• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Xperia X][SUZU] Paranoid Android v7.3.1 [Discussion]

Search This thread

SahilCrazy

Jan 6, 2015
Hi guys,
After this last update 7.3.1 I encountered problems with Bluetooth, it does not work. During the call, the external speakers do not work properly, the volume is too low. I installed the rom after a complete wipe. I have tried installing it even after installing the stock rom (.238) without fixing the problem. The camera has improved a lot but is worse than the stock camera. I encountered these problems both before and after installing the "gapps". I hope this problem can be resolved, because the rom I love it a lot. P.S. I did the Antuantu tests on all the roms available on the XDA forum (Pexorom, AOSPA, Omnirom, Concept rom, Unofficial Lineage) and the results ranged from 65,000 to 70,000 points. The only ROM that has exceeded 80,000 points was the stock rom (.238) with modified root and kernel (by YasuHamed).

The Antutu Benchmark test results are depending on what CPU and GPU governors are used. In most of aosp based roms the default governor is " interactive", and the governor Sony usually sets in their stock kernel is the "performance" governor. Thats the reason why you get a higher result with Sony's stock rom.

If youre using root you can play with the different governors.

For example when the "performance" governor is choosed on aosp based roms (AOSPA, OMNI, ETC), the Antutu test results easily increase about 10.000 points.
So I wouldn't always rely on the results from Antutu tests.

Reactions: Olimpo83

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
The Antutu Benchmark test results are depending on what CPU and GPU governors are used. In most of aosp based roms the default governor is " interactive", and the governor Sony usually sets in their stock kernel is the "performance" governor. Thats the reason why you get a higher result with Sony's stock rom.

If youre using root you can play with the different governors.

For example when the "performance" governor is choosed on aosp based roms (AOSPA, OMNI, ETC), the Antutu test results easily increase about 10.000 points.
So I wouldn't always rely on the results from Antutu tests.

I'm on stock Nougat, and CPU-Z reports the governor is interactive.

And i'm not sure any OEM in their sane mind would set default governor to performance. It will literally roast your battery by forcing your phone's CPU to always run at maximum clock speed.

KOALAaufPILLEN

Nov 29, 2011
Berlin
I tried alot of settings this is the highest I can get with antutu....
it's kinda sad it still feels like it's ****ty slow... I play some mobile legends and viola it's laggy from time to time...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171105-181930.png
    Screenshot_20171105-181930.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 731

S0NY#xx_FTW

Feb 8, 2016
berlin
it would be great if every sony dump have an flashable camera app with settings so you can intsall the stock camera just as normal but it seems like there is no way to implement the stock one to aosp or other roms

(even sh"t like sailfish managed it) dont how hahaha

dyhi

Oct 8, 2017
1080p60 and 720p60 videos are unbearable to watch on YouTube. It looks like 6fps. The audio is fine but the video lags severely behind. I have 60Mbps internet so that can't be the issue.

icyoucef

Jan 22, 2015
No working Camera recording and fingerprint

Hi everybody, Thanks for share, i have flashed PA Aosp Rom 7.3.1 latest on my Xperia X dual f5122 and camera recording is not working so Fingerprint Sensor, i checked the vesion and dev says that camera recording probleme were fixed on 7.3.1 but i still have problems, have any body encountered this ? or just me ( ps:i flashed roms twice ,clean flash + gapps everything good ).
Any suggestion would help to make it my daily system, Thanks

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
Hi everybody, Thanks for share, i have flashed PA Aosp Rom 7.3.1 latest on my Xperia X dual f5122 and camera recording is not working so Fingerprint Sensor, i checked the vesion and dev says that camera recording probleme were fixed on 7.3.1 but i still have problems, have any body encountered this ? or just me ( ps:i flashed roms twice ,clean flash + gapps everything good ).
Any suggestion would help to make it my daily system, Thanks
When and where did dev say that recording problems solved?

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
Hi there, I am sorry that we have stopped providing builds for Nougat PA but we are still working away.
These bugs have been noted and now don't seem to be apparent on 8.1.

However, there is an issue with the FP HAL on all devices supported by Sony and I recommend using the following to fix the issue: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/21#issuecomment-349622248

Thank you for your patience and support.

mykalbrock

Mar 25, 2013
Has anyone had issues coming from 8.1 Omni rom? Wiped everything and tried. Ive flashed a few times and it just hangs at boot logo.

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
Is the aospa project being shelved? Because even though their Google+ community is active and sources seem to be available, there hasnt been any development of a stable 8.1 ROM. Even their site is insaccessible; it just shows a blank page for legacy and official devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paranoid Android team now officially supports Xperia X. I am not not a developer. I am creating this thread for discussions about this ROM.

Download : http://get.aospa.co/official/suzu
    Hi there, I am sorry that we have stopped providing builds for Nougat PA but we are still working away.
    These bugs have been noted and now don't seem to be apparent on 8.1.

However, there is an issue with the FP HAL on all devices supported by Sony and I recommend using the following to fix the issue: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/21#issuecomment-349622248

Thank you for your patience and support.
    Camera does not suck, the reason the photos. Were blurry was because the stock gallery app takes alot of time to render the image. Here's a sample image that I took.

I think this is a good ROM but I won't be using it for now since I don't want to do a full reset of my phone.

UPDATE: video recording does not work.
    As stated on their page, you probably have to download version 7.2.3 yourself with your browser and flash it manually with twrp.

Thanks for the reply.
    I did exactly that and it worked.
    Still get random restarts but fewer. Two in 2 days, so that's acceptable :D
    Overall phone speed better.

EDIT: Disabled Pocket detection. No restarts since.
    Congrats, we are the first who've got AOSPA based on Android O. Please test it, guys.
    Everything is here.