D

Deleted member 4819888

X/SUZU/F5121 OmniROM BUILDS

PIE 9.0

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY FLASH OMNIROM:
1. The device has the latest stock ftf
2. The device has an unlocked bootloader
3. The ODM image zip (version 9) has been downloaded from HERE, and the ODM image has been extracted from it
4. The WEEKLY zip file has been downloaded and copied to the device

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Reboot device to fastboot mode, and flash the ODM image with this command
Code:
fastboot flash oem <ODM image>
2. Reboot device to TWRP and flash the WEEKLY zip file
3. (If coming from an 8.1 ROM) Fix /dsp SELinux labels with the dsp-label-fixer.zip
4. (Optional) Flash a gapps package
5. Reboot device to system

CURRENT ISSUES ON OFFICIAL:

1. Device crashes and reboots (mostly happens on demanding tasks)
2. Camera quality is suboptimal

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_sony_msm/tree/android-9.0

BUG REPORTS

REPORT BUGS ONLY:

- AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
- USING STOCK OMNI KERNEL
- NO MODS OF ANY SORT

OMNI GERRIT REVIEW

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/

DISCLAIMER:

No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
I am coming from the last 9.0 test build. After flashing the new weekly, I am stuck in a forever running Omni bootanim.

Reactions: MichaBit

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
I am very pleased that it continues now with official 9, thanks for the work and invested time. :good::highfive:

D

Deleted member 4819888

I don't know. No feedback from other users yet.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

After a full wipe, going through stock, the image boots.
weeklies are signed, the beta builds were homemade and hence not signed. that's why you can't move between the two without a wipe.

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
I have do clean installation,system run pretty smooth than last nightly build,fingerprint fast to set up also very accurate and some new minor features added in this official weekly build.but one thing doesn't works,the battery watt and current value on lockscreens show 0

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_023429.jpg
    IMG_20190617_023429.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,127
Last edited:

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
I have do clean installation,system run pretty smooth than last nightly build,fingerprint fast to set up also very accurate and some new minor features added in this official weekly build.but one thing doesn't works,the battery watt and current value on lockscreens show 0
Watt and current didnt properly work in nightly either

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Also i have encountered some bugs
1. overheating issues
2. sound stops Working after a while (even with headphones)
3.Current and Watt not Working (already mentioned)
4. no in/output on calls

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

1. overheating issues
4. no in/output on calls
Will provide a log As soon AS sound stops Working again

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018

1. overheating issues
4. no in/output on calls

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

No such bug for me,phone call works properly also loudspeaker,all sound working even with headphone

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T

1. overheating issues
4. no in/output on calls

Here a log

Attachments

• log.txt
    166.1 KB · Views: 22

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Okay.....i fixed it....after flashing DSP label fixer everything worked......but i wasnt in a oreo Rom before...i was in treble Pie

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Also i am glad that gcam properly works in this Rom! Tuumbs up for that!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    X/SUZU/F5121 OmniROM BUILDS

PIE 9.0

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY FLASH OMNIROM:
    1. The device has the latest stock ftf
    2. The device has an unlocked bootloader
    3. The ODM image zip (version 9) has been downloaded from HERE, and the ODM image has been extracted from it
    4. The WEEKLY zip file has been downloaded and copied to the device

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Reboot device to fastboot mode, and flash the ODM image with this command
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem <ODM image>
    2. Reboot device to TWRP and flash the WEEKLY zip file
    3. (If coming from an 8.1 ROM) Fix /dsp SELinux labels with the dsp-label-fixer.zip
    4. (Optional) Flash a gapps package
    5. Reboot device to system

CURRENT ISSUES ON OFFICIAL:

1. Device crashes and reboots (mostly happens on demanding tasks)
    2. Camera quality is suboptimal

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_sony_msm/tree/android-9.0

BUG REPORTS

REPORT BUGS ONLY:

- AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    - USING STOCK OMNI KERNEL
    - NO MODS OF ANY SORT

OMNI GERRIT REVIEW

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/

DISCLAIMER:

No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.
    Wifi still disconnects sometimes. There are random reboots and hangs, once or twice a day. If youbare using gcam, it takes some time to open camera app. Front facing camera doesnt work in some apps for video calls. Bluetooth sometimes cuts out, even the phone is pretty close to bluetooth device. And there is no support anymore, for about a month now.
    Thank you for the very well explained feedback. I'll stick with LOS then and waiting for AOSP 10, (compiling myself most of all as a learning exercise but will post if it will work)
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    I don't know. No feedback from other users yet.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

After a full wipe, going through stock, the image boots.
    weeklies are signed, the beta builds were homemade and hence not signed. that's why you can't move between the two without a wipe.
    I have clean flashed this first build of this ROM. Functionality wise (UI, sensors, GPS, calls...) are working fine so far, but gaming performance, similar to other AOSP-based ROMs, is still abyssmal. Heavy games like PUBG or Honkai Impact 3rd are unplayable.

In terms of synthetic benchmarks, I noticed that CPU performance is drastically lower than stock 8.0 (50% lower scores in CPU department, leading to another 50% drop in UX scores). The same performance issue happens on AOSP and Paranoid Pie Beta. However, this ROM doesn't heat up as much as Treble Pie or other 8.1 ROMs (which have no performance issues), which makes me believe that the thermal or kernel configurations are different.

The preinstalled camera quality is really "suboptimal", but having access to Google Camera makes the situation a lot better. I've attached a few pictures from extremely low-light condition below.

In the end, my only question: Can we do anything to improve CPU/gaming performance on this ROM?

Thanks in advance.
    Doesn't that come with bluetooth or sensor bugs? Also what is the specific build number?
    Its the build problem,not kernel,this kernel has fixed bluetooth problem

Flash 20190414 build, and after that dirty flash 20190430 to fix sensor,(BUT BATTERY DRAIN IN THIS BUILD)

20190414 build

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sT0BtXrMxxD0OMcC0Y8DvlxL0g8YcRXB/view

20190430 build

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OyQfo7Z7N5p1wBXO4UGOyF-_XNjnWYwC/view

Kernel (fix sound/no call voice)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlVH_YC6pyVKcSxSib-Daj8hp94mQN00/view