• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] x3ROM v1.0 - Eclair/AOSP basic build - Compiled by CCyrowski - 11/28/2009

Search This thread

miketaylor00

Jul 17, 2009
x3ROM is finally here!!! Another great ROM from the CCyrowski, Manup456, and MikeTaylor00 team. This is good to go for daily use. We now have a2sd and compcache working. All Google apps are working and we are using Eclair apps, not Donut apps with the exception of Google Maps. Please update that from the market to get navigation working. The ROM will be themed by Manup456 in the future. This is now a full release.

Big props to CCyrowski for getting this compiled from the source. It was a very difficult task. He compiled it for the dream instead of using generic which was much more complex. He also figured out how to get the Eclair Google apps working. He deserves most of the credit for this ROM.

WARNING
As always me, Manup456, or CCyrowski are NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone by flashing this ROM. You do so at your own risk.

Thank you JesusFreke, Haykuro, Cyanogen, Drizzy, Maxisma, Barak, TwistedUmbrella, KingKlick and all of the other devs and users who make XDA so fun, interesting, and worthwhile.

Fixes:
*Contacts and Gmail both sync
*A2SD and Compcache/Swap are working
*No force closes on Google apps
*Calendar and Contacts work
*5 screen launcher (another gift from Cyrowski)

Known issues:
*Contacts do sync but you cannot use auto-sync. Please turn off auto-sync after the initial sync happens or it will eat your battery.
*Bluetooth is not working... yet.
*Latitude is not working
*Camera does not work

x3ROM v1.0

Last edited:

coolmarkoo

Feb 12, 2009
Might give it a try I am bored wana flash something new. Thanks a lot for all the hard work everyone

ComplexMinded

Feb 14, 2009
definitely gonna give this a test for you guys.. Thanks for the time and effort.. I know the progress made so far was not easy..

miketaylor00

Jul 17, 2009
Thanks everyone. There are definitely issues with this but most of the google apps work except for the calendar. You can download with the new market. The new google maps is pretty sick. Check that out. You will see force closes. We had to use google apps from "other" 2.0 based ROMs that split off from the 2.0 base a while ago so they aren't 100% compatible. As we get more dumps it will smooth out and the Beta status will go away.

prince.siraj

Feb 18, 2009
Loma Linda
Thanks everyone. There are definitely issues with this but most of the google apps work except for the calendar. You can download with the new market. The new google maps is pretty sick. Check that out. You will see force closes. We had to use google apps from "other" 2.0 based ROMs that split off from the 2.0 base a while ago so they aren't 100% compatible. As we get more dumps it will smooth out and the Beta status will go away.

oh ok cool :) when the beta status goes away, i'd sure like to use this, but currently am still reveling in the stability and daily-usefulness of SenseHero 1.3r3 :D or is it r4? lol

intervigil

Jun 5, 2009
Bay Area
ok I've basically been trying to do the same thing, however I couldn't manage to make the SetupWizard sign in using a google login at all. I used the one from the GSM droid dump. how did you manage to do this?

G

GuestK00233

swwet, i have the other 2.0 but no apps. so im bout to flash this one sounds sick

G

GuestK00233

x3 ROM is finally here!!! Another great ROM is in the works from the CCyrowski, Manup456, MikeTaylor00 team. This is an experiment build. It is a bare bones install of Eclair. There is no a2sd, swap, etc. Future builds will include all of this stuff and optimize the ROM. If you want that stuff you need to wait. It will be themed by Manup456 as well. This is only a beta/preview.

Big props to CCyrowski for getting this compiled from the source. It was a very difficult task. He compiled it for the dream instead of using generic which was much more complex.

WARNING
As always me, Manup456, or CCyrowski are NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone by flashing this ROM. You do so at your own risk.

Thank you JesusFreke, Cyanogen, Drizzy, Maxisma, barak, TwistedUmbrella, KingKlick and all of the other devs and users who make XDA so fun, interesting, and worthwhile.

Known issues:
*Force closes on some google apps. Try again and it will usually work.
*Contacts do not Synch. The Google apps we have are not compatible with this ROM.
*Calendar does not open, it's related to the Contacts issue.
*Wait until you see the 3G icon before you try to sign in the first time.

x3 ROM v1.0
you da man dawg

ComplexMinded

Feb 14, 2009
Force closes after flashing.. Mostly the calendar.. i'm going to remove that I don't need the calendar.. Market didn't load up initially but I finally got to accept the TOS but i still havent gotten to the main screen.. Seems to be a network thin because i also had problems signing in for the first time.. Had to reflash.. Waited for the icon both times..No camera although you can view pictures unlike the other 2.0 rom... Still testin..

Edit: Market is working..