[ROM][XXELKC][8.12] HyperLight v1.4.1 - stripped & tweaked [238MB]

Search This thread

asilviug

May 3, 2012
I have used all releases of this rom and off course hyper galaxy ones with three different kernels: stock, syah and phenomenal. Any combination of any rom with any kernel worked well no problem...
Until the last release, the one with the aroma installer. I have installed and flashed three times already with different setups and all the times proved to be laggy after one day usage...very laggy.

I haven't changed my setups really much from rom to rom and all worked fine until 1.2

The whole idea of this rom was to be minimalistic and now from ~250mb as it used to be it is ~500...I don't like this I think the basic version should still remain without aroma just as an alternative for us.

All in all this is not a good direction adopted by the developer...

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
Maybe it's a little work for you to provide two or three version of your ROM but I like the concept of the choice of three different ROM's without Aroma Installer.

To be honest, I don't see the issue of a large installation file resulting in a stripped ROM. Almost everyone has an internet connection with a decent bandwith (besides the users who download the file on 3G), so downloading the file shouldn't be an issue. Maybe it's not too clear in version 1.2, but the aroma installer actually allows a more stripped and more tweaked ROM than ever before. For example, in the next version, stuff like NFC will be optional.

While using HyperGalaxy and working on HyperLight I saw and received many questions regarding removed apps and libraries to be added. This Aroma installer allows you to choose your own setup in flavour, installed apps, tweaks and theme options. This results in a one time larger download versus the old way, where you had to download the ROM, several separate zip files and flash them all separately.

In my opinion, the Aroma config is not only more efficient from a user perspective, it also saves me lots of time. As the flavour setup is now integrated in the Aroma script, it allows me to spend more time on actual improvements of the ROM instead of repeating the same steps over and over again for every new ROM base that is released by Samsung. Not only for creating the different flavours, but also for maintaining the extra zipped add-ons as well. Maybe the most important, without this Aroma script I probably would have never done V1.2 and stopped maintaining this ROM.

Looking again at your remarks about the tweaks; Yes, some are double or even conflicting with eachother. Therefore I've preselected some tweaks I think (and tested) should be working good. I'll add extra Aroma options in new versions to make it easier to install no tweaks at all. Maybe not all tweaks apply to our phone which has pretty good support from the manufacturer at this moment, but future releases of PMR tweaks can be integrated quite easily with this foundation. Feedback on the selected tweaks is always appreciated, to keep the discussion open please post your remarks in detail into this thread.

I've also noticed a contradiction in your post. On the one side you're referring to kristofpetho's work, on the other side you appreciate the different flavours. I think kristofpetho was (and still is) doing an excellent job, but I want to remind you that HyperGalaxy came in just one flavour with a small amount of zipped add-ons. On the other side, developers like wanam integrated bloat-remove scripts in their ROMs that will result in an almost identical ROM like HyperGalaxy and some developers released even more stripped ROMs that are almost unusable as a daily driver without installing lots of zipped add-ons.

So to keep this ROM alive, evolution is necessary and the applied changes resulted in more downloads, positive feedback and the most important; more people out there being able to enjoy the benefits of a stripped and (if desired) tweaked ROM without having to limit usability and functionality. And that is the main philosophy behind this ROM. As I discovered in the past few months, the term "bloatware" is extremely subjective and I realise that I can't statisfy everyones needs regarding themes, tweaks and add-ons, but the Aroma set up enables me to make the ROM usabel for more people.

Having this said, in the near future you can expect some new work from kristofpetho in this ROM. I also might make a basic version if requested, but I won't create additional zipped add-ons. I don't have time nor the motivation to do that. However, feel free to create and distribute your own ROM based on my work, as long as you give the right people the right credits.

After ech reboot, swiftkey gets swapped out for stock

Thanks for your feedback. Consider it fixed in v1.3, I've rebooted several times and switfkey stays enabled and the default keyboard. Please hang on for a bit.

I have used all releases of this rom and off course hyper galaxy ones with three different kernels: stock, syah and phenomenal. Any combination of any rom with any kernel worked well no problem...
Until the last release, the one with the aroma installer. I have installed and flashed three times already with different setups and all the times proved to be laggy after one day usage...very laggy.

I haven't changed my setups really much from rom to rom and all worked fine until 1.2

The whole idea of this rom was to be minimalistic and now from ~250mb as it used to be it is ~500...I don't like this I think the basic version should still remain without aroma just as an alternative for us.

All in all this is not a good direction adopted by the developer...

For a detailed explanation of the ROM growing, see my answer above. If I can get it working, I'll adjust the Aroma installer in 1.3 to make a basic configuration without too much work. For now, just install it with stock kernel, enable both supercharger as well as bestmultitasking, and disable all advanced tweaks. That will give you a configuration the same as previous basic flavour. Please keep in mind that earlier HyperLight versions used other (previous) bestmultitasking versions which might affect performance.

Last edited:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
To be honest, I don't see the issue of a large installation file resulting in a stripped ROM.

For me aroma is nice. I do not like better multi tasking mod and a few of the others, and to be able to unselect them at install is very nice.
Having to try to un install them later is a much bigger hassle.
If there was no aroma installer I'd prefer a pure stripped stock base, NO mods, being able to install whatever i want later.

Now with aroma this is actually possible. It caters for everyone. It even defaults to a lot of the common / nice tweaks, so even pure noobs should be able to get a good install.

Granted, it is a big download, and aroma could be cleaned a little, but I like the way this is going.. Evolution. Keep it up mate.

Reactions: l30ns

w1nter456

Oct 9, 2010
So to keep this ROM alive, evolution is necessary
Honestly I don't think that is evolution, it is more like revolutionary. 1 more thing, the tweak which let us choose which is very useful, I just adjust a bit to make it lag free. Honestly, Stock ROM is not full project butter, but these tweak make it full. I very happy on this rom and as well as my phone. My phone is now flying even in aosp, I have done some dirty work to full project butter working on aosp too. I love my phone, not regret at all. A big thanks to who making this possible. If you guys have any question to install which tweak can ask me too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

l30ns

Sep 3, 2012
I like the way this is going.. Evolution. Keep it up mate.

I second that. Being able to select all the tweaks at the install has saved me loads of time. Where I had to zip-flash over some 7 packages before just to get the basic setup running I can now do it with 2 packs.
Stock Google keyboard is the 2nd file I keep adding - I find it better for Latvian.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

If you guys have any question to install which tweak can ask me too.

Would you be willing to list the tweaks that are conflicting and/or unnecessary?
I was playing around a bit the other day an found that a combination of tweaks made screen to freeze in blocks and phone to reboot. Can't give you the exact combo but I bet I can repeat it :)

w1nter456

Oct 9, 2010
I second that. Being able to select all the tweaks at the install has saved me loads of time. Where I had to zip-flash over some 7 packages before just to get the basic setup running I can now do it with 2 packs.
Stock Google keyboard is the 2nd file I keep adding - I find it better for Latvian.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Would you be willing to list the tweaks that are conflicting and/or unnecessary?
I was playing around a bit the other day an found that a combination of tweaks made screen to freeze in blocks and phone to reboot. Can't give you the exact combo but I bet I can repeat it :)
Again this is just my configuration, if you found out freeze or lag, don't blame the thread.
1st - choose stock kernel(most stable) if you don't need dual boot from siyah.
2nd - untick Superchager and multitasking v6
3rd - init.d scirpts
Tick
- defragmentation of all sqlite data base on each boot
- enable data_writeback for ext4 partition to increase i/O performance
- Optismize sqlite dbs by.....
- ZIpalign all apk on each boot
- Improve your external sdcard performance

Build.prop Tweaks :
Untick all

Enable or disable feature :
ex : untick all hardware video accelration,disable android logger and etc

Multitasking
Again untick all

Gps configuration for which country
your tick your own country

internet & security
untick all

If you STILL experience any problem, just untick all but I think my configuration should be good for you.

Reactions: j0ep0 and l30ns

asilviug

May 3, 2012
question for all of you:
how can i extract from this rom some things that i like...so i can port them to other roms as well.
for example i like how the time is centered at the top of the screen and the static tv effect when i press the power button going to sleep.

anyone?

tomcop

Mar 23, 2006
I'm not a ROM cooker, but I think that all things you mentioned you can find as some mods and tweaks on this forum. I know, didn't help you but you have some answer and can start to find them.

asilviug

May 3, 2012
thaks for the link it worked.
as for the re-arrange of the clock position i think it is something a little bit complicated maybe a developer could advise if he had the time ... :)

dj_suca

Apr 12, 2007
Lisbon
i was motivated to user this rom, did a backup, copy the rom to Sdcard and jumped to flash, i was comming from Wanam V4.2 flash Factory, Wipe and Dalvik started the aroma instaler from the rom.. left as default, and on installing the rom stops as 70 or 80 and jumped to CWm tryed to install again and the Sdcard was cleaned as hell..

can any one help, cause my all staff were on Sdcard... :S

endymion2k5

Oct 28, 2008
i was motivated to user this rom, did a backup, copy the rom to Sdcard and jumped to flash, i was comming from Wanam V4.2 flash Factory, Wipe and Dalvik started the aroma instaler from the rom.. left as default, and on installing the rom stops as 70 or 80 and jumped to CWm tryed to install again and the Sdcard was cleaned as hell..

can any one help, cause my all staff were on Sdcard... :S

Ive had Aroma crash/exit quite a few times while using 1.2.1 (and when testing 1.3 RC), it never wiped my sdcard tho.

Try restoring the data with a pc and the getdataback application? Not sure if itll work, but its worth a shot...

Reactions: dj_suca

port76

Jan 25, 2011
pls can I test the 1.3 build thanks in advance:thumbup:

dj_suca

Apr 12, 2007
Lisbon
Ive had Aroma crash/exit quite a few times while using 1.2.1 (and when testing 1.3 RC), it never wiped my sdcard tho.

Try restoring the data with a pc and the getdataback application? Not sure if itll work, but its worth a shot...

actually, I think is super weird because I format the galaxy phones since My Firsts S it never happened to me something like that, but I think it should be related to Open Touch CWM its a *****...

but God Is good, couple weeks ago i bought a 16 gbs External SD and moved all pictures and apks + movies and sound to it so.. only my F*** saves and data were lost..

port76

Jan 25, 2011
new firmware 4.1.2 with multiview and gallery 2 from note pls can you make a pretty rooted zip my friend:D:D:D

Reactions: Heldwin

j0ep0

Jul 12, 2010
Utrecht
HyperLight V1.3.1 Released

With 4.1.2 entering the arena I've decided to release the XXDLJ5 version as soon as possible. The ROM file grew, but the base got more stripped (220MB). The theme is revamped and darkened. Almost all possible Samung add-on is added now and the Aroma installer is extended. You can add tweaks/apps without reinstalling the system. Preselected sets of tweaks are enabled for the Pimp My Rom adopted tweaks. For our Arabic friend, wanam's RTL fix is integrated. Actually there are too many changes to descrivbe in depth, just check it out!

A big thankx for the betatesters endymion2k5, KM7, mariotme, tomcop and mocas.

- XXDLJ5 base
- Siyah 1.7rc3
- Do not install system in Aroma
- Lots of Aroma bugfixes
- Preselected sets of tweaks added
- Remove tweaks added in Aroma
- Almost all possible Samung addons added
- 4.2 Apps added
- Long back press kills apps
- Darkened theme - thnx kristofpetho
- Arabic RTL Fix

Get the ROM at Hyperlight 1.3.1, Wuala mirror or attached Torrent (thanks JimmyScott)

Add: the size is quite large, let's discuss in an open and constructive way what add-ons should be there and which shouldn't.

Attachments

• HyperLightv1.3.1.zip.torrent
    13.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HyperLight ROM Series

Details on the latest 1.4.1 version, check here

Combining the work of two highly recommended XDA members/developers, wanam and kristofpetho, my intention is to provide you with a clean, fast Samsung based ROM. As HyperGalaxy development stopped, I needed a follow up as new Samsung JB versions came out. Therefore I'm introducing the HyperLight ROM.

A ROM stripped as much as possible from unneeded applications, libraries and resources, but all optional. The base ROM is 199MB (Slim) or 215MB (Compatible), you can add tweaks, samungs applications or 3rd party applications with the Aroma installer.The Aroma installer lets you add addditional tweaks or applications wihtout reinstalling the whole ROM. Note: Aroma installer available in 1.3.1, not in 1.4.

Notice
    If you want to use any part of my work, ask my permission first! Please respect the authors of the included mods and contact them if you want use their work. If you like my work, hit the Thanks button. If you really like my work, consider buying me a beer or whisky with the Donate button.

Base
    - Flavour selection during install (Slim, Basic or Compatible) for minimum storage requirements
    - XXDLJ5
    - Dexodexed and zipaligned
    - Automatic cache and dalvik-cache wipe during install
    - Busybox v1.20.2
    - SuperSU v0.97
    - init.d support
    - Repacked and tweaked insecure stock kernel
    - Teaked pegasusq governor
    - Build.prop tweaks
    - GPS config for your country - by Androguide.fr
    - Fix cell standby issue
    - Disable Scrolling Cache
    - Optimized brightness settings - by mattiadj
    - Large APN list
    - More free RAM
    - Home button lag reduced
    - Call Recorder
    - Phone with no increasing ringtone
    - Long press volume to skip tracks
    - Long press back kills app
    - Extended reboot menu
    - Unlimited SMS Recipients
    - Hide sms from call logs
    - Disable SMS to MMS conversion
    - SmartRotation
    - Back-up EFS

Optional Tweaks
    - Supercharger V6 - by Zeppelinrox
    - BestMultiTasking v6 - by mattiadj
    - Siyah kernel 1.7.rc3 - by Siyah
    - Droidphile's lulzactiveq tweaks - by droidphile
    - S-Tweaks profiles - by Martini3001
    - Almost every Android tweak known - by Androguide.fr

Optional Samsung Add-ons
    Almost 40 Samsung Add Ons
    - Accuweather
    - Additional fonts
    - Allshare
    - Calculator
    - Clocks
    - Dive
    - Divx
    - Dropbox
    - E-mail app
    - Facelock
    - Fonts
    - Live wallpapers
    - Kies
    - MirrorLink
    - Mobile Printing
    - More Services
    - Music Player
    - MyFiles
    - NFC
    - Note2 Gallery
    - Note2 Pop-up browser
    - Polaris
    - Samsung Apps
    - Samsung Service
    - Service mode
    - S-Memo
    - S-Planner
    - S-Voice
    - Video Player
    - Voice Recorder
    - Widgets
    - Wi-Fi direct
    - Yahoo Apps

Optional 3rd Party Add-ons
    - Adrenaline boost script
    - Block ads (hosts file)
    - 4.2 Apps (Camera, Gmail, Clock, Keyboard, Play Music, Wallpaper, Emoji keyboard)
    - Gtalk
    - OpenVPN support
    - Arabic RTL Fix - thnx wanam
    - HXMod camera (fully silenced) - by hyperx-
    - Modded touchwiz (4*5, 5*6, scrolling wallpapers) - blgblade

Themes
    - Darkened Hyperlight
    - HyperNote theme
    - Statusbar/clock by raubkatze
    - Center clock
    - Grey icons
    - Grey toggles
    - Transparent pulldown
    - Stock wanamlite with 15 toggles

Downloads
    Hyperlight on Dev-Host or Wuala mirror

Short Installation
    - Make sure your have CWM
    - Copy ROM to SDCard (Internal or External)
    - Backup!
    - Flash ROM from recovery
    - Reboot

Longer Installation (recommended)
    - Make sure your have CWM
    - Copy ROM to SDCard (Internal or External)
    - Backup!
    - Wipe data/factory reset
    - Flash ROM from recovery
    - Wipe data/factory reset
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik-cache
    - Fix permissions
    - Reboot

Note I: A full wipe is recommended when experiencing issues
    Note II: Voodoo unlock is not supported on this ROM

Thanks/Credits
    I'ld like to thank the followin devs for helping, providing their mods and sharing knowlegde:
    wanam, kristofpetho, ::indie::, ChainFire, Siyah, Zeppelinrox, Droidphile, mattiadj, Androguide.fr, raubkatze, turkbey, amarullz, blgblade, Martini3001, bala_gamer

I'ld like to thank the following users for idea's, testing and donations:
    TechMayhem, LentoViolentoMan, jult, SyLvEsTeR20007, juicer., mariotme, Nexx, w1nter456, JimmyScott, forums2012, KM7, endymion2k5, mocas, tomcop

If your name belongs here, PM me
    Changelogs

Collaboration
    If you want to collaborate in whatever way (devving, cooking, hosting), please contact me.

Requests
    You can post feature requests in this thread, but please keep in mind that the philosophy behind this ROM is to be and keep stripped & tweaked. Check the add-ons sections of the first post for extra applications, mostly CMW flashable.

Changelog
    V1.4 Beta
    - XXELK4 base
    - Stock rooted kernel
    - No Aroma
    - 4.2 Apps added
    - Darkened theme

V1.3.1 - Aroma V2
    - XXDLJ5 base
    - Siyah 1.7rc3
    - Do not install system in Aroma
    - Lots of Aroma bugfixes
    - Preselected sets of tweaks added
    - Remove tweaks
    - Almost all possible Samung addons added
    - 4.2 Apps added
    - Long back press kills apps
    - Darkened theme - thnx krisotpetho

v1.2.1 - Updated Aroma version
    - Added S-tweaks script
    - Fixed wanamlite look
    - Fixed aroma installer

v1.2 - Aroma version
    - XXDLJ4 base
    - Aroma installer
    - Add-ons and tweaks are built in now

v1.1 - Island version
    - 222 / 233 / 236 / 256 / 259 MB
    All versions
    - XXDLJ1 Base (no modem, flash this)
    - Optimized system APK's
    - SmartRotation
    - Optimized build.prop for compatibility

Tweaked version
    - Best Multitasking fix v4.5, 500MB swap - thx mattiadj

v1.0 - Ikea version
    - 211 / 227 / 228 / 270 MB
    All versions
    - XXDLIH Base (no modem, flash this)
    - Black status bar
    - Updated kernel
    - Optimized system APK's
    - Integrated CRT Off animation - thx wanam
    - HXmod camera - silent - thx hyperx-
    - Fixed CSC's - thx wanam

Tweaked version
    - Siyah kernel 1.7.rc1, - thx Siyah
    - Best Multitasking fix v4, 500MB swap - thx mattiadj
    - Droidphile lulzactiveseq script - read this
    - 15 Toggles + battery circles mod - thx wanam

v0.9 Updated and tweaked version added
    - 187 / 203 / 205 / 288 MB
    All versions
    - HyperGalaxy backgrounds
    - Latest Adfree hosts file
    - Updated kernel
    - Updated APN
    - Updated GPS
    - Optimized server system APK's
    - Updated su/busybox
    - Updated brightnessfix (set to BestScreen) - thx mattiadj
    - Optimized build.prop, more RAM
    - Optimized S99Tweaks script
    - Optional CRT Off animation - flash this for slim/basic/compatible - flash this for tweaked

Compatible version
    - Added file sharing for Wifi Direct/S-Beam - thnx forums2012
    - Added CSC's
    - Added all missing files in /lib. If you miss an application, just install the APK, the dependencies are allready there.

Tweaked version
    - Siyah kernel 1.7b6, supports dual boot and swap file - thx Siyah
    - Best Multitasking fix, 500MB swap - thx mattiadj
    - Droidphile lulzactiveseq script - read this
    - HXmod camera - silent - thx hyperx-

v0.8 - Flavours added
    - 181 / 229 / 250 MB
    All versions
    - Stock rooted insecure kernel
    - Updated su/busybox
    - Updated framework-res
    - Phone quality fix (stock volume) - thnx Eddiemc
    - Updated reboot menu - thnx KM7
    - Updated Phone tweaks - thx wanam
    - Updated TW Launcher, 4*5 grid, scrollling wallpaper on - thnx blgblade
    - Black status bar fix

Basic version
    - All of the above
    - Supercharger V6 - thnx Zeppelinox

Compatible version
    - All of the above
    - Added CSC's back
    - Added all languages for Samsung stock keyboard - thnx KM7

v0.7 - Democratic version
    - 226MB
    - Removed LiveWallPaper picker - thx LentoViolentoMan
    - Removed Bubbles - thx LentoViolentoMan
    - Removed Swype
    - Added Samsung stock keyboard
    - Tweaked CSC's/APN/GPS - thx 2waz
    - No add hosts file - thx 2waz
    - Siyah kernel 1.6 - thx Siyah

v0.6 - HyperGalaxy XXDLIB
    - 232MB
    - 4x5 Launcher grid size - thnx blgblade
    - status bar back to black
    - Siyah kernel 1.6rc3 - thx Siyah
    - Brightnessfix - thx mattiadj
    - HyperGalaxy wallpaper

v0.1 to 0.5 - Almost HyperGalaxy alike...
    - 238MB
    - cleaned up audio files - get Sammy or CM10 audio
    - removed facelock - get it here (test version)
    - removed CSC's - change with S2 CSC if needed, will factory reset
    - removed AOSP keyboard - get it here
    - removed XXDLIB modem file - get it here
    - added Swype beta 1.1.1
    - Siyah kernel 1.6rc2 - thx Siyah
    - Verified call log not to show messages - thx wanam
    - SMS Recipient limit removed / No SMS MMS conversion / Arabic conversion - thx wanam
    - Extended Power menu - thx wanam
    - Long Press Volume Buttons to skip songs - thx wanam
    - Phone tweaker (dialer, recording) - thx wanam
    - Disable scrolling cache
    - Auto wipe cache/dalvik cache
    - AOSP keyboard
    - OOM groupings - thnx Zeppelinox
    - SuperSU 0.96
    HyperLight 1.4.1 Released

Considering the amount of time available, I'm doing a non-Aroma release for 1.4. It's built on the latest XXELKC Official firmware from Samsung. All the usual tweaks are there. Seeing the responses regarding the theme, there is a normal (250MB) and a themed (238MB) version.

Info
    - XXELKC Base
    - 23 Toggles
    - Loud Volume
    - Modified brightness
    - Multiwindows (full control by LegendK95)
    - Pop-Up browser
    - Startup tweaks (zipalign, SQlite defrag)
    - Build.prop tweaks (usual Hyper** series)
    - All wanamlite mods

Themed:
    - Optimized system files
    - HyperNote theme
    - Grey add-ons

Downloads

Wuala or Dev-Host

Baseband: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?34rn9up11jfxr7m
    Thanks again for your support! These reactions and the amount of download of the ROM reminds me that a new version has to be made. Today and tomorrow are very big (and busy) days for me privately, so probably this weekend will be HyperLight time again.
    You people really know how to brighten someone's day. Again I appreciate your responses. Been busy and had some annoying issues with the script. Therefore release is delayed a bit, but I'm happy to offer you the release candidate for HyperLight 1.2. Based on XXDLJ4, the ROM is updated and issues like transparency are fixed and the home button doesn't close apps when the screen is turned off. But there are other major changes due to the new aroma installer. Offering one download file, you can still select your flavour, kernel and basic tweaks like Supercharger and BestMultitasking.

The aroma config was built with support from Turkbey and wanam, who should receive credits for it. You can choose wipe options (under testing) and an optional EFS backup. Also, the most requested add-ons are added in the zip, so you don't have to install seperate zip files anymore. All this results in a larger ZIP (~500MB) but if you choose your desired flavour and install no add-ons, you'll end up with a stripped, lightweight ROM.

New are the Advanced tweaks based on PimpMyRom by Androguide.fr, I've preselected some tweaks but feel free to choose your own. Watch it with the multitasking/memory tuning tweaks as they might interfere with SuperCharger or BestMultiTasking. Also you can select the best config for GPS based on uour country, credits again go to Androguide.fr.

Finally, I've added some theme options with support from raubkatze. Some of his mods like grey central clock, transparant pull down, grey icons are integrated in the ROM. Nothing is forced, you can also choose to use stock wanamlite look or add your own theme, e.g. Android-GX or JKay Deluxe.

Replies are welcome, but please do a full wipe/factory reset when experiencing FC's. I've tested upgrading from 1.1 and clean install, it can happen that upgrading from older versions like 0.8 results in boot loops of FC's. If that's the case, a full wipe should fix it. Special thanks to Nexx for beta testing!

1.2 RC: http://d-h.st/92t