• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

eboIa

Dec 28, 2010
Budapest
yes, eventually, without paying too much attention on it.. but after a weekend trip without using the tablet at all, there is low or zero power left.
Hi,

I'm on 611, and while the camera is not working I simply love the ROM. My first and only 3rd party ROM on the tablet what I really love. Sadly in my case it has brutal battery drain, just did not have enough time to test it deeply. Basically I use it for months, but the battery drain so high that I basically have to use in 'on cable'. Without any active usage, it could drop to empty in 1-2 days, but with active usage it could fully drain in just some minutes (10-45 minutes). The battery state is totally random, sometimes it can drop by 1% in every 30-60 seconds, sometimes it can drop by 10% randomly in just one step, and in lot of case the device just shotdown itelf at 60-70% battery, when in powered off state the charging screen shows that it charges only the same 20-30%. But there were more situation when it shutdowned at ~60-70% when the next charging screen showed the charging from 10-20, or empty state. The processes, results are totally random. Before this ROM, with stock Android 6 there were no problem. Not just such, but nothing.

I'm not compain about it, as 'thats all', this is my problem, and from any other aspect the ROM for me is really great, the best one until now. I just wrote my lines because the 'battery problem question'.

If I will have time for it, I will try to res-stock, and if on that will be everything fine, than flash this ROM again, to check what happens.

mchaals

Jan 27, 2009
Debrecen
www.k-1.hu
hi, no september update for now, i am at vacation in greece, funny that here in greece 5gzh wifi work as well. at home in austria 5ghz is not working.
expect next update after 10.10.2021, "Jámas" unitl that
Could you please check what is going on with Netflix/HBO Go also? Some say it is a Widevine problem. Until that I'm using your 15.1 version which is really great. Thanks and a have a nice vacation!

phil_87

May 2, 2010
hi, no september update for now, i am at vacation in greece, funny that here in greece 5gzh wifi work as well. at home in austria 5ghz is not working.
expect next update after 10.10.2021, "Jámas" unitl that
hello, can you say me it is wifi 2,5 and 5 ghz Germany functionally with the actually Version? I have installed stock with root and i would installed when the Android Version relative stable...

XomaHdz

Oct 1, 2021
I have a problem
IMG_20211001_160716~2.jpg

djibux

Dec 6, 2015
Hello,
Some apps display a warning about the device being rooted and refuse to work. Is there a way to "unroot" the device? I don't need root.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Hi all!

Does anyone have any idea how I can create my own version for SGP612 (The 32 GB Wifi version)?
    It doesn't matter that much, since I don't really use the space but it would still be great. Also would appreciate an update to the 611 version, since camera for me is just crashing even though the may update should have fixed it.
    Also I'm not sure what's up with Netflix but at least for me on @joschi1979 's ROM Widevine seems to be not supported at all (not just downgraded to level 3, but gone).
    Other that these great ROM, looking forward to further developments. :)
    Hello,
    Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
    I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
    Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
    J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !
    hi, follow this manual, BUT use the recovery and rom from this thread. the manual is from the z3 phone
    Hello friends, I am planning updating my tablet to version 18.1, but I have one question: In the developer settings, is it possible to automatically turn on the usb modem (USB tethering) when the cable is connected? Does this feature work properly?
    yes, is working for me, tested now several time
    Thanks to evil-god, joschi1979, mind.inc, all other XDA participants and all the good people who provide resources and information.

Following is mind.inc's really helpful post #67 with annotations that might help those new to the weird quirks of modding Sony devices.
    "
    So, for all the SGP611 users that are still struggling to install this, I did the following and got it working:

1) flashed latest stock [firmware 23.5.A.1.291]
    to start fresh with flashtool from androxyde version 0.9.18.6 (only version working for me)

^ Excellent Flashtool HowTo:
    https://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/06/how-to-fix-bricked-sony-xperia-android.html

DO THIS FIRST! _ or you get to start over.
    Power + Up (or is it down) with cable off will power off a stuck or looping boot.

Now you can enable adb.

Perhaps Emma can do this before the bootloader is unlocked, but why bother installing both tools when the other does both jobs.

2) extracted boot.img from the rom zip itself

3) flashed the following via fastboot:
    fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
    fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

4) unplug and restart device. When you see the LED starting to show up, just press and hold VOL down.

^ Mine went into bootloop until I plugged it in and then held volume down until recovery booted.

5) flash [sideload] rom and gapps (optional)

^ My very first time with Orange Fox.
    https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides/flashing
    helps considerably.
    After you swipe in ADB Sideload, you need to enter the adb Sideload xxxx.zip in the Command Prompt.

You want release 11 gapps. Don't try to load everything. The system partition is not big enough. OF lets you go back and try again.

It takes a couple hours to download OpenGapps and the battery might not last. I plugged into a charger and plugged back in after correct download without problems. There are cautions against booting before Gapps sideloaded for other devices.

6) reboot and that's it.
    "
    ^ Be patient. The first reboot takes considerable time.

#41 for ROM
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14N1EROmKDTnfP8Mk6Oevknt6gEoAEV_x/view?usp=sharing

Now it works great! I've been a big fan of Nexus 7 2013 and have had one on 18.1 since April. The Z3TC is ahead on quality and touchscreen response.

If evil-god and joschi1979 can point me to what's necessary to adapt new AOSP releases to 611, I'm willing to give it a look to see if I can make it work.
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621

SGP611 builds from joschi1979 see post #2 for download or on his profile.

In the beginning credits goes to:
    the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    DOWNLOADS

SGP621 LTE, tested recovery
    build 20211014 oktober patch level

SGP611 WIFI build by joschi1979
    click thx for your work :cool:
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Hello, I would like to build for my SGP611 myself. Can you point me to the source code of your Lineage 15.1 build for SGP611, so that I can figure out the differences? I think in the other thread you also only link the source of SGP621. Thanks!
    @evil-god Nevermind. Figured it out myself and have a working build for SGP611. I will upload it here, if you agree.