• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

evil-god

Hello all,
Thanks evil-god for this development, I just install the ROM, it works very fine. Good to have an up to date android on it.
For the moment no problem on the tablet. (I just had a problem to flash the ROM with TWRP, but with the custom recovery provided it works fine)
If you need me to do some specific test on the tablet don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: one question: is it possible to root this rom?
yes, read Post #1 Point 5, flash the zip via recovery and you have root.

Phifouyou

Nov 4, 2021
I tried to flash Magisk via the Recovery but doesn't work, I have this message: "Invalid ZIP file format!" Am'i missing something?

evil-god

Please test the new recovery images, download in post #2

PitchBlack Recovery's include some tools like (un)install magisk and much more, maybe there is here someone and can test some of them.

tested is install ROM via adb sideload. wipe cache/art.
please test and report. THX

edit: magisk isnt included, our recovery partition is to small :-(

Last edited:

Phifouyou

Nov 4, 2021
I install the recovery yersterday then install the ROM just after.
This afternoon i tried to install Magisk (the one available in #1 -> 5.) via the recovery and it did not worked...
I also tried to unzip it and to install the .apk via the system it did not worked either..

Edit: same problem with adb sideload from recovery PitchBlack (I was on Fox Recovery before)

Last edited:

evil-god

I install the recovery yersterday then install the ROM just after.
This afternoon i tried to install Magisk (the one available in #1 -> 5.) via the recovery and it did not worked...
I also tried to unzip it and to install the .apk via the system it did not worked either..
okay, just to be sure, you download the zip file from here, then you unzip the archive, you should see Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.apk, rename that file to Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip and the flash via recovery, you do this?

edit: its not a special hack, this the official way to get an working magisk update zip, the mod is only inside, because magisk and sony are another story...
read here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636 and here https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html last point custom recovery

Last edited:

~MaX~

Dec 31, 2010
okay, just to be sure, you download the zip file from here, then you unzip the archive, you should see Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.apk, rename that file to Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip and the flash via recovery, you do this?

edit: its not a special hack, this the official way to get an working magisk update zip, the mod is only inside, because magisk and sony are another story...
read here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636 and here https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html last point custom recovery
flashing "Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony" works following these steps but when opening the magisk app for the first time it asks to download the full app, followed by an error: "There was a problem while parsing the package"

evil-god

flashing "Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony" works following these steps but when opening the magisk app for the first time it asks to download the full app, followed by an error: "There was a problem while parsing the package"
this is strange, i do this one hour ago without problems, what if you place the apk file on internal storage and install it manually?

evil-god

~MaX~

Dec 31, 2010
yeah, patching the image manually ends up with not booting device, as i write in post #1, hope they fix magisk for sony in the next time.
interesting, i just tried this with 22.1 still and i had no issues booting. still no magisk either though.

hmm, you test the official latest magisk app? v23.0, same way via recovery
this on the other hand results in a hang during the sony logo

Phifouyou

Nov 4, 2021
I used prb recovery to Wipe the entire tablet: System, Cache, Dalvik, Data, internal Storage, magisk modules, Substratum overlays. I flash the ROM again, then i flash magisk sony file.
at the reboot i'm fixed on the screen Sony Xperia...

Phifouyou

Nov 4, 2021
I'll try to flash it severals times...
For now, I still have the Sony Xperia screen with the LED making a green-red-green signal onc after one vibration.
@~MaX~ did you Wipe Cache + Dalvik or just Dalvik or none after flashing? and using which recovery please?

Last edited:

~MaX~

Dec 31, 2010
I'll try to flash it severals times...
For now, I still have the Sony Xperia screen with the LED making a green-red-green signal onc after one vibration.
@~MaX~ did you Wipe Cache + Dalvik or just Dalvik or none after flashing? and using which recovery please?
i used the new pitch black recovery and didnt wipe anything. if you are getting stuck at sony logo try reflashing the boot.img from the rom zip first maybe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am trying to connect to Bluetooth but it doesn't seem to find any nearby device... anyone else having this issue?
    Bluetooth seems unusable (I am using latest firmware from this topic btw).
    Same here, but this was already the case with other custom roms, before, like Floko
    @SGP621-HH : PM in german language has been sent
    @RedSimply : Done, gerne.

to all: I am only repeating what I have written several times in this thread for SGP621.

First be sure to be on last stock MarshMallow with kernel 23.5.A.1.291
    Unlock bootloader and flash boot.img from withing LOS 18.1 ZIP:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Then flash OF-recovery:
    fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
    (exactly as written!)

Start SGP621 with vol - and pwr button simultaneously pressed. After a short time OF-recovery launches and you can flash LOS 18.1.

Last: Enjoy your new tablet and thanks to our dev evil-god!
    I came directly from LOS 15.1 (didn't install Stock first) and I had some problems but eventually managed to install LOS 18.1 and GApps on my SGP611. I tried a lot of different things so I am not sure what made it work in the end but I think it was this:
    1. Extract boot.img from LOS 18.1 zip and flash with command fastboot flash:raw boot boot.img
    2. Flash recovery: fastboot flash FOTAKernel pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img
    3. Boot to recovery (a bit tricky on this device but Power + spamming Volume Up normally works)
    4. Flash LOS 18.1. I couldn't flash GApps at this point since it told me my Android version was wrong
    5. Boot to system and then to recovery again
    6. Flash LOS 18.1 and GApps Arm (32-bit)
    7. Boot to system and configure device

I had TWRP 3.0.2.0 installed before and tried to install LOS with it but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot @evil-god for this rom!!!
    TWRP is not compatible, you must use Orangefox.
    Question...when you do vol down + pwr did you have the tablet plugged into computer via USB?
    No. After flashing OF-Recovery I unplugged the USB cable.
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE

SGP611 WIFI

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above
    build 20220122 january patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20220122 january patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download