• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Xtended] [Unofficial] [A11 October 1 2021 Security Patch] For Note9 [Exynos]

Search This thread

Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
I am not responsible if you brick your device installing this ROM, you are installing this at your own risk.

Downloads

Galaxy Note9

Create device backup first:

1. Boot TWRP/OrangeFox by pressing Bixby+VOL_UP+PWR as you are booting your device.
2. Go tho the backup tab of TWRP/OrangeFox
3. Backup Data, System, Cache, Boot, and System Image
4. Then backup the TWRP/Fox folder on your device to your computer just in case anything goes wrong.

How to install:

1. Boot TWRP/OrangeFox by pressing Bixby+VOL_UP+PWR as you are booting your device.
2. Go do the wipe tab of your recovery of choice, and wipe; DATA, CACHE, SYSTEM, and DALVIK CACHE.
3. Then flash the ROM you copied over to your device, or flash the ROM via ADB, it is up to you.
Reboot and enjoy!

Credits:

Thanks to the arrow-devices github community for the device sources for the S9 series of devices: Their Github Page
Samsung vendor (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))
Galaxy Note 9 device tree
Galaxy *9 Series kernel (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))
Galaxy *9 Series common tree (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))

Huge thanks to Baddar90 for fixing the battery drain issue this rom was having.
The fix source code: here
His Github: here

Gapps: (credits of the Flame Gapps Team. (Their website)

1.To flash Gapps first download Flame Gapps from here (full gapps package), here (basic gapps package)
2.Then boot TWRP/OrangeFox with the above method.
3. Find the Gapps zip you downloaded, tap on it, and swipe to flash.
4.Reboot and you should have Gapps!

How to get the out of box google setup experience when flashing Gapps (recommended):
1.After flashing the ROM reboot the device once to make sure the ROM boots.
2. On the home screen enter the power menu and then tap on "Reboot" then "Recovery.
3. Once your phone is in the custom recovery of choice, wipe the data partition.
4. Then flash Gapps again.
5. Reboot and you should have access to the the Gapps out of box setup experience!

For those of you who want to use MicroG I will not be covering it here. But the NoGoolag Telegram group as well as r/Privacy on Reddit should be able to help you if you would like to take that route.
r/privacy
NoGoolag Telegram Group

Other Telegram Groups:
Xtended ROM Telegram Group
Exynos 9810 Group (If you would like a Kernel that can help improve battery life you can ask about it here)

P.S Xtended is a great ROM, but it does have a few more bugs than other custom ROMS may have. Not enough to cause any issues but enough for you to notice the occasional hiccup here and there. This ROM is great for people who like A LOT of customizability though. By the way, bur is alos broken to and their is nothing I can do about that sorry. I'd recommend going to Display-Enable Blurs, and toggle it to off. After a device reboot at least you will get some transparency.
I hope you like it!

Also tell me if the ROM works on your Note9 as I can then remove that "Untested" badge from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaternet

Microprod

Jan 7, 2021
Started using this ROM since yesterday and it's great and stable, I would use it over ColtOS tbh. Great amount of customization, though I do miss being able to tweak how transparent the notifications are, can't find that anywhere. One thing that doesn't work is blurring and I believe that it's a problem with the device itself, blurring doesn't work on many other ROMs as well, though LineageOS does it fine for some reason. Dual SIM seems to be working. The built in launcher is not that stable, sometimes it decides to crash and the swipe gestures won't work anymore, fixable by restarting SystemUI. So overall it's a pretty nice experience which can be improved a bit but it's perfectly usable.

Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
Started using this ROM since yesterday and it's great and stable, I would use it over ColtOS tbh. Great amount of customization, though I do miss being able to tweak how transparent the notifications are, can't find that anywhere. One thing that doesn't work is blurring and I believe that it's a problem with the device itself, blurring doesn't work on many other ROMs as well, though LineageOS does it fine for some reason. Dual SIM seems to be working. The built in launcher is not that stable, sometimes it decides to crash and the swipe gestures won't work anymore, fixable by restarting SystemUI. So overall it's a pretty nice experience which can be improved a bit but it's perfectly usable.
Thanks! Sorry bout the system launcher didn't know that was happening. (With every rom I switch right to nova launcher tbh.) As for transparent notifications that is something I missed coming from crdroid too. While it doesn't allow for the amount of notification trasnparency to be selected there IS a transparent theme in settings you can choose. It is still a dark theme but the background of apps become your wallpaper and the notifications become alot more transparent which I think is kinda cool. As for the blur it is apparently how well the rom devs supportali GPUs, and alot of them don't support them that well. As I have zero programming skill, idk how to fix it. Sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible if you brick your device installing this ROM, you are installing this at your own risk.

Downloads

Galaxy Note9

Create device backup first:

2. Go tho the backup tab of TWRP/OrangeFox
    3. Backup Data, System, Cache, Boot, and System Image
    4. Then backup the TWRP/Fox folder on your device to your computer just in case anything goes wrong.

How to install:

2. Go do the wipe tab of your recovery of choice, and wipe; DATA, CACHE, SYSTEM, and DALVIK CACHE.
    3. Then flash the ROM you copied over to your device, or flash the ROM via ADB, it is up to you.
    Reboot and enjoy!

Credits:

Thanks to the arrow-devices github community for the device sources for the S9 series of devices: Their Github Page
    Samsung vendor (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))
    Galaxy Note 9 device tree
    Galaxy *9 Series kernel (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))
    Galaxy *9 Series common tree (credit: Synt4x.93 (XDA) Synt4x93 (Github))

Huge thanks to Baddar90 for fixing the battery drain issue this rom was having.
    The fix source code: here
    His Github: here

Gapps: (credits of the Flame Gapps Team. (Their website)

1.To flash Gapps first download Flame Gapps from here (full gapps package), here (basic gapps package)
    2.Then boot TWRP/OrangeFox with the above method.
    3. Find the Gapps zip you downloaded, tap on it, and swipe to flash.
    4.Reboot and you should have Gapps!

How to get the out of box google setup experience when flashing Gapps (recommended):
    1.After flashing the ROM reboot the device once to make sure the ROM boots.
    2. On the home screen enter the power menu and then tap on "Reboot" then "Recovery.
    3. Once your phone is in the custom recovery of choice, wipe the data partition.
    4. Then flash Gapps again.
    5. Reboot and you should have access to the the Gapps out of box setup experience!

For those of you who want to use MicroG I will not be covering it here. But the NoGoolag Telegram group as well as r/Privacy on Reddit should be able to help you if you would like to take that route.
    r/privacy
    NoGoolag Telegram Group

Other Telegram Groups:
    Xtended ROM Telegram Group
    Exynos 9810 Group (If you would like a Kernel that can help improve battery life you can ask about it here)

P.S Xtended is a great ROM, but it does have a few more bugs than other custom ROMS may have. Not enough to cause any issues but enough for you to notice the occasional hiccup here and there. This ROM is great for people who like A LOT of customizability though. By the way, bur is alos broken to and their is nothing I can do about that sorry. I'd recommend going to Display-Enable Blurs, and toggle it to off. After a device reboot at least you will get some transparency.
    I hope you like it!

Also tell me if the ROM works on your Note9 as I can then remove that "Untested" badge from it.