[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 9 [Android TV]

Search This thread

Xannytech

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2009
Rome
So it's Android Tv time. :highfive:
It's a frankenfirmware, so there is not a clear base, i adapted it to X96 Max and GT1 Mini devices but it shoud run on many other device based on U211 motherboard so S905X2.
Probably if it's not clearly meant for your device you'll have to change the remote config file in vendor/etc., and you'll get some lack on functionality on led or accessory devices, you have just to test it, but be careful:

WARNING:
I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean
;)
Apks included:

• Opengapps Atv
  • App Drawer from LineageOs
  • Totalcommander
  • Magiskmanager
  • Aptoide ATV
  • Netflix
  • Kodi
  • VLC
  • AmazonPrime Video for atv though it doesn't work on level 3 devices
Then you know me is optimized, tweaked and tested, i personnaly use these firmwares.

Known Bugs:

- X96 Max 2/16: Youtube native app gives greenish video, it's a core problem of this device i hope manufacturer will solve this in short.

This is not a real bug but a lack of these low cost devices:
Amazon Prime doesn't start cause lacking of Level 1 Widevine certification.

Flash it with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8: load the fw, then, after the file check is completed click start, plug the usb male to male cable in the blu usb (3.0) and wait for completion.

XTMOD Android TV 4 Changelog:
- Updated many Android Tv apps;
- Updated Magisk root; (reboot once to activate it)
- Standard Topbar and Navbar are present but not visible swipe up swipe down (some users asked me for that);
- as the previous version double click on home button brings up recent app;
- Fixed some wrong fix :silly:;
- Fixed Ethernet Bug on X96 Max 3/4 Gb the 2gb has no bug;
- Probably fixed S-Pdif Bug;

- Many things i forgot to note in the process.:D
- it's pratically a whole new release, so some new bug it's possible :p

- on X96 Max 2Gb device fixed yt Video Bug on streaming and Wifi Bug.

Download Links:

NOTE:
If you woul like to report bug, issue ot whatever, write clearly which device and do not ask for things that are not included in actual Amlogic sources, i can do something but i cannot create gold without lead
:cool:

Enjoy! :good:

If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer :p

or support me:

SEND ME A DONATION

Last edited:

rsteelion

Jun 13, 2013
Flashing was correct. Rom loaded properly, yet during configuration I am not able to go to pairing mod by pressing Back and Home buttons of my remote for 6, 7, 8 or whatever seconds I wait. I tried different buttons configurations with same luck. I am able to escape from this screen to go trough google configuration and after introductions screens system is preparing my home screen and at the end returning to pairing mod screen when I should press those buttons :eek: I am stacked. My device is x96 max 4/64. Help :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: banisgud

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
Flashing was correct. Rom loaded properly, yet during configuration I am not able to go to pairing mod by pressing Back and Home buttons of my remote for 6, 7, 8 or whatever seconds I wait. I tried different buttons configurations with same luck. I am able to escape from this screen to go trough google configuration and after introductions screens system is preparing my home screen and at the end returning to pairing mod screen when I should press those buttons :eek: I am stacked. My device is x96 max 4/64. Help :laugh:
You don't need to pair IR remote, the initial setup it's for other kind of remote, just press back then approve also google location services, probably it's disabled by you, normal behaviour in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsteelion

rsteelion

Jun 13, 2013
You don't need to pair IR remote, the initial setup it's for other kind of remote, just press back then approve also google location services, probably it's disabled by you, normal behaviour in this case.
OK. That is probably it ;) Yet, could you do something about those location services to be controlled by the user/admin not by the system? Just not to be mandatory to use this ROM. I just do not like something is not fully control by me :silly: Is Selinux in permissive mod in here as same as in normal XTMOD? What about other tweaks and tricks? Will you be preparing some changelog for it? Thank you Xanny, it looks very promising. I will test it with pleasure.

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
OK. That is probably it ;) Yet, could you do something about those location services to be controlled by the user/admin not by the system? Just not to be mandatory to use this ROM. I just do not like something is not fully control by me :silly: Is Selinux in permissive mod in here as same as in normal XTMOD? What about other tweaks and tricks? Will you be preparing some changelog for it? Thank you Xanny, it looks very promising. I will test it with pleasure.
It's the official google setup, i can just try to avoid wrong user choice pre modding user data, they want you to approve locations so they will not reccommend you movies for the wrong region.

Yes the fw has permissive mode and is magisk rooted.

Reactions: rsteelion

deki032

May 16, 2012
Hi friend, after (hope proper) flashing my ☓ 96 Max 2/16I have not signal on my TV.. I try to change hdmi in, try to flash again and try flash factory fw and nothing happend.. Only no signal.. I have signal on my device display , have boot after that I have clock on display, but I haven't signal on TV.. Do you have some suggestion? Thank you and best regards
P. S. Burnig tool show me that flashing is ok and flashed

Last edited:

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
Hi friend, after (hope proper) flashing my ☓ 96 Max 2/16I have not signal on my TV.. I try to change hdmi in, try to flash again and try flash factory fw and nothing happend.. Only no signal.. I have signal on my device display , have boot after that I have clock on display, but I haven't signal on TV.. Do you have some suggestion? Thank you and best regards
P. S. Burnig tool show me that flashing is ok and flashed
i tested every firmwares and i know they work properly. So something happened during flash if you own a X96Max 2/16 you should have downloaded this firmware: XTM_X96_2_16_ATV_1_0 .img
If the firmware is correct we have to check:
Amlogic burning tool 2.1.6.8

and the parameters used during flash:
leave them as the program propose without unthicking anything, then click start and connect your device.

If nothing helps honestly dunno cause the fw is working right now on my device ;)

deki032

May 16, 2012
i tested every firmwares and i know they work properly. So something happened during flash if you own a X96Max 2/16 you should have downloaded this firmware: XTM_X96_2_16_ATV_1_0 .img
If the firmware is correct we have to check:
Amlogic burning tool 2.1.6.8

and the parameters used during flash:
leave them as the program propose without unthicking anything, then click start and connect your device.

If nothing helps honestly dunno cause the fw is working right now on my device ;)
I do it everything as you describe it, fw is correct, burning tools also, downloaded earlier (i can't download it from your link), didn't unthick anything.. Have no errors during flashing, show everything is ok, flash is done.. Only unusual for me is when connect device on my pc I heard multiple sound of connect and disconnect, but burning tool don't give me any errors.. Look my friend it's ok, i have no doubt in your fw and it's my choice to try it, sometimes bad things just happen.. I count on your experience, suppose that you see many things whit devices and maybe you can help me.. Best regards

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
I do it everything as you describe it, fw is correct, burning tools also, downloaded earlier (i can't download it from your link), didn't unthick anything.. Have no errors during flashing, show everything is ok, flash is done.. Only unusual for me is when connect device on my pc I heard multiple sound of connect and disconnect, but burning tool don't give me any errors.. Look my friend it's ok, i have no doubt in your fw and it's my choice to try it, sometimes bad things just happen.. I count on your experience, suppose that you see many things whit devices and maybe you can help me.. Best regards
If everything gone well, it must works ... The only question now: is your tv resolution?

deki032

May 16, 2012
If everything gone well, it must works ... The only question now: is your tv resolution?
I will check it, but device alredy working with factory fw.. Thank you for suggestion..

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I will check it, but device alredy working with factory fw.. Thank you for suggestion..
On display of device I can see boot and afer that clock, but no signal on tv..

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
@Xannytech: A minor bug: on the favorite, although it removed the favorites or arranged the application personally, but when reboot, the application will return to the same way.
Hmm it's weird try to open termux app or thru adb shell:
Code:
 su
rm -rf /data/data/com.google.android.tvlauncher/
reboot
Then the launcher data is resetted, then should work.

Last edited:

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

On display of device I can see boot and afer that clock, but no signal on tv..
ok test the standard version here: https://xdaforums.com/android-stick...om-xtmod-u211-devices-x96max-gt1mini-t3887379

not the atv just to understand what's happening.
then have you a link to your original firmware? i have a idea.

Reactions: Khaare

deki032

May 16, 2012
ok test the standard version here: https://xdaforums.com/android-stick...om-xtmod-u211-devices-x96max-gt1mini-t3887379

not the atv just to understand what's happening.
then have you a link to your original firmware? i have a idea.
I have factory fw, if you ask me that? .. I tried to flash also but same thing happend.. Shout me my friend with your idea.. ☺️

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I have factory fw, if you ask me that? .. I tried to flash also but same thing happend.. Shout me my friend with your idea.. ☺️
I will try later to flash your rom.. ☺️

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I will try later to flash your rom.. ☺️
i'm trying to understand what's happened, so i would like to examine the dtd of your original firmware to see if the hardware is different.

deki032

May 16, 2012
i'm trying to understand what's happened, so i would like to examine the dtd of your original firmware to see if the hardware is different.
I will put link here, you can download from same location as me...

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

I will put link here, you can download from same location as me...
And thank you for your time my friend..

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/x96-max-firmware-links.14717/ from this link I downloaded my factory fw...couple days ago i bricked device whit wrong fw and with this fw and short pin bring him alive ..now short pin do not help me because burnig tool see my device,and burnig tool flash fw without any errors..

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Fleshed your original rom,same..burning tool fleshed,boot on display but no signal on tv..and tv is full hd..

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
couple days ago i bricked device whit wrong fw and with this fw and short pin bring him alive ..now short pin do not help me because burnig tool see my device,and burnig tool flash fw without any errors..

Ah...that's an important information, you shorted the two hdmi pins? if yes... your hdmi could be broken.

deki032

May 16, 2012
Ah...that's an important information, you shorted the two hdmi pins? if yes... your hdmi could be broken.
No hdmi pins, this two pins are far and have not line to hdmi and it's working until yesterday.. I thinking about to flash incorrect rom again, to bring device in red (blue) light brick, just idea..

Xannytech

Jan 17, 2009
Rome
No hdmi pins, this two pins are far and have not line to hdmi and it's working until yesterday.. I thinking about to flash incorrect rom again, to bring device in red (blue) light brick, just idea..
Hmm, it's strange that you have no signal, something happened, but it can not just happen flashing roms or my devices would have died many times. : D: D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it's Android Tv time. :highfive:
    It's a frankenfirmware, so there is not a clear base, i adapted it to X96 Max and GT1 Mini devices but it shoud run on many other device based on U211 motherboard so S905X2.
    Probably if it's not clearly meant for your device you'll have to change the remote config file in vendor/etc., and you'll get some lack on functionality on led or accessory devices, you have just to test it, but be careful:

WARNING:
    I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
    You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
    My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean
    ;)
    Apks included:

• Opengapps Atv
    • App Drawer from LineageOs
    • Totalcommander
    • Magiskmanager
    • Aptoide ATV
    • Netflix
    • Kodi
    • VLC
    • AmazonPrime Video for atv though it doesn't work on level 3 devices
    Then you know me is optimized, tweaked and tested, i personnaly use these firmwares.

Known Bugs:

- X96 Max 2/16: Youtube native app gives greenish video, it's a core problem of this device i hope manufacturer will solve this in short.

This is not a real bug but a lack of these low cost devices:
    Amazon Prime doesn't start cause lacking of Level 1 Widevine certification.

Flash it with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8: load the fw, then, after the file check is completed click start, plug the usb male to male cable in the blu usb (3.0) and wait for completion.

XTMOD Android TV 4 Changelog:
    - Updated Magisk root; (reboot once to activate it)
    - Standard Topbar and Navbar are present but not visible swipe up swipe down (some users asked me for that);
    - as the previous version double click on home button brings up recent app;
    - Fixed some wrong fix :silly:;
    - Fixed Ethernet Bug on X96 Max 3/4 Gb the 2gb has no bug;
    - Probably fixed S-Pdif Bug;

- Many things i forgot to note in the process.:D
    - it's pratically a whole new release, so some new bug it's possible :p

- on X96 Max 2Gb device fixed yt Video Bug on streaming and Wifi Bug.

Download Links:

NOTE:
    If you woul like to report bug, issue ot whatever, write clearly which device and do not ask for things that are not included in actual Amlogic sources, i can do something but i cannot create gold without lead
    :cool:

Enjoy! :good:

If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer :p

or support me:

SEND ME A DONATION
    I'm back: ATV firmware 4.0

OK guys i'm back, i apologize for the delay but i got some problem in my RL my father got very sick and has been hospitalized for long, so i was helping him.
    But now i'm here, i'm uploading a V.4.0 of my ATV Firmware, with many fixes and updated softwares.
    The main fixes are Ethernet bug and i hope but not sure a S-PDIF fix, the manufaturer give me these fixes, many other are internal fixes, and i updated as well kernel and root.
    I'll post X96 Max 2Gb and if someone ask me also a GT1 Mini Updated firmware (not sure if some user uses it) when i get the updated firmwares for these devices, the rom is almost ready but waiting for the right base.
    Enjoy.
    I updated the link in first page JUST FOR X96 Max 3/4gb ;)
    Xtmod-Atv 2.0 is coming...

Changelog until now...

XTM ATV 2.0 Changelog (most of the thing i fixed are not visible for the users):
    - compiled with modified dtb for LG tv (www.4pda.ru);
    - fixed some bugs in generic.kl (not all key #28 will stay like ENTER to avoid problems with keyboards);
    - re-added Cromecast app;
    - kodi 17.6 to kodi 18 rc2;
    - added native support library libamcodec.so;
    - double click on home button brings recent app up (was like this also in previous version. ;) );

- fixed optimizations for Kodi and spmc apps;
    - removed presetted preferred app cause was causing a bug;
    - corrected many issues and bugs to speedup the fw;
    - updated all the tv gapps to the best versions;
    - fixed a stupid bug in props;
    - rebased firmware on a new version for X96 Max (not publicly available), Gt1 Mini will be based on 115N0
    Update XTMOD Android TV 3

I'm in the process of completing the FINAL version i hope the third of my Android tv firmwares because it's a huge step forward .

So far what i've done:
    - Fixed Android Tv remote App;
    - Fixed Chromecast;
    - Fixed Webview little bug;
    - Removed Chrome in favor of Firefox for Android TV;
    - Fixed AOSP keyboard disappearing on some languages;
    - Generic.kl reverted to stock due some user complaining (i use an airmouse);
    - Huge changing in framework...i used some dirty tricks... but it's better;
    - Many things i forgot to note in the process.:p
    drink.gif
    V3 is online

Enjoy