• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

evil-god

lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
  • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
2. Boot to recovery.
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
Gitlab

Last edited:

evil-god

DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE <- as of 14.11.2021 recovery is not loading, if you face this problem, try lineage-recovery

SGP611 WIFI <- maybe the same problem like the recovery for SGP621, waiting for reporting

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above
build 20211114 november patch level
lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI

Last edited:

Henry48

Apr 4, 2021
I warmly welcome.
Despite my 73 years of age, I am a user of your ROMs. Thank you for your innovative work. I am always waiting for your new products that I use and I am very pleased. Best wishes.

Reactions: Woomicky

fjen

Dec 11, 2009
Thank you for keeping this device alive! There is no other good 8inch tablet on the market to replace it.

Reactions: eboIa
Asking about the install procedure coming from stock MM 23.5.A.1.291: Do I have to fastboot flash boot boot.img before flashing recovery?

This was not necessary coming from LOS 15.1 - but a second SGP621 is on stock (and I don´t remember what I did coming from stock to LOS 15.1 if this matters).

evil-god

do you think this rom could be flashed onto SGP611 (wifi only)?
my guess is a device in bootloop, think about to make the rom compatible like dev on lenovo tablets do, init-script look for baseband(modem) or no baseband and set properties, works on my GF lenovo tablet. will play a little around maybe this weekend, until that there is no support for the SGP611 device, sorry

Hello.
Recovery in OP is TWRP? Which version?
I just tried to flash rom with TWRP 3.0.2 but with no effort. Flashing your recovery from TWRP also didn't succeed. Need to refresh my memory how to flash it from PC then.
Anyway, thanks for your work! I used your 15.1 rom, but I do need working Firefox.
One question: do I need to flash AddonSU to root available?
Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you @evil-god for this great ROM!

This worked for me on SGP611:
    • Wipe according to first post
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Open GApps ARM Pico
    • Reboot and set up
    • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk
    • Reboot and install Magisk apk
    Bugs I found so far:

Auto Rotation sometimes resets after a reboot. If you enable it again and restart, the whole system goes crazy, apps can no longer be opened and also no longer removed from the Recent Apps view. If you deactivate Auto Rotation again, everything is back to normal.

Media volume is unfortunately completely broken. It automatically gets quieter and when you turn it up just one notch, it suddenly gets extremely loud. Then again quieter and so on. Happens e.g. in Youtube with every video after a short time. Already had this problem with the build of joschi1979. What I notice about this in the UI is that when you make louder or quieter on the upper tile of the volume slider a click effect (animation) is displayed (with about 2 seconds delay) although I do not click on it. This is definitely not normal in Android 11 and not happening on any of my other devices.

Does media volume work for you?

These problems aside, it's just a really great job! (y)
    @bbiwy : Made a test hotspot with my XIAOMI 10 Lite (5Ghz) and my SGP621 hat no problems to connect.
    Hi,
    please read my post carefully -> 4).

Otherwise we will spam the thread :-(
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE <- as of 14.11.2021 recovery is not loading, if you face this problem, try lineage-recovery

SGP611 WIFI <- maybe the same problem like the recovery for SGP621, waiting for reporting

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above

SGP611 WIFI
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download