• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
I experience, that Bluetooth is not working. After BT activation, it is deactivated by itself after some seconds. This is reproducible. It happened already with another former ROM I used, but not with every ROM.
Anybody the same?

olivierva

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,
Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !

evil-god

Hello,
Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !
hi, follow this manual, BUT use the recovery and rom from this thread. the manual is from the z3 phone

Reactions: olivierva

sydenis

Oct 13, 2021
Many thanks for the latest September version.
Now wi-fi 5 GHz is working! (region - Russia)

Fishaffair

Nov 3, 2017
Hello friends, I am planning updating my tablet to version 18.1, but I have one question: In the developer settings, is it possible to automatically turn on the usb modem (USB tethering) when the cable is connected? Does this feature work properly?

Oct 15, 2021
Hello, sorry that my language is translated by Google. I have successfully installed your ROM, but I found that there is no Google component. Therefore, I plan to rewrite Google-related components (GApps) through TWRP. The current situation is that I can only open TWRP but cannot enter ROM. At the same time, I don't know why, the TWRP installation directory shows that my storage and SD card storage are 0MB. Therefore, my Z3TC is currently unavailable. Is there any solution? Because I am trying for the first time, it may be a very elementary question.

你好,抱歉我的语言是由谷歌翻译的。我已经成功安装了你的 ROM,但我发现并没有谷歌组件。因此我打算通过 TWRP 重新写入谷歌相关的组件(GApps)。现在 的情况就是,我只能打开 TWRP 而无法进入 ROM。同时不知道什么原因,TWRP 的安装目录内显示我的存储以及 SD 卡存储为 0MB。因此我的 Z3TC 目前无法使用的情况,请问 有什么解决方法吗?因为我是第一次尝试可能会很初级的问题。

Oct 15, 2021
Hello, sorry that my language is translated by Google. I have successfully installed your ROM, but I found that there is no Google component. Therefore, I plan to rewrite Google-related components (GApps) through TWRP. The current situation is that I can only open TWRP but cannot enter ROM. At the same time, I don't know why, the TWRP installation directory shows that my storage and SD card storage are 0MB. Therefore, my Z3TC is currently unavailable. Is there any solution? Because I am trying for the first time, it may be a very elementary question.

你好,抱歉我的语言是由谷歌翻译的。我已经成功安装了你的 ROM,但我发现并没有谷歌组件。因此我打算通过 TWRP 重新写入谷歌相关的组件(GApps)。现在 的情况就是,我只能打开 TWRP 而无法进入 ROM。同时不知道什么原因,TWRP 的安装目录内显示我的存储以及 SD 卡存储为 0MB。因此我的 Z3TC 目前无法使用的情况,请问 有什么解决方法吗?因为我是第一次尝试可能会很初级的问题。
Regarding other issues, currently my Z3TC cannot enter the green light mode, nor can it be connected to the computer to drag and drop files and only displays an icon. Therefore, I have no way to write to the official ROM.

关于其他问题,目前我的Z3TC无法进入绿灯模式,连接电脑也无法拖拽文件只显示一个图标。因此我也没有办法写入官方ROM。

Kuvesz

Jan 22, 2018
Hi all!

Does anyone have any idea how I can create my own version for SGP612 (The 32 GB Wifi version)?
It doesn't matter that much, since I don't really use the space but it would still be great. Also would appreciate an update to the 611 version, since camera for me is just crashing even though the may update should have fixed it.
Also I'm not sure what's up with Netflix but at least for me on @joschi1979 's ROM Widevine seems to be not supported at all (not just downgraded to level 3, but gone).
Other that these great ROM, looking forward to further developments. :)

ghaeh

Jun 17, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
This old post on Android Stack Exchange got fastboot seeing my Z3TC on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit:
S1boot Fastboot Driver Tricks

By looking at the inf file, you can find that it tells to use the WinUSB driver. So there is a better solution than disabling driver signature enforcement, you can use the tool Zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/). This tools create a self-signed inf for this specific device, using ephemeral keys, added to the trusted certificate store (for this only device / inf), removing the need to disable signature check.
So you can do this :
  1. Download the tool, start it.
  2. Select the "S1Boot fastboot" device
  3. Select the WinUSB Driver
  4. Click Install
And then fastboot devices list your device.

Update legacy devices in Device Manager did not work.

RENEGETiX

Oct 13, 2021
noticed problems with sound in the sgp621 version, the sound level is the same, but the sound itself becomes louder then quieter, what could be connected with?
I carried out the firmware under a clean one.

ghaeh

Jun 17, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Thanks to evil-god, joschi1979, mind.inc, all other XDA participants and all the good people who provide resources and information.

Following is mind.inc's really helpful post #67 with annotations that might help those new to the weird quirks of modding Sony devices.
"
So, for all the SGP611 users that are still struggling to install this, I did the following and got it working:

1) flashed latest stock [firmware 23.5.A.1.291]
to start fresh with flashtool from androxyde version 0.9.18.6 (only version working for me)

^ Excellent Flashtool HowTo:
https://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/06/how-to-fix-bricked-sony-xperia-android.html

DO THIS FIRST! _ or you get to start over.
Power + Up (or is it down) with cable off will power off a stuck or looping boot.

Now you can enable adb.

Perhaps Emma can do this before the bootloader is unlocked, but why bother installing both tools when the other does both jobs.

2) extracted boot.img from the rom zip itself

3) flashed the following via fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

4) unplug and restart device. When you see the LED starting to show up, just press and hold VOL down.

^ Mine went into bootloop until I plugged it in and then held volume down until recovery booted.

5) flash [sideload] rom and gapps (optional)

^ My very first time with Orange Fox.
https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides/flashing
helps considerably.
After you swipe in ADB Sideload, you need to enter the adb Sideload xxxx.zip in the Command Prompt.

You want release 11 gapps. Don't try to load everything. The system partition is not big enough. OF lets you go back and try again.

It takes a couple hours to download OpenGapps and the battery might not last. I plugged into a charger and plugged back in after correct download without problems. There are cautions against booting before Gapps sideloaded for other devices.

6) reboot and that's it.
"
^ Be patient. The first reboot takes considerable time.

#41 for ROM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14N1EROmKDTnfP8Mk6Oevknt6gEoAEV_x/view?usp=sharing

Now it works great! I've been a big fan of Nexus 7 2013 and have had one on 18.1 since April. The Z3TC is ahead on quality and touchscreen response.

If evil-god and joschi1979 can point me to what's necessary to adapt new AOSP releases to 611, I'm willing to give it a look to see if I can make it work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you @evil-god for this great ROM!

This worked for me on SGP611:
    • Wipe according to first post
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Open GApps ARM Pico
    • Reboot and set up
    • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk
    • Reboot and install Magisk apk
    Bugs I found so far:

Auto Rotation sometimes resets after a reboot. If you enable it again and restart, the whole system goes crazy, apps can no longer be opened and also no longer removed from the Recent Apps view. If you deactivate Auto Rotation again, everything is back to normal.

Media volume is unfortunately completely broken. It automatically gets quieter and when you turn it up just one notch, it suddenly gets extremely loud. Then again quieter and so on. Happens e.g. in Youtube with every video after a short time. Already had this problem with the build of joschi1979. What I notice about this in the UI is that when you make louder or quieter on the upper tile of the volume slider a click effect (animation) is displayed (with about 2 seconds delay) although I do not click on it. This is definitely not normal in Android 11 and not happening on any of my other devices.

Does media volume work for you?

These problems aside, it's just a really great job! (y)
    @bbiwy : Made a test hotspot with my XIAOMI 10 Lite (5Ghz) and my SGP621 hat no problems to connect.
    Hi,
    please read my post carefully -> 4).

Otherwise we will spam the thread :-(
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE <- as of 14.11.2021 recovery is not loading, if you face this problem, try lineage-recovery

SGP611 WIFI <- maybe the same problem like the recovery for SGP621, waiting for reporting

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above
    build 20211114 november patch level
    lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20211114 november patch level
    lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download