[ROM] [xROM Eclair 1.1] [2.1] [AOSP/CMSource] [JAC-Kernel] [Fast] [Stable] 1/27/2010

Search This thread

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
WWARNING:You must Have The Correct Radio and Latest SPL! You can find them here (RADIO MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST) You can find it here

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE FLASHING ANY ROM INCLUDING MINE IT WILL SAVE YOU AND OTHERS TIME AND HEADACHE!!!

AOSP Eclair (CyanogenMOD) forked source compiled by JAC. Thanks to Cyanogen for making the source public. Source available here http://github.com/cyanogen :) And of course Thanks to all the devs on XDA and in the Android community in general for making Android better for the masses.

Install as usual please wipe for good measure. The Danger/Haykuro SPL is required folks as stated above.

If you like what I do consider donating here

We are no longer on 2.01 source. If you are using beta3 with 2.01 source please upgrade to the current stable 1.0 which is compiled using 2.1 source.v1.0 2.1 source was release on 1/27/2010

xROM-Eclair-1.1

-G1/MT3G support
-2.1 AOSP Source with tons of enhancements by Cyanogen and JAC
-5 Screen Launcher.apk
-MT working in Browser.apk and Gallery.apk
-Swipe gestures in Gallery.apk
-Modded Settings.apk with Ext partition info
-A2SD support for ext2/3/4 partitions with noatime etc
-safe boot and shutdown eg. checks for fs corruption
-Cgroup tweaks
-Gallery3D
-Wysie's phone.apk
-Voice to Text service working
-working livewallpapers thanks to jubeh
-lib updates
-Camera lib from (Ncommander)
-Modified APN list
-Reboot option from the power button
-Amazon MP3
-FLAC support
-VM tweaks
-Tether support for USB and WiFi
-TCP optimizations
-Tons of etra modules CIFS AUFS etc
-ZipAligned and Png opt
-RIL tweaks
-Commandline extras: powertop etc
-lock home app in memory control from spareparts.apk
-Compcache control from spareparts.apk
-WifiTether for Eclair included

Kernel
-2.6.29.6-jac kernel compiled for Eclair
-Eclair 2.0 MT API
-Modified RAMdisk for Eclair with trigger support for init.rc etc
-Nexus sdcc driver
-ext2/3/4 FS support
-Squashfs 4.0 and AUFS support
-CPU scaling and freq tweaks
-Deadline I/O fifo=1
Compcache modules compiled with the latest source (01/14/2010)
-many more tweaks for speed and stability

Changelog:
Memory leaks in openssl fixed
Su request issues fixed
reverted vendor.apk
removed provision.apk
VM Tweaks
updated contacts.apk

Download
xROM Eclair 2.1 Stable v1.1 www.justanotherdev.slackdev.com/xROM-Eclair-2.1-1.1.zip

MD5:89395fa568446454aa667a52d751b83e

xROM Eclair Dark www.justanotherdev.slackdev.com/xROM-Eclair-2.1-1.1Dark.zip

MD5:a457d2793e4a89ce48daefba781a0d79

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited:

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
Source from Cyanogen Many thanks! Heres a quick rundown on building for Cyanogen

You will need to have the standard build envrionment setup for Android available at http://source.android.com/download

The source is available to be repo'd from repo init -u git://github.com/cyanogen/android.git -b eclair

then
build as usual make sure to check out the Cyanogen vendor trees and include the buildspec.mk with this data below

TARGET_PRODUCT:=cyanogen_dream_us
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT:=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE:=release

You may run into some issues with @Override and Java 5 as well as other misc issues I had to overcome. The most recent repo does not build as is..will try and get more info up soon

Last edited:

senab

Apr 29, 2008
London, UK
www.senab.co.uk
Working great for me! Flashed from CM 4.2.11.1 without wipe with no f/c's or problems.

Would be nice if you could include bash and nano, but I can manually push them over from CM. Just waiting for a ram hack version of the kernel ;)

JAguirre1231

Working great for me! Flashed from CM 4.2.11.1 without wipe with no f/c's or problems.

Would be nice if you could include bash and nano, but I can manually push them over from CM. Just waiting for a ram hack version of the kernel ;)

I enjoy ram hacks, but they seem to break bluetooth for eclair roms. Gonna flash this later and see how it is, I'm sure it will be good though.

Nice to see you back JAC

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
E: Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/busybox (no such file or directory)
E: Failture at line 23: set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/b

Installation aborted.

This comes when i try to flash over my wiped CM 4.2.11.1 on T-Mobile G1

jubeh

Mar 15, 2009
The Gapps you're using on this rom are from the milestone dump, huh?
Do you know exactly what it was that cyanogen did to fix the Google Sync problem?
I'd like to get that change into my AOSP build. I haven't looked (or even cloned) the source yet, but I've got a hunch it's something he changed on his sync provider. Guess I'll check out the source.

pj_bj

Jun 28, 2009
Just flashed xROM Eclair/AOSP, I had to admit it's awsome one. It takes 4 mins for the first reboot, that's the fastest first reboot amoung all the eclair roms i've flashed. But for me , there are some problems:

1. I've got android.process.acore FCs for several times.
2. There's no swap support for this rom by default, when I add swap, the phone seems to be faster. Is swap recommended for this rom?
3. I use Mybackup Pro to backup my phonebook, but only 25 of my 500contacts will be restored, which never accured on donut and cupcake.

Thanks JAC for your excellent roms and happy new year.

JAguirre1231

justanotherdev via twitter

@bluenazgul it should fit on the stock SPL..i have not actually tested that though

but i dont want to change SPL cuz the warranty

I'm sure you can roll back to stock spl at any time, and the haykuro spl brings so much more space for apps and such. Anyways the only thing I can see if you need to use the warranty is if you brick, but if you do that then they can't see what spl you have anyway