[ROM] XIAOMI.EU Mi MIX - Nougat 7.x - MIUI 9 based

Search This thread
TIMEWARP! Today is August 25th! ;)

Xiaomi has released betas earlier than expected/scheduled!
-> http://en.miui.com/thread-751928-1-1.html

therefore xiaomi.eu has released their build at 2017-08-18 here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-8-17.41122/

BEFORE installing/upgrading to this rom - consider this as early BETA with all its consequences!
If you need an rock solid system its better to install the latest Global/China stable!

Update info:
- update MIUI as ususal
-> download .zip based ROM from xiaomi.eu
-> make backup
-> make backup (really! ;) -> advice: create a full TWRP backup)
-> personal advice: install update via TWRP recovery (on my device MIUI 8 Updater damaged the downloaded MIUI9-ROM)
--> If you get an ERROR 7 while install and check if all partitions are marked under mount options. Then enable and disable MTP. Restore your fresh TWRP Backup, reboot into recovery and try the MIUI 9 ROM update again.
---> behaivior seems to be a mounting glitch in TWRP - but was not able to reproduce :-/
-> result: be happy with your fresh installed MIUI 9! :D
- install your favorite root if needed via TWRP (Magisk 13.5 beta works perfectly)

TWRP recovery info:
- modded TWRP recovery 3.1.1-0 for weekly ROM 7.5.15_v8-7.0 - 7.7.20 20170523-2356 by raupe stays compatible with this ROM
- modded TWRP 3.0.2-0 by @MrRaines stays compatible with this ROM

OTA update info:
Today (2017-08-25) xiaomi.eu enabled the OTA update server - you can update your MIUI the easy way again! *yay* -> just press the check for updates button from within MIUI

Last edited:

albertoduqe

May 4, 2017

Xiaomi has release betas earlier than expected/scheduled!

xiaomi.eu is informed and has plans to release their build today here:

Attention: ROM is in build process and currently not available (Status: 2017-08-17 09:40 GMT +2)

BEFORE installing/upgrading to this rom - consider this as early BETA with all its consequences!
If you need an rock solid system its better to install the latest Global/China stable!

Xiaomi.eu 7.8.17 (miui9) for lithium is ON :victory:

Reactions: renganyen

raphael unger

Feb 5, 2010
I tried too , but twrp in downloads shows zip files and not tgz...I am on smarty twrp..any tip ? Thanks

I am sorry, I cant help you in your case.
I am using the TWRP 3.0.2-0 modified by Mr. Raines (Mr. Tomatico)

Maybe it would be useful to flash it too.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

How about is it any good or is it s 2 dayer, magisk?

This version is the best MIUI experience I have ever had with my device. It is so damn fast and splitscreen is awesome too ;)
I would not wait for the next release

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I tried too , but twrp in downloads shows zip files and not tgz...I am on smarty twrp..any tip ? Thanks

Ah forgot to mention, why do you need to see tgz files? I have downloaded the .zip file and flashed it there

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
I am sorry, I cant help you in your case.
I am using the TWRP 3.0.2-0 modified by Mr. Raines (Mr. Tomatico)

Maybe it would be useful to flash it too.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

This version is the best MIUI experience I have ever had with my device. It is so damn fast and splitscreen is awesome too ;)
I would not wait for the next release

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Ah forgot to mention, why do you need to see tgz files? I have downloaded the .zip file and flashed it there
I thought that, that's the fastboot option, going away for weekend will DL and flash when I get there, it bound to be pouring down in the Lake District.

Last edited:

raphael unger

Feb 5, 2010
How is the battery life? (The most important thing to me in every rom and the reason why Im sticking with MIUI and not trying AOSP/lineage based roms)

Since I dont have it that long installed I cant give you a full review, but i dont recognize significantly more battery drain than before ;)
If you like I can give you my opinion once i have done a full decharge cycle ;)

For me the battery life is one of the most important things too, i will stick to MIUI for this reason too

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
Since I dont have it that long installed I cant give you a full review, but i dont recognize significantly more battery drain than before ;)
If you like I can give you my opinion once i have done a full decharge cycle ;)

For me the battery life is one of the most important things too, i will stick to MIUI for this reason too
Does it show down after a year of use

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Xiaomi has released betas earlier than expected/scheduled!

therefore xiaomi.eu has released their build at 2017-08-18 here:

Update info:
    - update MIUI as ususal
    -> download .zip based ROM from xiaomi.eu
    -> make backup
    -> make backup (really! ;) -> advice: create a full TWRP backup)
    -> personal advice: install update via TWRP recovery (on my device MIUI 8 Updater damaged the downloaded MIUI9-ROM)
    --> If you get an ERROR 7 while install and check if all partitions are marked under mount options. Then enable and disable MTP. Restore your fresh TWRP Backup, reboot into recovery and try the MIUI 9 ROM update again.
    ---> behaivior seems to be a mounting glitch in TWRP - but was not able to reproduce :-/
    -> result: be happy with your fresh installed MIUI 9! :D
    - install your favorite root if needed via TWRP (Magisk 13.5 beta works perfectly)

TWRP recovery info:
    - modded TWRP recovery 3.1.1-0 for weekly ROM 7.5.15_v8-7.0 - 7.7.20 20170523-2356 by raupe stays compatible with this ROM
    - modded TWRP 3.0.2-0 by @MrRaines stays compatible with this ROM

OTA update info:
    Today (2017-08-25) xiaomi.eu enabled the OTA update server - you can update your MIUI the easy way again! *yay* -> just press the check for updates button from within MIUI

Happy downloading folks!

Will check if any changes in TWRP are necessary tonight. ;)
    Does xiaomi.eu have already new notification system reply?

Friend: both Xiaomi.eu and are based on the china beta official MIUI builds, as they are weekly and usually are the ones getting the first updates and improvements (appart from the alpha builds). Both teams allow us non chinese users to enjoy the latest of MIUI, also with good tweaks of their own.

As @omerbagi10 told you in the Epic thread, global beta are getting those new modifications, but that line was abandoned in may for the Mix, I guess that when Xiaomi finally got to put all efforts in Mix2 and Mi6 as its flagships.

So yeah, you can either wait (maybe for ever, I do not think another global beta is going to happen for the Mix, and who knows about notifications in the chine beta builds) or just go for one of the nice AOSP/LOS roms out there :)
    What languages ​​are available?
    Only Cn/English?
    Thank you

Well the Xiaomi.eu rom is known to have all common languages, not like the official rom.
    There is no difference here. You can choose between 36 languages.
    I am using german for example. ;)

Xiaomi has release betas earlier than expected/scheduled!

xiaomi.eu is informed and has plans to release their build today here:

Attention: ROM is in build process and currently not available (Status: 2017-08-17 09:40 GMT +2)