• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] X96 Air Hybrid AOSP Custom Rom Android 9 [ATV]

Search This thread

bagilence

May 27, 2013
I installed last version,
All is working OK, unfortunately only problem is that is show only 10GB of storage (and my storage is 64GB)
Can somebody help???

My Android Box is X96 Air V2 type, now it said it is X96 Air P3!!!

uc0fix

Sep 4, 2012
Hi, i got x96 air 2/16 (i flash this custom rom and it turned to 2/16) used to 4/32 probably fake device. I wanna ask how pair/connect ps3 controller ? Already bought usb bluettooth. Nothing happen when the six axis started. Sorry for my poor english

ErbDroid

Feb 25, 2018
Hey guys, I just received a X96 Air yesterday, its nice and fast but the firmware is terrible!!!

Looking for a ROM and this seems great!

Only problem I'm having is trying to recognise what version I have?

How would I know if its a P1/P2/P3/P4/V2 etc?

Thank you in advance! cant wait to get rid of this aweful stock firmware!

PV3332

Apr 2, 2014
Dordrecht
All that are looking for a way to use sideloaded apps, just use sideload launcher, it's in the tv playstore, and as the name suggests, especially made for this purpose. Beware sideloaded apps are not updated, chrome is warning you if the version runs out, but not all are. This can have serious security implications, so ask yourself if you can do without. All you reporting non working mouse clicks etc. this is an AndroidTV problem since it's made for use with a remote. Keyboard on TV together with a fisical keyboard is always good for a laugh. Consider a keymapper, there is one in the TV play store, to give that thing you want to click a hotkey. Best version of Bullghost so far. Keep up the good work. By the way, XDA what does ist take to get rid of the remark new member after 7 years!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this custom rom, i made it for my X96 Air box

- base on X96 stock rom
    - latest ATV Google APPs [06-2020]
    - hybrid home, easy switch between ATV home and Non ATV Home
    - easy direct access ATV app from Non ATV Home
    - LiveWallpaper enabled easy Access
    - Upgraded Wifi driver from latest OTA update
    - clean up by remove all unnecessary app from stock rom
    - Home Switcher Support Home from
    • JesonKung
    • Launcher3
    • Xperia
    • ADW
    • Lollipop
    • lawnchair
    - replace file explorer
    - add setting on TV Launcher
    - disable battery status display on launcher widget ( need clear data of launcher app)
    - extra icon pack
    - and Many other tweaks
    - fix broken file management
    - remove droidfile

Code:
    latest update checksum
    //
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    //
    674aa99ffc762f579c38af27e3e2ab6d bullghost-x96air-20210125-signed.zip

for anyone that came from previous version here is the step:
    Code:
    after flash the update, you just only need to clear /wipe the cache partition.
    to install the icon pack, copy the from /vendor/preinstall folder to /sdcard folder

Rom
    Download Rom
    this custom rom, i made it for my X96 Air box

- base on X96 stock rom
    - latest ATV Google APPs [06-2020]
    - hybrid home, easy switch between ATV home and Non ATV Home
    - easy direct access ATV app from Non ATV Home
    - LiveWallpaper enabled easy Access
    - Upgraded Wifi driver from latest OTA update
    - clean up by remove all unnecessary app from stock rom
    - Home Switcher Support Home from
    • JesonKung
    • Launcher3
    • Xperia
    • ADW
    • Lollipop
    • lawnchair
    - replace file explorer
    - add setting on TV Launcher
    - disable battery status display on launcher widget ( need clear data of launcher app)
    - extra icon pack
    - and Many other tweaks
    - fix broken file management
    - remove droidfile

Code:
    latest update checksum
    //
    //
    674aa99ffc762f579c38af27e3e2ab6d bullghost-x96air-20210125-signed.zip

for anyone that came from previous version here is the step:
    Code:
    after flash the update, you just only need to clear /wipe the cache partition.
    to install the icon pack, copy the from /vendor/preinstall folder to /sdcard folder

Rom
    Download Rom
    Sorry!
    How to install this?
    I don't think you can install TWRP on x96 air. But you can use the hinged TWRP to boot into TWRP whenever you want through the stock recovery.

Hi, owning this box, we can install TWRP in recovery by flashing with AmlogicFlasherV1.0 and the TWRP.img which is in the archive HERE, beware it will be ROOT before.
    Update :
    - change Home for support icon themes
    - update tvsetting to bring other setting into one place
    - add more home compatible for home switching
    Hi. Thank you for sharing.

I have been running it for a few hours and I love all the additions of features and the Android TV look (I used Mi Box S before so I prefer this look)

I do have one problem though. On stock firmware, I was able to pass through the audio to my sound bar in kodi (this lets me listen to Dolby Atmos and other surround sound technologies). I tried everything on your rom to make it work but it doesn't seem to work at all.

What worked in stock firmware:

Droid settings - sound - switch it to manual - enable all the options and set DTS to 20%. Go to Kodi, go to Kodi audio settings and enable passthrough, then play a dolby Atmos or DTS file and my soundbar said "Dolby Atmos" or "DTS" whenever I played the respective file.

In your rom:

There are three settings apps. 1 is droid settings from stock firmware, 1 is aosp settings app from stock firmware and 1 is the new settings app with extra features.

I have tried changing the droid settings sound options like on stock firmware but that does not work. I have tried using the new settings apps sound options (tried manual, auto, always allow etc etc) and that does not work either. I'm unable to get passthrough audio.

I always get PCM, even in Atmos/Dolby Digital/DTS files. My sound bar supports all of these codecs, and the box can do passthrough audio as I have already tried it on the stock firmware.

It's possible that it's due to viper4android? But I have disabled the master switch in viper as well.

Sorry for the long post but I was trying to be as detailed as possible. Honestly, apart from this, I have zero issues with your rom. I wanted to use it as a daily driver but this sound output option is a big problem as I watch a lot of 4K movies with Atmos and DTS.

If anyone is considering this rom but don't care about the issue I'm having, go for it. There are no other issues in this rom and is easily a daily driver. Works very well and highly recommended from my end.

hi @Nasty_z ,
    i have apply some change.
    but i dont have sound bar , so i cannot test it,

please try this version on repo
    Code:
    //
    //
    c808b36f0fe6b4c68cc869c688d6dbe6 bullghost-x96air-20200630-signed.zip