[ROM][X52x][OFFICIAL][9.0.0][s2] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

T-Jay

Dec 29, 2019
So little update:
I have dirty flashed the lineage 16 and it worked i guess - the rom booted and it gave me "pixel os launcher stopped working" and there was nothing i could do with that back then, at least thats what i thought. As a result i made clean install of the rom and same thing happend sadly :(. The fix is to choose Trebuchet launcher instead of pixel os and everything works great.
To sum up i think that you can dirty flash los 16 but if the same thing happens to you (which i mentioned above) you just have to use trebuchet launcher.
!!!Make sure to install new gapps if you install los 16 update!!!+ probably you have to flash magisk once again but not sure about that.

I flashed LOS 15.1 on 3 different s2 devices and installed GAppps micro package. After updating the devices to LOS 16 by dirty flashing and installing the newest version of OpenGApps micro package, the pixel launcher crashes just like on Lineague's device. @BMWM5V8 is it a problem specifically related to LOS 16? Is there any way to replace a GApps package by a smaller one without having to flash the ROM all over again?

wifi
another issue (which was already present when on LOS 15.1) is that after flashing the LOS ROM all devices now have the same MAC adress, so they can't be used at the same time in the same wifi network :mad: Is it possible to change the mac adress without root?
I'd be thankful for any advice :)

Last edited:

xen2001

Dec 17, 2017

Attachments

• mark_with_c.jpeg
    mark_with_c.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: ThE_MarD

Lineague

Dec 28, 2019
I flashed LOS 15.1 on 3 different s2 devices and installed GAppps micro package. After updating the devices to LOS 16 by dirty flashing and installing the newest version of OpenGApps micro package, the pixel launcher crashes just like on Lineague's device. @BMWM5V8 is it a problem specifically related to LOS 16? Is there any way to replace a GApps package by a smaller one without having to flash the ROM all over again?

wifi
another issue (which was already present when on LOS 15.1) is that after flashing the LOS ROM all devices now have the same MAC adress, so they can't be used at the same time in the same wifi network :mad: Is it possible to change the mac adress without root?

Im not sure but i think when you flash gapps the old gapps are being deleted if they are installed. Did you figure out how to change the launcher to trebuchet? If so you can install quck switch via magisk modules and run pixel launcher from that app. It was mentioned by someone a few posts earlier and it works 100% :).

Reactions: T-Jay and ThE_MarD

adisa

Sep 2, 2009
Lagos
Reactions: ThE_MarD

goazte

Jan 3, 2020
Thanks a lot for the information ThE_MarD. I will do as you suggest however I tried encrypting and when I try it just reboot without encrypting anything. No error message. I could not find any obvious explanation on line. Does I need to wipe my data partition before formatting it?

Encryption works. I use it. But because old recovery didn't format data partition correctly? / wrong header? / wrong length? you need to format, not only wipe, data partition with newer/fixed recovery. Of course that will remove everything.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Heyyo, experimental build of LineageOS Recovery is going up! lineage-recovery-s2-test1 should work for adb sideload, wiping stuff and installing OTA's via the official lineage updated when encrypted and unencrypted. :good:

This is mainly to test OTA's via the LineageOS updater when encrypted.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/72139

Hi @ThE_MarD
I installed the recovery via TWRP, install img and the LineageOS recovery installed fine and I was able to boot into it.
When I tried to go back to TWRP, I wasn't able to because of the error:
Code:
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Partition flashing is not allowed')
The full log is here:
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.535]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kaleh>cd C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>adb devices
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully
List of devices attached
74e2b1b0        device

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot devices
74e2b1b0        fastboot

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-s2.img
Sending 'recovery' (24618 KB)                      OKAY [  0.810s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Partition flashing is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>
I didn't relock the bootloader.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
@Richard Langlois, please follow the advice of @goazte as an older test build of TWRP during Oreo bring up sometimes broke the encryption footer which results in lockscreen crashes or encryption failing.

I made a guide thread here which will restore your encryption footer so encryption will work again.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/how-to/guide-to-fixing-s2-lockscreen-crash-t3919590
@kalehrl, bro please don't quote and mention in the same post, otherwise I get notifications for both on the same post hehe. :silly:

Hmm, what about fastboot boot TWRP.img and then flashing recovery image from there?

Reactions: kalehrl

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
@ThE_MarD
Mystery solved.
The LineageOS recovery relocks the bootloader:
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.535]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kaleh>cd C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot devices
74e2b1b0        fastboot

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-s2.img
Sending 'boot.img' (24618 KB)                      OKAY [  0.766s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'unlock device to use this command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock-go
                                                   OKAY [  0.047s]
Finished. Total time: 0.063s

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-s2.img
Sending 'recovery' (24618 KB)                      OKAY [  0.824s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.172s]
Finished. Total time: 1.074s

C:\Users\kaleh\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>
So, if you want to go back to TWRP, you need to unlock the bootloader first and then flash TWRP.
EDIT: And don't forget to delete /data/system/locksettings.db via TWRP because your PIN or fingerprint will no longer unlock your device :D
So much hassle this LineageOS recovery :D

Last edited:

T-Jay

Dec 29, 2019
wifi

edit
For some reason one of the devices kept its unique mac adress, while on the others they were replaced by the same default one. Did I do anything wrong in the flashing process? Is it possible to somehow restore the unique mac adress, for example by going back to stock rom and doing somehting different in flashing LOS 16?

Pierdyk

Jan 23, 2019
Reactions: T-Jay and adisa

BMWM5V8

Oct 8, 2015

wifi

the android 9 pixel launcher will always crash if it's not the default recents provider.

Reactions: T-Jay

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
edit
For some reason one of the devices kept its unique mac adress, while on the others they were replaced by the same default one. Did I do anything wrong in the flashing process? Is it possible to somehow restore the unique mac adress, for example by going back to stock rom and doing somehting different in flashing LOS 16?

Edit WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini in /system/vendor/firmware/wlan/prima
You can use Total Commander from the store.
Edit the line Intf0MacAddress=000AF58989FF
You need to be rooted.
After editing, reboot the phone and check the MAC address.

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
Encryption works. I use it. But because old recovery didn't format data partition correctly? / wrong header? / wrong length? you need to format, not only wipe, data partition with newer/fixed recovery. Of course that will remove everything.

Nice to hear that encryption works. On LOS 15.1 Oreo, I was able to encrypt my S2 only to recognize afterwards, that the camera app (stock as well as Gcam) stopped working. Other users reported the same on XDA. Can you confirm that it works now on LOS 16 official after encrypting the device?

temptemp123

Jan 8, 2020
Nice to hear that encryption works. On LOS 15.1 Oreo, I was able to encrypt my S2 only to recognize afterwards, that the camera app (stock as well as Gcam) stopped working. Other users reported the same on XDA. Can you confirm that it works now on LOS 16 official after encrypting the device?

I encrypted before los16 turned official, but I believe everything works. Default (lineageos) camera app works. "Google Camera 6.2.030 port for Le2" works. Camera in apps e.g. Google Duo or Whatsapp works. Bluetooth works. I use no root, no magisk. Just this rom with pico gapps and pattern lock.

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Can anyone please confirm whether team viewer remote control is working on this rom ??

By remote control I mean touch and keyboard control on le 2 from another android phone.

Because on stock rom only screen sharing is available on team viewer.

Or if there is any other rom out there that can give me touch and keyboard controls on le 2 from another android phone please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the LeEco Le 2

Contributors
    Rk585, The_Mard
    Source Code: https://github.com/rk779/android_kernel_leeco_msm8976

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 16.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-02

Created 2018-10-02
    Last Updated 2020-01-04
    Heyyo, so this time for real the first LineageOS 16.0 official build for s2 is up! w00t! Thanks again to all the testers that helped test the builds! Without you guys this would have never been possible! :good:

https://download.lineageos.org/s2
    Screenshots
    Heyyo, wahoo!!!! thanks again @kalehrl and @tImI breakdown , it looks like we are ready to finally test selinux enforcing again! :good:

lineage-16.0-20191007-UNOFFICIAL-s2 is selinux enforcing, including that sepolicy fix for gcam mod for s2 so it will work just as good with selinux enforcing. ;)

The build will be up in about 30 minutes from this post.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71726

Test EVERYTHING you can! ROM + Gapps! I've heard from other s2 devs that casting is indeed buggered on s2 so I'll leave that one up to @Rk585 to fix, along with reverting audio blobs back to Oreo as I don't have EUI ROM for s2 on my PC or those Oreo blobs he was using before.

I don't own an s2 as I've mentioned before, so I'll also be leaving the official s2 for LineageOS 16.0 up to @Rk585 as well.

As before, everything is up here on GitHub for our sources under the lineage-16.0 branch.
    https://github.com/leecodevs/

We did it!
    Heyyo, so a minor update to the stuff with Rk585 for s2... I did a bunch more cleaning up of the init scripts and the BoardConfig and also set up the proper pie mount points for dsp, firmware and persist with backwards compatibility to the previous mounpoints for s2 blobs that can't be updated. ANT+ HIDL is also giving errors, so switch it back to ANT+ VFS as msm8953 blobs we are using doesn't support ANT+ HIDL on pie anyways...

Oh, I've also implemented a few things like triple buffering support. Triple buffering is handy in the sense that if you're playing a 3D game and with VSYNC on and the framerate drops from 60fps? Instead of VSYNC going to 30fps, it'll add a step in between thanks to that extra framebuffer, so it'll drop and try and maintain something like 45fps VSYNC which will result in not so harsh of frametime variance changes when framerate takes a hit. (Frametime variance is the latency between rendered frames and the bigger the jump in that time measurement? The more noticeable the stuttering animations will be). So 3D games (especially emulators that have a harder time maintaining framerate stability) should feel a little more smooth when framerate drops hard.

https://github.com/LeEcoDevs/android_device_leeco_s2/commits/lineage-16.0

So that makes me happy to see s2's device tree a little cleaner too. With these changes? Tissot pie blobs that I requested @Rk585 to Kang should work without a hitch. :good:

So meow? Rk585 just needs to do a build with my committed changes and confirm it boots, then next would be to Kang Tissot pie blobs and then if that boost? Do an selinux enforcing build and see what selinux denials we get and fix those up... Then? We are ready to submit for LineageOS 16.0 official. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone