot devices

If a "strange code" appears, then your device is connected in fastboot mode and drivers are installed correctly

Inviato dal mio Xperia X utilizzando Tapatalk

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
So no matter what I do, I can't get this to boot on my X dual. It always gets stuck at the 'enter password to unlock' screen. I flashed the OEM image and then the rom over the latest firmware, to no avail. So just to recheck, I reinstalled the stock firmware via Emma, the latest one available there is oreo with the March security patch and flashed a corresponding omni from March, but the same screen appears again. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the dual model still unsupported? Maybe this has something to do with the DRM keys, I'm not sure.

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So no matter what I do, I can't get this to boot on my X dual. It always gets stuck at the 'enter password to unlock' screen. I flashed the OEM image and then the rom over the latest firmware, to no avail. So just to recheck, I reinstalled the stock firmware via Emma, the latest one available there is oreo with the March security patch and flashed a corresponding omni from March, but the same screen appears again. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the dual model still unsupported? Maybe this has something to do with the DRM keys, I'm not sure.
you're not formatting userdata, do that to remove stock encryption.

cyanides13

Jun 25, 2017

I had the same problem. Just do this.

Flash stock Via Emma.
Unplug phone but do not power on.
Enter bootloader on pc then flash TWRP.
Unplug phone power up then enter TWRP (Do not boot phone to sony logo or else it will encrypt again)
On TWRP no more password needed, Format Data then wipe all.
Plug phone to PC and copy OmniRom zip file + GApps + Magisk (Optional)
Flash OmniRom and GApps on TWRP.
Reboot and enter android.

A Good Kid

Jul 20, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
just installed omni 8.1 it is awesome feels fast and great.. but it shows sd card corrupted even its not.. and i decided that now im just gonna stay on lates stock 7.1.1 then we'll see what sony will do with oreo.. if its gonna be still terible after final oreo build.. i'll try omni again.. hopefully there will be omni 8.1 final build and weeklies will end :) then i'll be happy.. and last thing 120hz didnt changed

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
just installed omni 8.1 it is awesome feels fast and great.. but it shows sd card corrupted even its not.. and i decided that now im just gonna stay on lates stock 7.1.1 then we'll see what sony will do with oreo.. if its gonna be still terible after final oreo build.. i'll try omni again.. hopefully there will be omni 8.1 final build and weeklies will end :) then i'll be happy.. and last thing 120hz didnt changed

sdcard being detected as corrupt is because it's formatted with exfat.
the weeklies ARE final builds, with each weekly bringing improvements over the previous one. i think you're confusing the terms.
120hz not working is a known issue.

A Good Kid

Jul 20, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
sdcard being detected as corrupt is because it's formatted with exfat.
the weeklies ARE final builds, with each weekly bringing improvements over the previous one. i think you're confusing the terms.
120hz not working is a known issue.

Still I'm gonna wait for official oreo final release and we'll see how it goes.. If it's worse than official nougat I'll try omni 8.1.. Hopefully omnirom will be perfect then..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X/SUZU/F5121 OmniROM BUILDS

OREO 8.1

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY FLASH OMNIROM:
    1. The device has the latest stock ftf
    2. The device has an unlocked bootloader
    3. The ODM image zip has been downloaded from HERE, and the ODM image has been extracted from it
    4. The WEEKLY zip file has been downloaded and copied to the device

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Reboot device to fastboot mode, and flash the ODM image with this command
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem <ODM image>
    2. Reboot device to TWRP and flash the WEEKLY zip file
    3. (Optional) Flash a gapps package
    4. Reboot device to system

CURRENT ISSUES ON OFFICIAL:

1. No USB tethering
    2. Wifi sometimes fails to turn on

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_sony_msm/tree/android-8.1

BUG REPORTS

REPORT BUGS ONLY:

- AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    - USING STOCK OMNI KERNEL
    - NO MODS OF ANY SORT

OMNI GERRIT REVIEW

[url]https://gerrit.omnirom.org/[/URL]

DISCLAIMER:

No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.
    What is the problem with a boot crash? Do you reboot that often? If I can successfully boot my device after some attempts, it is not such a critical issue. The old security level is more critical. Sidechannel updates are problematic, because of the different signatures. I don't want to wipe my device every time.
    How many boot attempts are needed in average?

well, good news
    I think I narrowed the issue down to a single service (hwcomposer)
    with some luck, it should be simple to find the exact cause now
    Software binaries for AOSP updated
    A notice for the upcoming weekly:
    The kernel has been updated to a new version. This requires an updated odm image.
    If you update to the weekly of 20180128, when it's released, then you MUST flash the new odm image from OP, otherwise you'll end up with issues like a nonfunctional camera.