[ROM]XenonHD [8.1.0][OMS][UNOFFICIAL][LG G5][H830][H850][07.22.18]

Search This thread

JqlLHv5Kk

May 1, 2018
I've looked back a number of pages and can't seem to find a clear answer to my question, so I figured I'd just ask. Is anyone using this on the H830? If so, how does it work? What's broken? Thanks in advance for any answers!

I also would like to know... Thx!

I am and it's working great for me! Haven't really noticed anything broken. It's super smooth, no lag, phone stays at a good temp, and all my apps work. Mind you I'm using MicroG instead of Gapps so YMMV as far as that goes.

Pphish20

Aug 27, 2015
Boulder
If you know what screen settings to enter, in the firmware, to eliminate the residual image ... but the ideal settings at the kernel level, for this, for example, via ex kernel manager or kernel adiutor, I know and they are completely different from those settings parameters in the firmware.
Concerning bluetooth, if you are working, it does not mean that the others are working well, and this has nothing to do with gaps or TWRP.

Of course Gapps and Bluetooth issues have nothing to do with one another...overtly at least.
I can honestly say though that the audio quality, using Bluetooth, is better with this ROM than it was with Fulmics on my H850.
With the same variant of phone using the same ROM and the same Gapps package, why would someone be facing issues that I have never once encountered?
Perhaps they aren't using the latest recovery, or they aren't formatting internal storage before flashing this ROM...
The point of my post about not having those issues was simply to show that it is possible to use this build as a daily driver.
I would suggest that others facing these issues re-examine the process their flashing process.

Reactions: sickkside13

tavocabe

Sep 5, 2010
Monterrey
I've looked back a number of pages and can't seem to find a clear answer to my question, so I figured I'd just ask. Is anyone using this on the H830? If so, how does it work? What's broken? Thanks in advance for any answers!

I also would like to know... Thx!

I am and it's working great for me! Haven't really noticed anything broken. It's super smooth, no lag, phone stays at a good temp, and all my apps work. Mind you I'm using MicroG instead of Gapps so YMMV as far as that goes.

Working great for me too, only annoyance is that sometimes Google Play will force close when trying to open the app, clearing cache/dalvik solves it. This might be because of gapps version maybe? Using full aroma installer with a few modifications. Other well known bugs are wide angle camera won't work and nfc is broken (remove all nfc files with magisk module to avoid wakelocks). Everything else is great.

Feb 5, 2011
Working great for me too, only annoyance is that sometimes Google Play will force close when trying to open the app, clearing cache/dalvik solves it. This might be because of gapps version maybe? Using full aroma installer with a few modifications. Other well known bugs are wide angle camera won't work and nfc is broken (remove all nfc files with magisk module to avoid wakelocks). Everything else is great.

Thank you both for your reply - that was super helpful to know! I gave the rom a try and can confirm everything you both said, except that I also got the pixalated half screen issue! Does anyone have any idea about why this is happening/suggestions for a fix? The rom seems super stable for me save for that one, strange issue, which renders it almost unusuable!

Thanks!

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Thank you both for your reply - that was super helpful to know! I gave the rom a try and can confirm everything you both said, except that I also got the pixalated half screen issue! Does anyone have any idea about why this is happening/suggestions for a fix? The rom seems super stable for me save for that one, strange issue, which renders it almost unusuable!

Thanks!
I have been checking and rechecking trees and kernel and can't understand at the moment why some are facing this issue. Like I said before I am running recovery version 3.2.1.1 by shunjou. Also you must format data, so move your media and stuff to SD card.

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
anybody whos havin issues isnt reading...got my g5 h830 today...flashed 20a kdz...twrped it....flashed the latest update 20o for latest firmware for my varient....and then formatted storage and flash rom gapps and magisk and its running without a hitch...and i didnt have one single issue...everything worked first try but that may because i actually read and followed every instruction to the .

oh and thanks sickkside13 for your work....man stock android is so neat compared to the lg skin

Reactions: [email protected]

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
anybody whos havin issues isnt reading...got my g5 h830 today...flashed 20a kdz...twrped it....flashed the latest update 20o for latest firmware for my varient....and then formatted storage and flash rom gapps and magisk and its running without a hitch...and i didnt have one single issue...everything worked first try but that may because i actually read and followed every instruction to the .

oh and thanks sickkside13 for your work....man stock android is so neat compared to the lg skin

Can you post step by step or PM me steps? Currently running Fulmics 5.5 with TWRP ... Forget what version...

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
Of course Gapps and Bluetooth issues have nothing to do with one another...overtly at least.
I can honestly say though that the audio quality, using Bluetooth, is better with this ROM than it was with Fulmics on my H850.
With the same variant of phone using the same ROM and the same Gapps package, why would someone be facing issues that I have never once encountered?
Perhaps they aren't using the latest recovery, or they aren't formatting internal storage before flashing this ROM...
The point of my post about not having those issues was simply to show that it is possible to use this build as a daily driver.
I would suggest that others facing these issues re-examine the process their flashing process.

There are plenty of bluetooth devices. Some of them use older or newer versions of bt. It has nothing to do with recovery or flashing. It is something in implementation of Bt. Maybe its LG fault . I am on stock now and on my bt car audio every first call after connecting runs through phone speaker, every other works ok on car audio.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
OnePlus 7
i m curently having issues with wi fi dropping every 2 min , any ideea ?

There should be a guide on how to fix the WiFi Mac address bug. I personally haven't had that issue but I know a lot of users had that issue in nougat. So search for that fix and let us know if it worked.

That's the guide here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g5/how-to/guide-fix-wifi-mac-address-changing-t3533841

But if that's the issue then wifi won't drop every 2 minutes, it simply won't connect at all. Can't hurt to try - but when I used Xenon last week it kept the same MAC across several reboots :)

Feb 5, 2011
New Build Working Great

Well, I tried everything to get the 18.05.03 build to work - went back over my install process with a fine tooth comb and made sure that I had followed the installation instructions to a T, but was still getting that grey screen error! But then I figured I would try the new 18.05.11 build and it worked - perfectly!!! The grey screen issue is gone and the rom is running very, very well!!! There might be a slight issue with call quality (though it could be my network) and the NFC issue is of course ever present, but this is a smooth, stable, daily driver worthy build - I am so, so very grateful!!! Thank you very, very much sickkside13!!!

Ellobo24

Sep 3, 2013
Found this in other thread.

I have noticed for some time that I have had a wakelocks caused by LocationManagerServiceEx. On the XDA I found out that all G5s (and maybe other models) were affected. The solution is to change service.jar and add a line of code to the classes.odex file. Maybe it will be possible to add this solution to the next version of ROM? Or maybe someone knows another, easier solution to this problem?
About problem and solution

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone