[ROM][X00TD][9.0.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

IamX00T

Sep 1, 2018
Urgently need help

=== I've found the solution to the problem I was facing so you all can just ignore this post. ===

Hello. I was trying to see how to shift Whatsapp to the external SD Card, and in the process, I did something that has created problems with the storage.

The thread I had used is:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/mount-binding-sd-card-folder-moving-t3869326

I carried out the instructions given in the first code box, the chown and chmod ones, by opening the terminal in the phone. Then, when I tried running the instructions in the second code box (the mount and bind instructions), I got an error. I left it at that, and started searching for other guides.

I also installed a Magisk module named "ExSDCard Access Enabler", and it rebooted the phone after installation. Later, the first thing I noticed is that Folder Mount kept asking me to select the external SD Card, and even when I selected it using the default file manager, it would keep asking me to do the same thing. Then I noticed that Asus File Manager, which earlier showed the two different storages (phone's Internal storage and the external SD Card), was now showing two storages - "Internal shared storage" and "Internal storage", and clicking both opened the phone's internal storage, not the SD Card. The phone's default file manager, however, can open the External SD Card.

Finally, a few minutes back, when I opened Whatsapp, it was showing that all media (the images and videos and documents etc) with the download button, meaning I had not downloaded them and I would have to download them. This is after I had already downloaded them. I clicked the download button to download the media and it downloaded the recent ones, but it was showing all the media, from the past year and earlier, as not having been downloaded. I checked the Whatsapp Media folder (which is in the internal storage), and all the photos and videos are there, they have not been deleted, which means Whatsapp in some way cannot communicate with the storage.

It seems I have messed up the internal and external storage settings, changed the permissions and mounted it elsewhere.

I'd really appreciate if you all could help in reverting the phone's storage settings to the default ones.

:(

EDIT: Okay, I got it back. One of the methods I had been messing with was using XInternalSD. I opened it, and disabled the option for shifting apps to the SD Card, and rebooted, and everything is back to normal. Asus File manager shows both the internal and external storages, and Whatsapp also shows all the media files.

Phew! Was really worried I would have to factory reset the phone.

One thing I just found is that the XInternalSD really works, so now I know how to shift the Whatsapp Media folder to the SD Card. :)

Last edited:

MPK99

• Jun 25, 2017
    LineagesOS+microG - can anyone tell Google pay , payment apps works without root?
    No Google Play Services, No banking apps.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Hi ,Can anyone create a build with Gapps ,so that saftynet passes without root.
    For everyone here, don't worry about safetynet. True/False doesn't matter. Even if it's false you can still use UPI banking apps like paytm, phonepe, google pay (if phone permission disabled), etc. You just need to hide them under Magisk hide.
    Bank related apps like iMobile(ICICI), YonoSBI, etc. won't work.

Last edited:

ggunda

Mar 24, 2013
    1. Yes. That twrp version is outdated.
    2. Working sequence : Flash latest TWRP i.e, 3.3.1-1 > Flash firmware 063 from twrp > Flash the rom builds
    3. 2G, 3G, 4G are just nicknames for the networks GSM/EVDO, WCDMA/TSCDMA, LTE respectively (which are the real nomenclatures of networks)

Can anyone share link for twrp-3.3.-1 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) ?

ggunda

Mar 24, 2013
    1. Yes. That twrp version is outdated.
    2. Working sequence : Flash latest TWRP i.e, 3.3.1-1 > Flash firmware 063 from twrp > Flash the rom builds
    3. 2G, 3G, 4G are just nicknames for the networks GSM/EVDO, WCDMA/TSCDMA, LTE respectively (which are the real nomenclatures of networks)

I found twrp 3.3.1-0 image and tried the steps above. After flashing latest twrp and clearing all the cache, system and vendor partitions, when i try to flash firmware 063 from twrp, I'm getting error:

```
    mkdir "/cache/recovery/<uuid>/" failed:
    No such file or directory
    E1001 : Failed to update system image.
    ```

Any idea what this error is, and how to fix it ?
    Also, any alternate links to download twrp 3.3.1-1 for X00TD ?

MPK99

• Jun 25, 2017
    I found twrp 3.3.1-0 image and tried the steps above. After flashing latest twrp and clearing all the cache, system and vendor partitions, when i try to flash firmware 063 from twrp, I'm getting error:

```
    mkdir "/cache/recovery/<uuid>/" failed:
    No such file or directory
    E1001 : Failed to update system image.
    ```

Any idea what this error is, and how to fix it ?
    Also, any alternate links to download twrp 3.3.1-1 for X00TD ?
    Don't flash zips from un-official sources. They'll brick your device.
    Download latest firmware from your manufacturer's website
    https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1-ZB601KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
    Flash it completely, then wipe system, data, cache, vendor & from there you can install any custom rom.

TWRP Update

Hello out there,
    I wonder which TWRP version to update.
    I'm still running on TWRP 3.2.3-0-X00TD (initially provided by SagarMakhar, follwing the link on the LineageOS install website).
    Is this a recommended site? https://forum.xda-developers.com/as...ent/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-2-3-0-t3888110 ([X00T] KudProject's Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-0 [16-06-2020])
    And if so, which version should I choose? 3.3.1-0 or 3.4.0-0? Maybe there is another recommended download link?
    I'd be grateful if somebody shared his experience.

Perhaps I should add some more details on my system: LineageOS 16.0-20200811-NIGHTLY-X00TD. The device is rooted using su.

Vvk380

Nov 22, 2016
    Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
    Hello out there,
    I wonder which TWRP version to update.
    I'm still running on TWRP 3.2.3-0-X00TD (initially provided by SagarMakhar, follwing the link on the LineageOS install website).
    Is this a recommended site? https://forum.xda-developers.com/as...ent/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-2-3-0-t3888110 ([X00T] KudProject's Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-0 [16-06-2020])
    And if so, which version should I choose? 3.3.1-0 or 3.4.0-0? Maybe there is another recommended download link?
    I'd be grateful if somebody shared his experience.

Perhaps I should add some more details on my system: LineageOS 16.0-20200811-NIGHTLY-X00TD. The device is rooted using su.
    Use 3.3.1...tho 3.4 is Latest but it has some issue with system partion...go for 3.3.1

Reactions: Zymomonas
    Firmware Update

Hello again. I haven't updated the firmware since the first LOS installation in March 2020, so the firmware version is supposed to be 063. (Don't know how to check the firmware version.)
    According to this site https://forum.xda-developers.com/as...rmware-firmware-asus-zenfone-max-pro-t4078747 the latest firmware version is 084.
    Has anyone already installed this successfully? Is there any need to specify the partition for installation? Or just flash the zip-file with TWRP? Or anything else to take care of?
    I'd be grateful for any useful hints.

galoneta

Nov 15, 2010
    Hi.

Updated to build "lineage-16.0-20200811-nightly-X00TD-signed.zip" with "addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed" but discovered a serious security bug (I think!): how can I block power button when screen locked, to prevent someone to power off my phone after stealing it from me?

Thanks.

IamX00T

Sep 1, 2018
    Edit: Solved it. If others face a similar problem, see my thread in the Question Answers section:

@SagarMakhar

Hello. I just installed "lineage-16.0-20201229-nightly-X00TD-signed.zip" after using Lineage 15.1 for two years. Everything seems to be working fine, but there is no audio during calls. I opened Youtube and found that the device plays the videos with their audio just fine. I also recorded my voice using the Sound Recorder and it also recorded the audio, although it was very low. But in calls, there is no audio at all. When you dial someone, there is no sound of the ring going through and after the person picks up, again no sound. What should I do?

After LOS 15.1, I first installed the stock "UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-15.2016.1808.326-user" and then "UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-16.2017.1903.050-user", but in both cases, the stock camera could only take still pictures; when I tried recording a video, it wouldn't start and would give the message "Could not start media recorder | Can't start video recording." TWRP also got replaced with the stock recovery after installing the WW-16 version. I finally downloaded LOS 16 and followed the instructions on the LineageOS page and flashed Gapps Mini, and when LOS booted up, I could record videos using the camera. However, when I inserted the SIM card (Jio), I found that there was no sound at all during calls. I've already restarted the phone to see if the issue would solve itself but it hasn't.

Edit:

@MPK99 I tried the instructions you gave on the previous page but I still don't have any sound in calls. After my post yesterday, I installed the stock ROM 15 (UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-15.2016.1808.326-user), then the stock ROM 16 (UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-16.2017.1903.050-user), LOS 15 (Oreo) and even restored a previous working LOS 15 backup in TWRP, but there is no sound in voice calls. Everything else seems to be working fine. I also searched for TWRP version "3.3.1-1" but couldn't find it anywhere. I installed "twrp-3.4.0-0-KudProject-X00T" and used that once to flash the ROMs but it didn't work, so I have reverted back to the "twrp-3.2.3-0-X00TD-20180814" version I have been using all along.

Please help.

Last edited:

minex90

Nov 19, 2012
    When I have bluetooth earphones connected (Creative Outlier Air) and I'm talking to someone by using the microphone in the earphones I can hear the person I am talking to very well but the person I am talking to can barely hear me. Is it possible to somehow improve the quality of the microphone? I checked the headphones on another phone and everything works fine so i guess it's a software problem. I'd like to avoid going back to stock rom.
    I don't know if it matters but I had to turn off the HD sound in the bluetooth options of the headphones, becuase when it's turned on the sound is stuttering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Code:
      /*
       * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
       * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
       * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
       * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
       * Same statement for XDA.
       */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
      Boots
      RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      Fingerprint
      Wi-Fi
      Bluetooth
      Camera
      Audio
      Sensors
      Flash
      LED
      GPS

Known issues :
      NFC
      selinux permissive

Instructions :
      Download the latest build , GApps and TWRP from downloads
      Reboot to recovery
      Flash the latest build and GApps
      Reboot

Downloads :
      Unofficial builds : Link
      TWRP : Link (only this recovery can flash P roms , can flash all other zips too)
      Gapps : Link

Credit :
      Thanks to all testers who helped in testing

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
      SagarMakhar, Shivam Kumar Jha
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_sdm660

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: latest available
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
      Beta Release Date: 2018-08-16

Created 2018-08-16
      Last Updated 2019-07-21
      Update :

First official lineage-16.0 build

Downloads :
      https://download.lineageos.org/X00TD

Notes :
      - If you found any bug or issues , please attach logcat and steps to reproduce as it'll be lot easier for me to debug and fix.
      - Official Nightly builds can be upgraded without wiping your data
      - Official builds do support encryption but it is disabled by default.
      Update

Changelogs :
      - fixed NFC
      - fixed dt2w and all gestures ( by @say99 )
      - updated all possible blobs to pie
      - updated media , audio , display hals to pie
      - disabled rescue party by default
      - added ambient display
      - fixed all app crashes
      - updated gps hals and blobs
      - lineage upstream changes
      - some small changes

Download :
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WeuzVkyLflkobEKUpUBmkZlWKefdf6ZE/view?usp=drivesdk
      Update

Changelogs :
      - fixed camera app force closes
      - fixed front camera
      - fixed all types of lags
      - fixed app crashing due to memory allocation
      - Sept. 2018 security patch

Download :
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a6O2QcYG40_6KkNP0o23YBbDVUBWFnhM (select newer build)