[ROM] [X01BD] Lineage-17.1 [UNOFFICIAL][android-10]

Search This thread

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks alot for the answer!
I have no plans to root my device (at least not now) anyway.

I´ll give it a go then :)

Los17 is pretty stable, although its status is testing/beta, but you will probably encounter a bug here & there (as in stock roms or the most stable of ROMs). If you prefer a completely bug free rom (if there's any) go for Los16 as I.

Reactions: arkadione

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi again!
I need some help with installing this ROM...
I have unlocked bootlooder with ASUS official app.
Installing TWRP in no problem and it boots up just fine (pressing "cancel" when asked for password)but it cant find the LOS & gapps .zip files...
i´ll guess it has to do with de encryption of the phone...but how do i go around it?
BTW: After having to reboot the phone in to system (stock Pie) twrp is gone and i have to install it again...

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Hi again!
I need some help with installing this ROM...
I have unlocked bootlooder with ASUS official app.
Installing TWRP in no problem and it boots up just fine (pressing "cancel" when asked for password)but it cant find the LOS & gapps .zip files...
i´ll guess it has to do with de encryption of the phone...but how do i go around it?
BTW: After having to reboot the phone in to system (stock Pie) twrp is gone and i have to install it again...

You should used the unofficial method instead, now you can't relock the bootloader if you need to (if I'm not wrong). If you have an external sdcard simply copy the ROM & gapps to it. Yes, you need to flash the decrypt zip & wipe data after to can see internal storage stuff.

Reactions: mumse1

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Huawei P40 Pro
You should used the unofficial method instead, now you can't relock the bootloader if you need to (if I'm not wrong). If you have an external sdcard simply copy the ROM & gapps to it. Yes, you need to flash the decrypt zip & wipe data after to can see internal storage stuff.

Now i have 17.1 installed :)
Did a format in TWRP and then used adb push to get rom and gapps to /sdcard. Now phone is and stays decrypted. I have no warranty left on the phone so i dont need to lock it again.

So far every app i have installed has been working fine.
The only bugg i have encounterd so far is that when my smartwatch is without reach for the phone (use it as a trusted device so that the phone wont lock) and i have to unlock the phone with pattern the screen sometimes wont respond and it will not respond until i force reboot it with the power button, this has happend two times so far.

Reactions: mauam

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Now i have 17.1 installed :)
Did a format in TWRP and then used adb push to get rom and gapps to /sdcard. Now phone is and stays decrypted. I have no warranty left on the phone so i dont need to lock it again.

So far every app i have installed has been working fine.
The only bugg i have encounterd so far is that when my smartwatch is without reach for the phone (use it as a trusted device so that the phone wont lock) and i have to unlock the phone with pattern the screen sometimes wont respond and it will not respond until i force reboot it with the power button, this has happend two times so far.

Glad to hear that. Regarding bugs, do read the OP how to report bugs &/or search xda or google how to grab them (or with play store catlog apps) & post them here, so kuber can fix them.

avmiz

May 28, 2019
This rom is beautifull, but sometimes, the phone start to restarting

Last edited:

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Huawei P40 Pro
Are there any problems to go to Lineage 16.0 after i have installed Lineage 17.1?

I have had problems with random reboots for a few days (was fine the first week or so). I would like to try LOS 16 but have read something about persist partition being an issue when going back to a pie ROM..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What works?
    Almost everything

What doesn't work?
    Encryption [?]
    Selinux is Permissive

What packages to use for GAPPS?
    OpenGApps beta (arm64, pico or nano)

Which TWRP to use?
    Official

Which firmware to use?
    Any latest pie firmware

Kernel Source
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_sdm660

If you like my work and want to support me you can do that here:
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    kubersharma, Bauuuuu, verybigfolder
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-01-10
    Last Updated 2020-01-10
    New update is up!

- January security patches
    - Misc fixes and improvements
    - Battery icon feature
    You can see more changelogs here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:merged (lineage-17.1 branches)

Download
    ROM:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ku...e-17.1-20200116-UNOFFICIAL-X01BD.zip/download

RECOVERY:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ku...y/lineage-17.1-recovery-14012020.img/download

- lineage-recovery Isn't tested, if someone wants to try it can go ahead.

Donate
    https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    very very nice, fluid rom. with good battery backup .
    battery percentage won't show on status bar.
    Neeeeeed Official 10.. LINEAGE 17...

FAAAST
    I know you are excited, but just tone it down a bit. Let the dev do his work at his own pace. As it is, he is handling too many ROMs, along with working on the device side.
    The fruit of patience is always the sweetest. :)