Feb 3, 2018
New Delhi
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
  • TWRP (Download)
  • Gapps (Download)
    Recommended Micro or Nano Gapps
  • Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download)

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC // If Something Goes Wrong
  • Flash recovery and boot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to recovery
  • Copy crDroid and Gapps to internal memory then flash them in TWRP in same order
  • Reboot and enjoy
  • Optional reboot again after first boot to flash Magisk for root

Update installation:
  • Boot to recovery and make a backup
  • Wipe system and cache
  • Flash updated crDroid and Gapps (and Magisk if you had this as root method)
  • Reboot and enjoy

For Encryption:
    Screenshot_20220512-101423_Settings.png

- First Take Backup Recommended
    - Update Recovery Supports Encryption(Download)
  • -Reboot To Recovery
    -Flash the ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Flash Magisk (optional)
    -Format Data
    -Reboot
    (Do not set any password except None or Swipe to Unlock)
    (Due to Secure Boot Issue You will get Bootloop)

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: (4.4.205)LineageOS+

Download:
ROM Download | Mirror
Encryption Build Download | Mirror
Encryption Build is not Recommended If you want to use Fingerprint and Face Unlock
Changelog: Here

Known issues:
  • Secure Boot (For Encryption build only)
    Let Me Know More​
Thanks to:
@DD3Boh
@dmd79
For their work on z2 plus trees
If I forget to mention someone please let me know

Special Credits:
@Bas_NoVolte for helping me resolving issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-171938_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220303-171938_crDroid Home.png
    3 MB · Views: 729
  • Screenshot_20220303-172517_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220303-172517_Settings.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 708
  • Screenshot_20220303-172532_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220303-172532_Settings.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 637
  • Screenshot_20220418-145117_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145117_crDroid Home.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_20220418-145356_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145356_crDroid Home.png
    110 KB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot_20220418-145753_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145753_crDroid Home.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 453
  • Screenshot_20220418-145031_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145031_Phone.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 443
  • Screenshot_20220418-145048_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145048_Phone.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Screenshot_20220418-145205_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145205_Settings.png
    180 KB · Views: 437
  • Screenshot_20220418-145234_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145234_Settings.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 418
  • Screenshot_20220418-145453_Android System.png
    Screenshot_20220418-145453_Android System.png
    954.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_20220512-101423_Settings.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Pavan BRR

Aug 3, 2017
In my ZUK Z2, RoarTheGapps_20211207 which you provided in G apps link in crDroid v8.2, is installed in twrp but after boot there is no any apps related to Gapps only stock apps showing

Abhi_T

Apr 2, 2019
Great to see the crdroid 8.4 (android 12.1) build for Lenovo Zuk Z2Plus. Appreciate your efforts.

Havok19111

Account currently disabled
Apr 6, 2018
Usa
meettomy.site
Can you add 'disable U Touch' or all the customisation for U Touch? I mean I like the touch disabled and button working.

Also Bluetooth calling is bugged, cannot hear audio while in call. Audio FX is not working at all. Please use Fixy 4.4 vendor kernel, its working much better than stock, battery life and temperatures are under control.

ad86

Apr 21, 2011
Liège
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

Thank you for your work.
Android Auto doesn't work :( I tried different gapps, crDroid 8.4, 8.2.
Now I installed crDroid 7.17 and It work fine.

Regards,

amsterbond

Mar 4, 2016
Continues boot looping, help.
Have you done the installation based on the 1st post (please see below)? On the other hand, you tried to do update from a different OS, or does your Zuk have had at least a Zui 3.5 installed before you try to install this OS? To be honest, I prefer clean installation any time I try an OS, to avoid problems, doesn`t mean I`ll not encounter any problem, but it`s reduced. On the other hand, if I know well then older Zui versions are not suitable to use newer OS`s (newer than Android 9 or Android 10).

First time installation:

• Copy crDroid and Gapps to internal memory then flash them in TWRP in same order
  • Reboot and enjoy

LineArc

Apr 26, 2013
Sharp Aquos R6
mine is constantly rebooting (boot loop). recovery could be accessed but somehow i cant get it to boot. it was working fine until I installed gcam and now it is not. any help

XeroKen

May 24, 2022
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Thanks for the rom. I am having issues. My phone is heating and restarting often.When not in use nothing happens,but the battery goes down faster even when not in use.Hope you can help me out. I flashed the rom exactly according to the instructions given.

voske15

Sep 7, 2016
audio effects broken(no dsp will work); drain seems ok; heating normal for this phone
BTW on 8.5 2022-05-15 build

Havok19111

Account currently disabled
Apr 6, 2018
Usa
meettomy.site
1) Audio is dead in any type of Call (Phone call, Discord, WhatsApp Call) over bluetooth. Also there is a bug when I connect to discord call while using earphones over audio jack, the audio has super heavy bass and left sided, it can be fixed when you disconnect call and play video and while it plays you connect to the call.

2) FlameGapps installs Wallpaper & Styles app and when you open it to change wallpapers from the launcher or any other options it crashes. Forced to use from settings.

3) Builds would get better if integrated Google apps so that we don't need alternatives like Miui trash apps. Or make seperate non-gapps variant of builds.

4) CPU is set to Interactive which makes it run hot. A better kernel governor is needed for better battery as this phone is so old I can't keep replacing battery every 3 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nautilus_Sanpai

johnmars

Jul 17, 2017
Indore
1) Audio is dead in any type of Call (Phone call, Discord, WhatsApp Call) over bluetooth. Also there is a bug when I connect to discord call while using earphones over audio jack, the audio has super heavy bass and left sided, it can be fixed when you disconnect call and play video and while it plays you connect to the call.

2) FlameGapps installs Wallpaper & Styles app and when you open it to change wallpapers from the launcher or any other options it crashes. Forced to use from settings.

3) Builds would get better if integrated Google apps so that we don't need alternatives like Miui trash apps. Or make seperate non-gapps variant of builds.

4) CPU is set to Interactive which makes it run hot. A better kernel governor is needed for better battery as this phone is so old I can't keep replacing battery every 3 months.
I faced no issue with my z2 plus so far with this rom, my z2 plus is 5 years old and I've not done any battery replacement yet

I was on Android 12 Xtended rom then first I flashed latest twrp available officially here for z2 plus

Then wiped dalvik,system,data and cache then within install zip menu first I selected latest crdroid rom zip downloaded from here

then I've added latest opengapps zip as well in batch downloaded from here

then I swiped flash button and after completion clicked on reboot button and phone booted properly and working fine now and as compare to other android 12 rom this rom runs phone cooler

Just facing one issue which I also faced in last rom as well is that sometime when phone call is coming and phone rings then phone shutdowns very quickly during ringing but after starting phone works normally

neelesh32008

Nov 24, 2016
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Hi, This OS works really great having some minor issues but It's managable. It runs really smooth but not optimized for battery. If we can have a feature like background app manager, It would be great.
One issue is related to the vibration setting, where it won't work for vibrate and ring gradully, Or if I turned of vibration for ring. Then phone vibration setting works as silent. It's should vibrate I think, Please help if possible.
Thanks

XeroKen

May 24, 2022
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Replaced the battery and the draining part vanished, but there are random reboots when the phone is in sleep mode, also the heating is still present and more so if wifi or mobile data is active. I guess this is because of the cpu governor which is more aggressive towards performance than battery saving. Despite some minor bugs which needs to be fixed the rom works very well. I flashed magisk for root but it caused random reboots and sluggishness even though i had not installed any module, so i uninstalled it completely and wiped system, data, dalvik art cache/cache, internal storage and format data as well and did a clean flash which worked of course without root, but still random reboots remain. Hope you can look into it. I am at the latest version crdroid v8.7 android 12. Also i would like to ask if the rom is EOL or updates are going to continue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    • TWRP (Download)
    • Gapps (Download)
      Recommended Micro or Nano Gapps
    • Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download)

First time installation:
    • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery and make a backup
    • Wipe system and cache
    • Flash updated crDroid and Gapps (and Magisk if you had this as root method)
    • Reboot and enjoy

For Encryption:

- First Take Backup Recommended
      - Update Recovery Supports Encryption(Download)
    • -Reboot To Recovery
      -Flash the ROM
      -Flash Gapps
      -Flash Magisk (optional)
      -Format Data
      -Reboot
      (Do not set any password except None or Swipe to Unlock)
      (Due to Secure Boot Issue You will get Bootloop)

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: (4.4.205)LineageOS+

Download:
    ROM Download | Mirror
    Encryption Build Download | Mirror
    Encryption Build is not Recommended If you want to use Fingerprint and Face Unlock
    Changelog: Here

Known issues:
    • Secure Boot (For Encryption build only)
      Let Me Know More​
    Thanks to:
    @DD3Boh
    @dmd79
    For their work on z2 plus trees
    If I forget to mention someone please let me know

Special Credits:
    @Bas_NoVolte for helping me resolving issues.
    Thanks a ton for letting this device have a fresh breath with Android 12. Hoping to see stable builds in the future with updated crdroid versions. Keep up the great work. Appreciate your efforts. @rajatsinghsp (spideygoku)