[ROM][XXKPQ]IceBolt (update 11.01.2012)

Search This thread

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
all of youll are stuck to uc kernel by team uc ! NO1 checked out bam kernel ! GO CHECK IT OUT ! EVERYTHING IS STABLE and perfect ! its 40% smoother than uc kernel i feel so m using it :) go try out the 1200 OC version of bam kernel which has integrated cf root ! its te best kernel for i9003 TILL NOW and it still stands no1 :) freq stages are 300,600,800,1000,1200 :D so ppl who don want oc just dec the max freq to 1000 and bang ! every things perfect :)

5pace

Nov 8, 2011
Guys I have a serious problem here, the thing is I am getting "Turn off USB storage" whenever I try to start the camera and my device only shows 1.81 Gb of total space available and always shows USB storage in Settings > SD card Storage.

I followed the whole procedure right, flash XXKPE then XXKPQ and after that I flashed THIS as PDA at last, and ladtly flashed IceBolt after factory/data reset in CWM and clesred both the caches.

Any help?

longfeng

May 10, 2011
Singapore
Lenovo P2
Coolpad Cool1
all of youll are stuck to uc kernel by team uc ! NO1 checked out bam kernel ! GO CHECK IT OUT ! EVERYTHING IS STABLE and perfect ! its 40% smoother than uc kernel i feel so m using it :) go try out the 1200 OC version of bam kernel which has integrated cf root ! its te best kernel for i9003 TILL NOW and it still stands no1 :) freq stages are 300,600,800,1000,1200 :D so ppl who don want oc just dec the max freq to 1000 and bang ! every things perfect :)

Will check it out when free. thanks for the tips. btw, what cROM are you using atm?

BAM has few bugs to be fixed:

sysfs interface to actually change voltages
Fixing sync bug
Fixing WiFi sometimes forcing highest frequency, even if disabled

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Guys I have a serious problem here, the thing is I am getting "Turn off USB storage" whenever I try to start the camera and my device only shows 1.81 Gb of total space available and always shows USB storage in Settings > SD card Storage.

I followed the whole procedure right, flash XXKPE then XXKPQ and after that I flashed THIS as PDA at last, and ladtly flashed IceBolt after factory/data reset in CWM and clesred both the caches.

Any help?

Small issue.

Buy a 8GB SDcard. Everything will be fine. The rom takes care of that.

Last edited:

botac_6

Sep 11, 2010
Selangor
let see the steps again...

1. flash XXKPE
2. flash XXKPQ
3. clear cache and factory reset
4. flash uc kernel v6 or cf-root w uc kernel
5. clear cache again
6. flash icebolt
7. clear cache and factory reset again
8. you're done... =)

is it the correct steps? mine is like this and no problems arise.

bulimic

Jun 29, 2011
let see the steps again...

1. flash XXKPE
2. flash XXKPQ
3. clear cache and factory reset
4. flash uc kernel v6 or cf-root w uc kernel
5. clear cache again
6. flash icebolt
7. clear cache and factory reset again
8. you're done... =)

is it the correct steps? mine is like this and no problems arise.

correct me if im wrong :D
right after installing cfroot next step is to deodexed your phone before you apply this theme. right? ;)then flash icebolt through recovery mode then wipe dalvik.

Cocolech

Dec 3, 2011
San Fernando

vurrut kernel is better sir. try it

bulimic

Jun 29, 2011
Feedback ICEBOLT

great work! nice theme!:D
but ive got small issue i think. my CSC is unknown. but everything works fine. CSC issue only. is it okay?

and i notice something. my sdcard and ext sdcard swapped. :confused:

Last edited:

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
great work! nice theme!:D
but ive got small issue i think. my CSC is unknown. but everything works fine. CSC issue only. is it okay?

and i notice something. my sdcard and ext sdcard swapped. :confused:

No its not okay. Reflash kpq. If csc still unknown start from scratch(pit, xxkpe....). Then flash rom. If I'm not wrong, without csc you can't do basic functions like call and sms

Cheers:)

Sent from my i9003 powered by Cyanogenmod 7

bulimic

Jun 29, 2011
No its not okay. Reflash kpq. If csc still unknown start from scratch(pit, xxkpe....). Then flash rom. If I'm not wrong, without csc you can't do basic functions like call and sms

i reflash my phone twice. still the csc is unknown.
luckily the basic functions of my phone works fine:D
but i was surprised when i saw my internal/external swapped:eek:

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
i reflash my phone twice. still the csc is unknown.
luckily the basic functions of my phone works fine:D
but i was surprised when i saw my internal/external swapped:eek:

Maybe its just a glitch that doesn't show csc. But if there's any problems switch roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    __________1ffy.png

In ROM:
    • ROM Converts all system partition to EXT4
    • Full DE-Oxed
    • Android Gingerbread 2.3.6
    • Very fast and stable
    • Fully optimized and Tweaked
    • DPSManager working
    • SD Card Speed tweaks
    • RAM Optimization
    • Speed Optimization
    • Mounting EXT4 Tweaked
    • Fully Zipaligned for better RAM performance
    • Power menu
    • ICS theme
    • Optimization Touch-screen
    • New 3D driver
    • Enabled GPU acceleration for rendering the system interface
    • Bravia Engine
    • EDT tweaks
    List of changes on 20/01/2012:
    • Improvement of video and photo shoot
    • Optimization of energy consumption
    • Optimization scripts
    • Carried IQ is disable
    • Animation of windows from ICS
    Original post here POST
    It is the Russian XDA
    Thanks to the entire community XDA and 4PDA
    Download IceBolt 3.4.2
    Download IceBolt 3.4.2 from mirror 1
    Download IceBolt 3.4.2 from mirror 2
    Download English launcher 360
    you are using the wrong terms and creating confusion.

Do you know the terms:

1. memory vs storage?
    2. ram vs nand flash?
    3. bit vs Byte?
    Facts:
    Internal memory is 478MB, not 1.6gb.
    Internal memory is DRAM type so it is not used for storage.
    SDcard is not memory, it is storage.
    For I9003, sdcard storage is inside phone which is fixed at 2GB.
    External sdcard is expandable to 32GB.
    They are GB, not gb.

Get your facts right before you ask funny questions.

If you are asking about external sdcard and sdcard swap, it is just changing 2 lines in etc/vold.fstab after rooting. You can find in this forum how to do it.

Long, if you are frustrated or irritated with users, I suggest you take a break from answering questions. XDA is a HELPFUL place, not a Site where users are scared to get information. Let's try to keep it that way. You pointed him in the right direction which is great, just don't use the terms like "get your facts straight" yada yada yada. You were once a noob also.

---Jay---
    @ botac, you mean you're mirroring the one I posted? thanks :D

@ bracula, I definitely had issues getting it started too. even with a factory reset and all caches wiped BEFORE installing it, it still continuously looped the bootanimation (not a bootloop per se, since it didn't go back to the boot logo). After letting it go for a few minutes, I held the power button to force a reset, and when it booted, this time I heard the boot music (CRAP!), and yet again it got stuck in the bootanimation. so, I used the power button to reset again, and after a few more times re-running the bootanimation, it finally loaded! :D

I ran it a bit, then rebooted it and no more issues getting the rom loaded. more testing to follow...

and yes, at least according to the build.prop, this version 3.5.3 is for KPQ so it's not a compatibility issue as far as I know.
    Thank you

This ROM looks pretty cool!!! I love the benchmark score of it!

May I know what kernel could make this ROM perform the best?
    Especially for English speaking users has made the English version if you do not write well under ICE bolt
    http://vk.com/icebolt_by_amonrav

http://w739645.open.ge.tt/1/files/3NlrlqE/0/blob?download

version is based on the KPU